1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Public Contribution

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Nyss, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wholly understand that there is a suggestions section for Starbound's development.

But what about after the game is launched? I know it's a somewhat silly question, but I would like to know if, after the game is released, will the devs continue to take suggestions and even content contributions from the community? I certainly hope so, because this game has a ridiculous amout of potential for mods and other fun goodies. Would be cool if the best ideas became official content.

Inferno_Draconis and Ted Gu like this.
  2. Spike

Spike Supernova

Even if no future updates will be available after full release (Which is highly unlikely), you will have modders who will keep you more than entertained. Whatever happens, you will almost certainly be satisfied.

3. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

And actually confirmed to the contrary:

CURSE: Will updates continue after release?

TIY: Yes! I plan to make sure there's a dedicated team (including myself) updating the game for years after release. The great thing about updating Starbound is the way all of the content is used procedurally. Even adding just a handful of content becomes a vast amount once it's fed into the procedural system.

And as that's happening, it'd be pretty foolish if they just turn an eye away from the community, however after release I expect the community would increase in size dramatically, and there'd be more suggestions that won't make the grade into the official boat. After that there's always the modding aspect as said above, and it's been said to be very accessible.

Ted Gu likes this.
  4. Spike

Spike Supernova

I sincerely, truly hope they can strike a deal with steam, so steam would make a workshop for Starbound. This will be highly, highly unlikely seeing only two games on steam have such an honor (It's like winning the Nobel prize), but I believe the devs at starbound can possibly achieve this goal if we can show Gabe Nuel just how much we want this game.

5. nic329

nic329 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally i think the suggestions will get BETTER when the game comes out. right now we don't know what the game can and cant do. so sometimes our suggestions can be way off base of what may be possible in game. While i don't think there are "bad " ideas some of them may not be possible. once we know a little more about how monsters, quests, planets work, the basic laws that make them work (code) the suggestion thread should be filled with more realistic ideas and ways to put them in game.

Vorco Rot-Gut and Bine like this.
  6. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agreed with Nic329! Though myself, I do not like adding mods to my games in general. They usualy arent of the same feel and may even spoil a game for me! Silly i know, but after playing the CRPG mod for M&B WB i just couldnt play normal multiplayer anymore D: .

I personally hope they agressively update the game with new content (like they have said they would) to keep it fresh without me having to go look to mods for the fresh content.

7. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really hope they can just share a little bit more soon, I suggest things but never follow up because I just don't know anything about how the game thinks or what it would allow! Except that flashlights are more fun. So I can't wait to like flail wildly with flashlights especially if there are multicolored ones. Colored lights should totally blend! D: is that even possible?

nic329 likes this.
  8. nic329

nic329 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope they take what people suggest and add it into updates, more then mods. mods can be fine, but i think official content "blends" better with a game. while i would love to see player stuff in game, taking it as official content would be better.

off topic: i love the idea of mixed light colors lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.