1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

rambling of a bored hylotl who has nothing to watch on tv.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Kaede Grimwater

Kaede Grimwater Existential Complex

so glad giraffe, that was a thing that happened, i has been pretty good to so far. spears are the best melee weapon ever, in my opinion. i got this really awesome shotgun from a npc shop with like 70 damage per shot, and grenade laucher as it's special.
    hmm what else. midnight planets are creepy, especially the hive biome with its zombies(not zombies) called orbides.
    action figures are a really neat idea, i want to collect them all, like some kind of actionfiguremon master. OH, and the fox creature called fennix are THE MOST ADORABLE THING IN THE GAME, and whoever designed them wins the internet. im sure it must be obvious to anyone who has read to this point, i have terrible grammar and spelling skills, but that is okay right? i really need some music to listen to while i write this nonsense of a post. *wanders off to youtube to find some music* alright im back! of course to those reading this it will be as if i never left right? anyways i should get back on topic. i have been finding a TON of uscm prisons around lately, nice people in those prisons we are always trading together, i trade them some face piercings made of shotgun pellets and they trade me pixels and weapons. oh i should wish everyone a merry christmas while im at it, merry christmas everyone. this really has turned into a wall of text hasnt it? im sure people wont mind, there is some really nice people in this community, i mean you guys and girls are such wonderful people and never fail to brighten up my day. i found one of those tiny village biomes underground the other day and it had some bobots patrolling it, it looked like the inhabitants of that village were using the bobots for protection. another thing, ever notice those wisper monsters look happy when you kill them? what if wispers are ghost trapped in the mortal realm and killing them sends them to the afterlife, you are literally granting eternal rest to lost souls. just something to think about. those lilodon monster look like miniature sharks, prompting me and my friend to call them mini sharks. why is a miniature shark on land you ask?
    because mini shark dont need your water, mini shark does what mini shark wants, mini shark dont take lip from anyone. those monopus monsters LOVE to sink boats, that is all. nothing gets you more hype for writing a gigantic wall of text than the 11th doctor giving a speech, as a matter of fact the 11th doctor giving a speech can get you hype for anything. oh yeah, invisible touch by genesis came up in the playlist i love this song....i feel old now. speaking of getting old, a friend of mine came up with a interesting way of thinking of age, your not getting older, your just leveling up. hey that new star wars came out didnt it? let me celebrate by doing something star warsy. yoda was right all along! "Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering." In episode I, Anakin was a fearful boy, in episode II, he was an angry young man, in episode III, he was a hateful man, and in episodes IV-VI he was a suffering old man. mind blown yet? alright enough star wars back to starbound. i gotta say i am not a fan of contact damage, it was a step back in my opinion. i have learned to live with it and adapt though, i just have to be more careful. hmmm what to talk about next. hoverbikes are nice. maybe i should stop here. yeah...i think i will. im still so bored though, and a song just came on the playlist that has all the feels. THE FEELS! ah well whatever. bye all, maybe i will ramble some more later.

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

I'll try to comment on each point you've done
    The weapon thing is perfect, I can finally use spears
    The action figures are awesome indeed, and I happened to get the fox one =3
    You're awesome too!
    And you do look like bored, playing starbound with someone in 80% of the cases is the best thing to do!
    And that annalysis about Star Wars, I'll be using it for now on

Kaede Grimwater likes this.
  3. Kaede Grimwater

i cant take credit for that star wars thing, it is from someone on the star wars the old republic forums.

4. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Well, i'll be taking it anyway u_u

5. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

You would think that bricks make for better walls.

6. Kaede Grimwater

im...confused.

7. PyreStarite

So long as I leave confusion in my wake, my job is done. *Disappears in puff of black smoke*

Word wall, brick wall, really?!

cooltv27 likes this.
  8. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Big Damn Hero

I guess the purpose of the wall is of most import.... if the object is to entertain, the OP has done a very nice job with his/her word wall... (A brick wall hardly has the same amusement coefficient).

9. Kaede Grimwater

guess what guys and girls, i feel like rambling again. so prepare yourselves for another wall of text that has no semblance of grammar. all right here we go.

so i was thinking, what if we had gatling guns in starbound? how would they be balanced? perhaps they would have super low damage but tons of rounds per minute. perhaps they would be a wall of bullet like the spray and pray special on assault rifles.
    well whatever the case, gatling guns would be nice. have you ever given a pet name to a monster? i did with these new unique mobs before i learned their names. i will list some off. i called batong, lickibat, after the pokemon lickitung. i called crabcano, volcanicrab. i called crustoise, rock crab. i called fennix, firefox. i called ignome, keese. as you could tell from my first ramble, i called lilodon, mini shark. i called miasmop, barnacle. i called monopus, jellyfish. i called petricub, shadow dog. i called pulpin, bubblebeam. i called smoglin, skelk. i called hypnare, rabbit. and finally, i called orbide, zombie. wow that last part must have been super boring to read. well i do apologize. now on to another topic that will be only marginally more interesting. i wonder if we will ever get to meet the leaders of each race. for example, big ape. sometimes i imagine fighting kluex in some epic battle with that good old latin music that rpgs love to use for their big bads. oh what if we had space stations, or at least something more akin to the erchius facility. i got the most enjoyment out of that place, oh it was so wonderful, good old horror feel. imagine creepy dark space stations with alien life that wants nothing more than to devour flesh. music time! i should make a off topic ramble, there are only so many things starboundsy i can ramble about. anyone else find it neat how you can find tribal npcs on some planets? not everyone is space age. it gives a good feel i think. that reminds me, i havnt found any cell cave biomes in a long time, and not for lack of looking either. i really need to find some at some point. i think this word wall is gonna be alot less entertaining to read than my last one. ooooh a really nice song just came on. bah, what to ramble about now. i honestly dont know. feels wrong to cut this post so short. hmm, guess i will have to for now. oh well. take care all. maybe i will ramble more later.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  10. Nibolas O Anelbozas

I call the bat, zubat, because it looks like zubat...i'm not creative. And the leader idea is cool, i just don't know about seeing kluex and big ape, and B.Ape preffers to controll things behind a desk

Kaede Grimwater and Tamorr like this.
  11. PyreStarite

I actually like the idea of random arse stations you can find on your travels. Would they act like planets and have their own spot on the navi map or perhaps inside of asteroid clusters or on moons.

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I usually called those lick-a-bat, since it seems to be a cross between lick-a-tongue and zubat. I'd imagine there is a lot of drool in its' wake... ><

13. KatherineOfSky

KatherineOfSky Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I have pet names for all the little critters and monsters too. I do really like the idea of meeting leaders of other factions. I really hope that with the story update there will be more boss fights... and not just main storyline ones ... some that you can find randomly on planets, or may be able to summon, (rather like Terrarria has a few of these).

Space stations would be awesome to visit as well! Over-exploration on my part seems to render all planet middles to be the same -- under the crust is ice, followed by mud, followed by grassy rock, then random biome #1/2, then repeat. Surely there are some planets that are different in construction -- maybe with a gooey cherry center?

14. Kaede Grimwater

when one doesnt have anything to watch on tv one can be amused by the smallest things, like amusing myself by scrolling the forums page up and down. of course, this can only amuse me for so long. you ever tried using a shield in the erchius facility? it works wonders against the boss. another thing, those erchius mutants that have armor. did you know in nearly every instance there is a way to get into such a position that they cant hurt you. even the first one can be easily fought by having pulse jump and any ranged weapon. simply pulse jump up to the platform you came in on. hmm it has been a while, maybe they changed it. brb lemmie go run erchius facility again. *wanders back in* okay im back. totally still works. that place is a total maze you know. i always get lost. still a fun place though. has anyone here ever made the perfect armor? its made with perfectly generic items. it gives you a special effect around your character when you wear the whole set, though you wont see it if you are wearing something in the costume slot over the armor. in terms of stats its equal to the ferozium armor. was browsing frogg's furniture store the other day and i found something quite neat. its called retro pod, i use them as cryo pods for long journeys. im not sure if this is glad giraffe's doing, but lately i have been finding pistols that are as long as rifles. i really like them. while im on the topic of new weapons. not that i have been on any certain topic, im just typing whatever pops up in my head. anyway, one of the rocket launcher specials, rocket burst, is the most fun thing ever. oh i love shooting it off. you see normally rocket launchers go boom, but rocket burst goes boomboomboomboomboom. plus the animation is so nice. what if we had laser cannons. they could fired concentrated beams of energy, but with a large power drain. maybe such a thing would be hard to balance. i cant imagine all the work that goes into making starbound, ugh it must be hell. yet it is a labor of love, yes? im surprised some people like these rambles of mine, what with my non-existant grammar. *takes a drink of some dr pepper* sometimes i tend to avoid towns. every time i go through a town every merchant in the place wants me to buy from them. i kinda feel bad if i dont buy from them, i mean after all they are only trying to make a living. sometimes they have some really nice things for sell. well something interesting just came on tv so im off for now. take care all.

15. Nibolas O Anelbozas

A lazer cannon is what this game needs, and about the broken english, it's not like i'm a grammar master either

16. Wall of Knowledge

Wall of Knowledge Cosmic Narwhal

1406783131192.jpg

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Whenever I read you, it make me thinking of a cat sleeping in front of a fire place.

KatherineOfSky likes this.
  18. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

I feel like this is one of the best phrases ever