1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Racial Armor Information (IRC)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Strife, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

fuuny that you say that, altho robot is my race of choice for now, im finding the robot armor bonus very bland compared to the others

2. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

nooooooooooooooooooo i have to make an avian now just to glide earlier ingame D:
    i'll still become a human.

Axe Garian likes this.
  3. Combine_Kegan

Combine_Kegan Phantasmal Quasar

Tiy doesn't like forced gameplay mechanics, and I'm with him on this, I shoudln't be forced to choose a race because I want benefits, I should choose a race on personal preference.

Besides different races start with different crafting knowledge, that's enough for me

Axe Garian, Shippo and Mokunen like this.
  4. Mokunen

Mokunen Void-Bound Voyager

I, too, support this notion. That looks and capabilities come in a single package is not only an annoyance gameplay-wise, it also sends a very questionable message :rofl:

5. ThrehserMaw

ThrehserMaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Robot armor?You're saying my robot skin won't be enough to protect me from bullets?
    :fireball::fireball:Damn you Tiy!!Haha just joking.

I'm eager to see how robot armor will look like.

6. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

This isnt really new after all. They already said it on the race perks thread.

7. Shiokuri

Shiokuri Ketchup Robot

This is a good thing. Otherwise I would end up saying:
    "God, I wish I was a freaking Human."
    Halfway through the game.

8. Shippo

Shippo Existential Complex

I'm glad the races have different items instead of racial abilities, for all the reasons people have stated in earlier posts.
    Different races having slightly different architecture & technology specializations seems like a much better idea than racial abilities!
    No one is forced to be a certain race just to have a certain ability.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. slaticus

slaticus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmmm, the robot armor bonus is a little less imaginative than the others. I am refusing to speculate any farther on this. ARGH!

10. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

when the game starts your homeplanet is destroyed.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. slaticus

slaticus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

BOOM!

12. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Yep,
    [​IMG]
    BOOM

Mianso and Kristopher like this.
  13. Player's homeplanet ≠ Whole species homeworld.

IE, player's character may be born in a colony:geek:

Nirn and Zellman like this.
  14. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

I have a very important question.... why have we been calling them races when they're species?...

~ockpii

Breather, blind sniper and Axe Garian like this.
  15. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

True, It might just be that throughout the years games with multiple peoples always call them races, so it is probably just tradition.

ockpii likes this.
  16. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Is there an Avian Clan called "Angry Birds" yet? :p :giggle:

I personally think the Robot Armor +Mining Bonus is SWEET!!! Mining can take a long time if ya need to do a lot of it, & ya have to find what Ores/Materials ya need manually, as in having to keep digging & digging & digging until you stumble upon it finally... I wanna lose less Exploration/Building/Killing Stuff time to Mining work. Then when i'm not Mining in later game, I can switch to Human Armor to hold more Rocket Launcher Rockets & Loot from Slain Enemies! :up: (My Robot Alt i'm playing till Glunaughts are done getting Modded in is goin Rocket Launcher as Main Weapon! :DD)

(Psst... Robot Mining Bonus Mine up LOTS of Dirt, then fill in the Hylotl's Water for their Underwater Base with that Dirt just to Troll'em...? If they don't have Robot Mining Armor too, us Robots can fill the Lake in faster then they can dig it back out!!! :mwahaha:)

17. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

Tiy has already confirmed that the only differences between species will be aesthetics, architecture, and starting recipes. Eventually after you have found all the recipes there will be only aesthetic differences. However this quest to collecting all the recipes could take ages, so starting racial recipes will probably play an important role, much like racial bonuses in other games.

18. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

yes, but if you take the water away and Glunaughts in the area wouldn't be able to live any more

19. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I was under the impression that this area was only being lived in by Hylotl Can Members, & there were no Glunaughts to be seen here. ;)

Robot Mining Speed Bonus FTW!!! :DD I wonder if +Jump Height or Gliding will be all that useful, if Jetpacks are in the game...? :p

20. On early stages - for sure. I think Jetpacks are an advanced technology...(not for Avians maybe;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.