1. If you need help with your pre-order or technical support for Starbound, please use the support forum instead. Do not post Starbound-related things here.

Question about inbox/conversations

Discussion in 'General Forum Help' started by keodau27, Oct 19, 2016.

1. keodau27

keodau27 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Do conversations disappear if one of the account who engage in the conversation is delete ? Or does conversation is deleted after a certain time ? Like a few months ago, there is this dude who pm me for a permission, i answered back and never hear from him again when i expected from him like an apology, so of course i didnt delete or did anything else to that conversation, but now i went back to find it and i cant find it and that is like the only inbox i got

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Did you try and the 'Show All' button? Only recent PMs appear in the drop down menu, but the rest should be archived. Even if one of the participating accounts is deleted, the PM remains.

3. keodau27

That is what i did
    Untitled.png
    Now this is just bizarre, i remember he had japanese sounding words as his display name, i dont remember it very well though
    The conversation is not really that important so its fine but i hope this wont repeat

4. Jonesy

That is weird. The only thing I can think of is he either kicked you out of the conversation by accident, or he had all his content removed for posting advertising. Otherwise, PMs don't disappear on their own.

5. keodau27

Oh now that you have said it, that could be the case, because i dont think its only me who he pm'ed
    He pm'ed me to ask for permission to repost my mods on his site about SDV mods and he will send me money if i want depend on the downloads i get, and i'm pretty cool with sharing my mods but the money part sure rubbed me the wrong way, then i checked his site and he already reposted them without my actual permission so i replied back :"Hey, i'm cool with you sharing my mod and im interested in money but the way you reposted my mod without my actual permission rubbed me the wrong way, dont repeat this" and i expected like an apology but never got it. So maybe he did kick me out ?
    He reposted a lot of popular mods on his site too, so im sure he had pm'ed popular creators for permission too, and someone could've reported him ?
    Or he could have advertising his site on here and got removed ?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. Jonesy

Who knows. I've seen all three happen, so any one explanation is plausible.

7. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Star Wrangler

We can kick people from conversations? :/

8. Jonesy

I don't think so. You can leave one, though.

9. TeamTyler

TeamTyler Star Wrangler

Then again, the only thing you could think of. I don't think this is normal for XenForo