[RACE] Tru'Donts

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Dragonith, May 28, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    Tru'dont
    Novumtroodon mentis ("New Wounding Tooth")
    A dinosaurian race that survived countless mass extinctions due to their strong willpower and large brain capacity. They outwitted their larger scaled counterparts and evolved into sapient beings over the course of several generations. Through a mysterious spacecraft crash landing within their atmosphere some millenia ago, the Tru'donts technological advancements began.

A complex society, Tru'donts are composed of a strict hierarchy of a single 'pack leader' per group. The leader commands his/her followers in doing tasks, such as constructing more of their seemingly surreal weaponry. Their preferred combat method are battle claws, in which they are proficient battlers at close range.

Although intelligent, Tru'donts have a bad reputation for reverting back to "primal" instincts when under great pressure. When in this state, their savagery takes over their mind in a blinding frenzy, devastating whatever's in their path.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Comments?

2. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Awesome.
    The sprite? Awesome.
    The general idea? Awesome.

Just an question, how many Tru Donts can there be in each pack?

3. Liquidified

Liquidified Big Damn Hero

I really like the idea of Tru'donts they would be a great improvement to Starbound! Do you think they should be playable in Starbound or just npcs?

4. It can vary. A single Tru'Dont pack can have from 4 pack members to an entire horde of 10. You know what they say; there's safety in numbers. ;)
    I was inspired to make this race when the Avians were revealed a few days ago. So, I'd say they'd be playable.~

wubnut1 and Liquidified like this.
  5. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Its real nice to see new members making such an nice ideas. Everyone likes to contribute here, and sometimes the less active or the newest members might give you the biggest surprises.

I hope this to get added. Im soon gonna post myself a race. Since im not very good whit sprites (I can just make little and very basic things), maybe you could help me whit it?

6. Maybe. I'm not really doing requests at the moment, as I prefer to get my own ideas out before doing another's, if you know what I mean. Hope you understand. ^^;

And OP updated with Tru'donts sprites!
    [​IMG]

7. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

They are very nice and the idea is also good. I would like to have them as enemies or allies, but I don't really think that they would fit as a playable race to be honest.

8. MrCreeper123124

MrCreeper123124 Zeromus

Wow they are awesome.

9. Monkolian_of_Grophus

Monkolian_of_Grophus Void-Bound Voyager

Is it because they look like they don't have hands?

10. logan5557

logan5557 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

seems a little op, but it could work.

11. If that is the case, I can make some adjustments if needed.

12. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

HOLY #@!7 your artwork is freaking amazing! I think it would be great if they was both an NPC and a playable race. Thumbs up!:up::up::up:

S'now Face likes this.
  13. CommanderCnicko

CommanderCnicko Big Damn Hero

Well, just look at the Avians.

14. Spacefawx

Spacefawx Big Damn Hero

YOU'RE FINNALY HERE, welcome!

Great thread btw ^^

15. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

1) Did you draw that initial picture? because it is awesome.
    2) Are you suggesting this as a player race or as a mob, because as a player race I believe it would not work for its unusual shape (meaning all armour would need a redesign to suit it), however as a mob it is pretty good.

16. Spacefawx

Spacefawx Big Damn Hero

I'd pay you to do some for me! ^^

17. locustgate

locustgate Big Damn Hero

I just have to say these guys are awesome. Although in my opinion they don't really seem like they would be playable, might just because they are dinosaurs.

18. xD

Thanks for the warm welcome! Although, I've been here for awhile now actually (abeit quietly, but haven't really done anything notable 'til now.).
    1) Yep, along with the sprite. ^^
    2) I suggested this as a playable race initially. The body shape I tried to make it as close as possible to a human player character's model without making it too "ridiculous". Although, I see that's still a problem. ^^;

Any way you can suggest fixing up the sprite, let me hear it. I can make adjustments if necessary. Otherwise, Tru'donts can just be an NPC race I suppose...

Eh, opinions are opinions and I respect yours. Glad ya like 'em though. ^^

19. Valkoor Moonblood

Valkoor Moonblood Existential Complex

I've always liked dinosaurs, so this seems cool to me.

20. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

To be honest, I don't think there is any way you could make the sprites better.
    They are designed as dinosaur like and that is how they shall remain, sadly not viable for a playable race but certainly an interesting NPC encounter I'm sure :).