1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Raw Tentacle

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by tjwoosta, Jul 30, 2016.

1. tjwoosta

tjwoosta Space Hobo

I found a merchant that sells raw tentacle. In the item description it says "might be more edible if its cooked".
    There are no recipes in the campfire or in the kitchen counter that include it so there is no way to cook it. If I eat it raw it makes me sick.

Deliro likes this.
  2. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was wondering this myself, they used to be. For now they shall fill my fridge.

The Ruin ate Earth, and you shall eat it. That's revenge at it's finest I guess? Pretty weird now that I point it out.

Also makes sense that they would drop from Monopus in ocean biomes.

3. dharthoorn

dharthoorn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seems the line:
    "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" : [ "cookedtentacle" ]
    has been omitted in \items\generic\meat\rawtentacle.consumable

No idea if it's intended or not but it's easy to fix.

4. whydoineedtosignup

whydoineedtosignup Void-Bound Voyager

so how do we fix this? it's still a thing

5. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

As far as I'm aware, it was previously cookable by plopping it on the campfire like any other meat item.
    But with the new system of things, maybe they just forgot to give it the learnBlueprintsOnPickup bit. That's weird, I'll have to remember that for my mod. :\

You can fix that with a quick patch if you really wanted to get the cooked version.
    .... But, I guess, while we're at it, you can just /spawnitem cookedtentacle in the same vein of logic.

6. Deliro

Deliro Void-Bound Voyager

So.. I hope what it fixing soon.
    Just i find in one of my worlds merchant, whose sell it at 25pixels! I don't know, how many points of hungry it restore , but.. It's cool :D