Q and A: (OLD) READ IMPORTANT TEXT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silver593, Feb 20, 2013.

1. silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

It appears to be dependent on the "skill tree" as you get farther in the game you can take different paths in the tree. Ex: The "Agriculture tree" can be upgraded to grow quicker and make more seeds per plant, or each plant is worth much more. This is unconfirmed. The skill tree system is labeled as "Farming Talents."

• Gev

Gev Space Hobo

Where are the pets eggman?
      The pets. Has the developer made no comments about having a cat and then abandoning them in a mine, only to regret it later?

• alsmacko23

alsmacko23 Orbital Explorer

Um will this game be for mac because even if I have to wait just you telling me it will be for mac will make my day

• Megaverse

Megaverse Void-Bound Voyager

It may have been asked numerous times all ready and i'm sorry if it's the case And yes I know you can't put an exact date of when it will come out but surely you can tell if it's like a month ? more like 6 months or a year ? right ?
          at least we wouldn't bother you anymore with that question ;) And yes I have a good idea how hard it is to answer that but maybe it's all ready clear in your mind ;)

And by the way it's seems like an amazing game, seriously, I can say that about only a handful of games of all there is out there. This seems like one. Good luck for your launching.

Best Regards,

Megaverse.

• Megaverse

Is this thread dead or nobody answers when it's the weekend, lol

• GnomeBoy

GnomeBoy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There just isn't going to be a release date until the game is finished. This is first game CA has made and he has continuously expanded it with help from suggestions from community. We are all pretty excited for the game but all we can do is check for updates and be supportive :)

Phlox likes this.
              • Megaverse

I don't want to start anything and I understand what your saying but the message was addressed to the owner. If he doesn't answer that's fine too but I asked for an approximate not an exact date, of course. ;)
                so in general, people need to stop answering at the place of others, seriously. :p

• gnofar

gnofar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well CA isn´t active all the time on this forum so we try to fill in answers we have already gotten.

GnomeBoy likes this.
                  • Megaverse

Yes, I agree but, we should respond as third party like "I heard this or that" or "i'm pretty sure that"; "here's the info I got". Not acting as if we're directly the guy who made it but it's of no importance now I just won't get a date and that's it, thanks for the info anyway :)

• gnofar

Yes but saying "i am pretty sure" is kinda stupid when we have been given the EXACT answer to the question you were asking for.
                      and i see no reason to not accept a answer that has already been stated by the creator and quoted by the community members.

GnomeBoy likes this.
                      • Megaverse

put a link of the said thread then for god sake... And for my case the subject is closed.

And all of this could be advoided if there was a newsletter giving insights of where it's at.
                        I'll check for that later if there's any

• gnofar

There is the development update where CA reports any major changes to the game where the major part of the information we get is from.
                          And if you want a offical answer third question from the top http://stardewvalley.net/faq/

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

You could...Look for yourself? *gasp*

• silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I do not know this, Mac usually gets support after the game is released on windows in many games. If you enough people want Mac support I'm sure the dev will consider it. The game has at least another year if not more until it is somewhat done. It is being made by one person so it will take a while if said person is working and going to school.

• gnofar

What platforms will I be able to play Stardew Valley on?
                                PC is the only definite platform, but Mac and Linux are still quite possible.
                                Riped from the FAQ that thing could be quite handy sometimes.

Thorin likes this.
                                • Z3DD8787

Z3DD8787 Intergalactic Tourist

Why is this question even on this board? By all means, mention that you can simply opt not to get your character involved in a homosexual relationship (which, really, goes without saying...), but this question is blatantly offensive. Saying "No offense" doesn't make it any less so (btw, nice spelling...offense* meant*).

If someone said, I would like the option to disable black people appearing in my game, it would probably be considered pretty damn offensive. Why do you even think this is okay with gay people?

Finn Learson likes this.
                                  • gnofar

There is nothing wrong with him expressing his opinions on what he would like to be able to do in the game (or rather not do) . Why does people always need to take offence to things, in this case the person was gently asking if it would be ok to play with some presets and as long it wouldn´t affect gameplay to much i think it would not matter too much (as to a point that someone would take offence). But also i don´t think (or hope) there would be such a feauture to rule out some kind of people just simply because they don´t like them.

• Z3DD8787

Z3DD8787 Intergalactic Tourist

I don't want to start a tirade or flame war on this forum - honestly - (and as a side note, I'm just a straight, white guy, so take that for what it is), but the simplest way I can put it is that if this person had to say twice in their post that "no offense is meant", then they're obviously saying something offensive. That's true 90% of the time when people make a comment starting or ending with "no offense". More specifically, consider this sentence, "No offense, but I don't believe it's okay for people to be the way that you are". I'd be pretty offended.

I think it was obvious enough that you are not required to be in a same-sex relationship. The person who asked the question should leave it at that, and maybe just not go hitting on people of the same sex if they have a problem with it.

• naithaan

naithaan Zero Gravity Genie

I like what is already added I cant wait to see it

• Negaman

Negaman Void-Bound Voyager

Will this game be appropriate for someone who is about 13 years or so old to play?
                                          Or to put it another way- what is the games target audience in terms of age?