1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Racial Armor Information (IRC)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Strife, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

and we will have a river that flows to far underground to be able to follow unless you can breath underwater, it flows into a underground ocean that is too bug to drain and we will have a super base with harpoon turrets to stop you from trying.

2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

+Mining Speed Bonus might not defeat that Base alone, but it can at least Troll it! Or...

Us Robots could Mine the River at it's source & Re-Direct it's Flow much faster than ya could Fix It! Then while you're trying to fix it, a Team of Robots could head to your Base & bring on the Rocket Launchers & Boom Booms! :mwahaha: (We can Mine Air Pockets to Breathe with, assuming Robots will even need to Breathe at all... Hmm... Now that I think about it... that sounds like an interesting Question to Inquire about... :idea:)

I seriously think people who are dissing the Robot +Mining Speed Bonus aren't thinking creatively enough... :p

3. Poltergeist

Poltergeist Zero Gravity Genie

Nice! definately some good news.

4. slaticus

slaticus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR FILTHY LOGIC.

5. tominator

tominator Orbital Explorer

It seems like a nice compromise for those who want racial differences (me for one) and those who don't. If you really want them to be different, use some self control and only use your race's native armor.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Might become a ninja apex...I need to think about it.

Grox empire approves.

Axe Garian, GunmanRex and WoxandWarf like this.
  7. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Your the first person to mention the spore reference, would have thought more people would notice it.

Axe Garian and WoxandWarf like this.
  8. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

So it looks like Florans armour will be mage armour, since energy is the equivalent of mana...

Am I the only one who though of Jungle armour from Terraria?

Axe Garian and AstroBlast like this.
  9. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

No, it so obvious yet I didn't notice it.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  10. slaticus

I do not think that energy is the equivalent of mana at all. This is coming from the fact that all the energy weapons and tools use energy to some degree.

11. Lugubrious

Lugubrious Scruffy Nerf-Herder

can we just agree that chucklefish is the best?

Xefs, WoxandWarf, Axe Garian and 2 others like this.
  12. slaticus

I don't see why not my good man.

WoxandWarf, Lugubrious and Axe Garian like this.
  13. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Isn't that already so obvious that it is unquestionable?

WoxandWarf, Axe Garian and Ephexis like this.
  14. todayisok

todayisok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't all the magic weapons and tools use mana to some degree? :lolwut:

15. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

Hrm..I'm a little torn with the human and robot armor set abilities. Both sound useful, though boring...alternatively I can't think of any really good, though balanced active abilities for either...maybe humans get a special attack with melee weapons, while robots get a special attack with guns? Could be something simply like a parry for humans and a slam for robots.

16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

:down:

Holding more Items is sweet, & Mining Faster is sweet! I wonder if Robots can Mine through Enemies faster...? *Recalls Terraria fun taking a Adamantite Chainsaw/Hamdrax to The Destroyer* :mwahaha:

17. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

Holding more items =/= Underwater breathing/swimming speed, better jumping/runing/Climbing?, ability to glide, ability to mine (One of the most important activities in the game outside combat) faster than anyone else.

Especially considering it seems you may be able to teleport items from your inventory to the ship anyhow. I'm just not seeing it being an awesome effect...hrmm....
    Maybe humans have a higher energy capacity as well?

18. Wolfedg

Wolfedg Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds good but this leaves no distinction b/w races except for aesthetics which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

19. ThatMrT

ThatMrT Phantasmal Quasar

Am i the only one who find this the worst idea yet? The whole point of races is that everyone has something unique, something that lets us distinct them from one another.

Up until this, i've loved every aspect of the game.

I really hope that this idea will be retracted.. i really do. :/

20. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

The whole point of races is not look as your friends while playing.Also,this has been stated since august,retracting it now would be...stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.