1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4, Xbox One & Wii U versions.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Legacy95, Nov 19, 2013.

1. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

You do realize we aren't talking shit about your precious U. It was already confirmed to be on PS4 and I reiterated that and he just confirmed it was from a while back.

2. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

No, remember, this thread is pure speculation. Until I see the game is released I'll believe but for now I have hopes for a Wii U version. Just a PC port with modified controls and perhaps use the Gamepad as the map and or inventory?

3. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

No one (at least from what I gleamed) is against a Wii U version. The speculation here would be for the Xbox One and Wii U versions. You can count out the last generation.

4. SweFox

SweFox Guest

This may anger people but I hope this game never comes to any other platform than PC.

Nimeni likes this.
  5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Meh, it is coming PS4 for sure. I don't see the point in hoping against it coming to other platforms other than not wanting the game to grow.

Also Mac is it's own platform.

6. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Mostly meant consoles.

If it does I hope the PC version gets 100% finished at least.

Nimeni likes this.
  7. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

PS4 and Vita are pretty much confirmed I believe.

8. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Oh well ^^.

9. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Of course the game has to be finished for it to arrive on consoles.

10. Mallacor

Mallacor Great Scott!

Cause ChuckleFish ain't EA.

Also Sony is supporting ChuckleFish so presume they are exclusive now, as Sony supports Indie developers which is a good thing.

11. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Okey? This applied to every developer.

You simply put trust into devs anymore.

I just hope the console versions come absolutely last.

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

honeslty the console version of everything is ALWAYS worse then the pc version

besides saints row 2, that was shit ._.

13. Mallacor

Mallacor Great Scott!

Not everything, Skyrim played better on console, so did Red Dead Redemption and GTA V. (Even though Skyrim was a crap game)

14. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Controls are always the main downfall

15. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Controllers over keyboard&mouse any day for me.

dom1998 likes this.
  16. DaMattGuy

DaMattGuy Space Spelunker

This line of thinking is too subjective. The ease of control with a gamepad or keyboard is dependent only somewhat on the player, and much more on the game itself. For example, take Saint's Row (any of them) and GrandChase/Elsword (they are basically clones, to be honest): Saint's Row was made with a gamepad in mind, and while you can play on a keyboard, you are making the game more awkward just for some shortcut keys. Elsword by comparison, you can set up gamepad controls with it, but unless you are some kind of elitist with them and find keyboards very alien, you won't find nearly as much precision as with even the default settings on keyboard.

17. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Well subjectivity is the main factor here. Sure there are some games where I find a keyboard easier, mainly those that require exact pointing and such. But I'm mainly referring to games where it can go either way without much objective difference. FPS games would probably be a good example, I hate looking and moving with a mouse/keyboard... I find controllers much more comfortable and easy.

18. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Games like twin-stick shooters or racing games are better on a gamepad. Shooters and action-paced games like them are better on a keyboard and mouse. At least, in my opinion.

19. Lord Scrappington

Lord Scrappington Subatomic Cosmonaut

you just say that because you haven't pleyed those two on pc yet, , i personally think every pc game rockstar makes is better than console, mainly because cursor aiming makes it easier and funnier

20. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

RDR and GTA V arent even on PC...
    (GTA V MIGHT come to PC but nothing's been said about it for a while. As for RDR it's DEFINITELY not coming to PC. Honestly it's for the best since all their PC ports are complete crap, I'd rather it stay on console so it doesn't degrade my opinion on R* even further :p)

Besides that I agree with Evangelion where it just depends on the game and what you prefer i just find games like Terraria nigh impossible to play with a controller

Jonesy likes this.