1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Race Abilities 1.3b Enraged Koala

Adds Racial bonuses to all current races!

1. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros Existential Complex

Dr. Toros submitted a new mod:

Race Abilities [WIP] - Adds Racial bonuses to all current races!

Read more about this mod...

2. WittyUsername816

WittyUsername816 Poptop Tamer

This looks awesome. I would suggest that the Apex seem like a more likely candidate to produce stimpacks though, based on the fact that they are supposed to have enhanced intelligence. I'm not, however, sure what would replace the Human's ability though.

3. Dr. Toros

Yeah, humans were a little tricky to come up with something for. For what it's worth, it's implied in the flavor text that the human stole the machine from somewhere.

4. Dr. Toros

5. the one who

the one who Void-Bound Voyager

on angry koala when i used this mod and made a new human i got the apex ability and starter seeds

6. Dr. Toros

Hmm. I just tested this with only my mod running and it worked as intended. What other mods do you have installed?

7. cuckooman

cuckooman Big Damn Hero

glitch never starve makes sense cause its a robot and robots don't need food

8. the one who

the one who Void-Bound Voyager

... a lot
    oh well
    just to mention i have the tabula rasa and i can make any racial ability except human?

9. Dr. Toros

The human "racial ability" is the stim station. When you pick it up it adds recipes for stims.

10. Maskrising

Maskrising Subatomic Cosmonaut

request. Add weaknesses to the charecters as well so there not OP?

11. Dr. Toros

Most of the status effects I'm working with don't accept negative numbers. Until this changes, it'll be difficult to add weaknesses.

If this is fixed I'll consider providing two versions, one with weaknesses, the other without.

12. PieroJvR

PieroJvR Void-Bound Voyager

I've noticed the Hylotl waterbreathing item get converted to a Perfectly generic item which happens when an item gives an error. Seems like it can't find the status effect for "waterbreathing". Here is the log data.

Error: Could not instantiate item '[HylotlBreath, 1, {}]'. StarException: Unknown status effect with kind waterbreath.
    005AD9DA (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/StarStatusEffectDatabase.cpp:537)
    ... (7)
    005959B4 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/game/items/StarArmors.cpp:142)
    ... (2)
    0045E24E (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/frontend/StarCraftingInterface.cpp:626)
    0045ECFD (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/frontend/StarCraftingInterface.cpp:328)
    004625CD (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/frontend/StarCraftingInterface.cpp:306)
    004B4ACB (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/windowing/StarPaneManager.cpp:65)
    0043513B (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/frontend/StarMainInterface.cpp:847)
    00404E2F (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:572)
    00407337 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/StarClientApplication.cpp:368)
    0040A214 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:199)
    00407C30 (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:48)
    004DBBD1 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

I've tried finding a solution but can't find a list of effects that's included in the game to replace the waterbreathing with.
    Any ideas?

13. Dr. Toros

I have a fix for this. I'll have it uploaded tonight.

If you want to fix it yourself you can open the HylotlBreath augment in notepad ++ and delete the part that uses waterbreath.

14. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros updated Race Abilities [WIP] with a new update entry:

Updated to verison 1.05 Hylotl fix and Floran additions

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Dr. Toros

Dr. Toros updated Race Abilities [WIP] with a new update entry:

Racial Abilities 1.1 is out! Mod overhaul with new items and features!

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. PieroJvR

PieroJvR Void-Bound Voyager

Awesome. :D

17. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I sort of question that glitch may get a bigger benefit from not being able to starve. Lore wise they were made to imitate living things (to study stuff relating to societies/evolution of civilizaitions). I wonder, instead of not being able to starve being a direct racial thing, why not have it be a item they can craft (similar to the water gun the Hylotl can make). Mabye after beating the first or second boss, maybe as a upgrade to their racial ability.

18. Dr. Toros

My in-game justification for this is that the Glitch altered their own programming, but that really doesn't address your point.

I'd like to give every species something from the very start that is both noticeable and useful. Lack of hunger for the glitch fit the bill and honestly was relatively simple to implement. I don't believe that cold protection alone would be enough of a boon to be fun for the player.

Any suggestions for an alternate benefit?

19. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder, what about a extremely decreased rate at which their hunger bar goes down (which then after betting some boss you can upgrade to never having to eat). Granted this really may only be needed once they decide to make racial foods that only a distinct race can eat (like the humans have chili's, florans have the eyeball fruit, etc. though they haven't implemented it yet). That is assuming the metal like fruit/vegetables that seem like they are for the glitch don't become only edible by them.

20. Shroom Mage

Shroom Mage Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I posted this thought in the racial traits thread, but I think it's worth mentioning here, too.

Each of the abilities should subtly change the way a player of that race approaches certain scenarios. Hylotl should be drawn to watery environments while avoiding dry ones. Avian structures should be more spaced out, giving them an "airy" feel. Florans should prefer staying near sunlight. Observing the structures and rooms of an abandoned base should give clues to what creature built it.

The bonuses, ideally, shouldn't provide statistical benefits. Power gamers will still likely choose a "best" race, as they have already done, but combat advantages should be avoided.

Some of the traits you've already added are good, but these are my ideas and the reasons for them, but I'm not sure how feasible they are to implement.

Avian
    Avians have reduced weight. This would allow them to jump a bit higher while making their jumps more "floaty", letting them jump farther as well. They would also take less falling damage.
    (Avian players will typically space platforms out more.)​
    Floran
    Florans regenerate food in sunlight.
    Florans can eat uncooked meat.
    (Floran players may tend to play closer to the surface, and their structures should contain more windows. Eating uncooked meat gives them a much more primal feel. Possibly, their food drains more quickly in general.)​
    Hylotl
    Hylotl can breath underwater indefinitely.
    The oxygen meter is shown instead when out of water, drains very slowly, and is refilled when entering or drinking water.
    (This causes Hylotl players to prefer wet planets and avoid dry ones without being difficult to overcome.)​
    Glitch
    Glitch require fuel instead of food. The amount needed would probably need to be adjusted.
    (This gives them a robot feel. Glitch, especially early on, will tend to be more interested in digging and harvesting than in hunting.)​

I've got nothing for Human and Apex, especially Human. The lore suggests that Humans are outclassed by Apex both physically and mentally, so I really don't know what to give them. The stimpacks aren't a bad idea, though, I suppose.

Of the ones I've listed, Avian is the only one I'm not entirely sure about. The other races have things that are both subtle advantages and disadvantages, but Avians have a rather obvious boon with no real drawbacks.