Q and A: (OLD) READ IMPORTANT TEXT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silver593, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cariyaga

Cariyaga Void-Bound Voyager

Yes, that's why I'm asking about hybrid crops specifically. Assumedly, they would have a different mechanic to normal crops in how they are acquired.

• Chronx6

Chronx6 Orbital Explorer

Is there any benefit to marriage? (kids, new game play or store items, ect.) and if so could the game recognize a player to player relationship in multiplayer?

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Being able to marry another player in game? That's genius. Setting triggers that allow the marriage to occur would probably be easy too. Perhaps time played could trigger it? (IE: Play 30 Hours with a friend in co-op.)

• thursdaypostal

thursdaypostal Void-Bound Voyager

How about hurricanes/tornadoes or blizzards? Maybe not too destructive so it's unfun, but it could trigger special events like helping someone in town fix windows or even weathering over with a neighbor until the storm passes.

• silver593

silver593 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You will be able to marry other players and npc,s. There are pros and cons to marriage. Lets say you marry a woman in the town that owns a bakery, you will receive a reasonable amount of free baked goods, but she may barrow money every now and then. This isn't entirely confirmed but its basic idea of marriage. What benefit there will be from kids is unknown. Not even sure if you will be able to have children.

• Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

i think he mentioned there will be kids at least for the npcs, somewhere

• Kaobasa

Kaobasa Space Spelunker

If this game makes it to steam, which I don't really doubt, I wonder if we will have Workshop at some point for it. I know that's a long shot but I think it could go a long way into adding to the games longevity and I think the community would really love making their own clothes and possibly items. Clothes would be great because I would imagine they would be rather easy for just about anyone to do. Pixel art is just so much fun.

• WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like that idea. Being able to make your own designs in Animal Crossing was really neat. I saw some really amazing designs on some friends 'villes.

• Cloakedboltz

Cloakedboltz Guest

I heard it is pretty hard to get your game out on Xbox 360 so the odds are low.

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, I doubt it'd be on the 360, unless it had overwhelming popularity on the PC. Higher chances of a mobile version, honestly.

• lord'o'waves

lord'o'waves Orbital Explorer

I have a question, will the npc's start from nothing and build a town with you, or will they have a town already set up? are you a founder or a newcomer? Also, is the town situated on a different spot each time, or is it in the exact same terrain as the last world?

• oath2order

Newcomer, and the town is roughly there.

silver593 likes this.
                          • Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

It's ocnfirmed that female players can get pregnant, so I would hazard to guess that kids are involved somehow, even if it's just for conversation.

• BoboTheEpic

BoboTheEpic Big Damn Hero

Uh...
                              [​IMG]Look at the first and last questions in that little edit.

djchrisblue and Active Link like this.
                              • oath2order

Where ya get that from

• Killer Snowman

Killer Snowman Pangalactic Porcupine

How 'bout Polygamy?

I don't know why, but I just had the idea of marrying everyone in the game. Having the whole house packed with, well, the town. Being accused of cheating by your 20th wife with your 13th husband. All the homecooked meals you can eat... I take it this won't happen. But that's what MODS will be for!

So, serious questions.

How modable will this game be? Will I be able to add items by poking around in text files? Or, you know, add polygamy?

That evil corporation... yeah, can I be a part of that? It's kind of my thing. I understand this kind of goes against the whole farming simulator idea, but perhaps DLC?

• silver593

I honestly cant say but if its coded using Lua scripts it will be very modable.

• silver593

Sorry about that, its fixed now.

BoboTheEpic likes this.
                                      • NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You should tidy up the OP if you can.

• painman01

painman01 Orbital Explorer

I would prefer to play this with my xbox360 controller anyway, so I hope we'll have that option in the final game :)