1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4, Xbox One & Wii U versions.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Legacy95, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Golin

Golin Aquatic Astronaut

Okay yeah wrong name, analog sticks. :p It doesn't really matter what you prefer, this is about which is more accurate and that is the mouse. You are right it doesn't really matter in a game like this since this is a casual game, but when it comes to accuracy the person using the mouse will be more accurate than the person using a controller.

2. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

But like I said, that's only if you're good at the game or mouse. The mouse can be as accurate as you want, but it doesn't amount to much if you don't use it well in the game. That's why I said it doesn't matter what you use, because my skill is high enough with a controller that it feels much more better and accurate than a mouse. I mean controllers do have sensitivity levels and all that, I personally do better when the mouse and controller are set low.

3. Legacy95

Legacy95 Void-Bound Voyager

Wii U GamePad, anybody? I think the Wii U will have more of an advantage with StarBound since you can actually select stuff without having to either pause or stop walking. :) Also, I can certainly see the Vita and PS3/PS4 crossplay, but I don't know if it'll happen. :/

4. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

And then there was the Steam controller.

5. Glitch1500

Glitch1500 Aquatic Astronaut

I can imagine it going very well on the Wii U Gamepad, and they have started releasing Indie games, I can only dream

Miles likes this.
  6. Scorpius1981

Scorpius1981 Orbital Explorer

The CHEAPEST console version would be Wii U or PS3 and PS4. I would LOVE to see it on Xbox, BUT I have been told by developers in the past that they charge a LOT to get an indie game on XBLA. Wii U would be perfect (use the gamepad for inventory)

7. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

I don't mean to start a console warfare but... why not PS3 and PS4? they're both qaulity consoles

I have an xbox 360 myself and I don't get the whole difference between them... they're practically the same thing and the only thing that separates them is the console controls and there subscription bonuses.
    I do plan in the late future to hopefully get a next gen console but getting a new computer topped the list on importance... a laptop with a detached screen doesnt seem to function well... especially after it catches on fire.

8. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

Well, first of all, the PS3 has that whole Cell architecture thing.
    It would be hell to program for, especially for a small dev studio who's never touched it before.
    The PS4, however, is much more Dev friendly. As is the Wii U.
    PS4 would probably win out though, in terms of it's ease of programming.
    The Wii U utilizes a GPGPU setup. and also has that whole screen controller thing going for it, by the virtue of that, it's more difficult to program for.

I'd personally go for the Wii U.

9. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

GG Necromancers.

Again, its a bad idea to talk about putting it on a Console just yet

Serenity likes this.
  10. Legacy95

Not really, just speculation. Perhaps.

11. Legacy95

Obviously, yes. But why not just speculate?

12. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

they should foucus on finishing the game before deciding on where to port it.

13. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

...Seriously, dude? Seriously?

TrinityMoon, Legacy95 and Serenity like this.
  14. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Nothing better than a pointless console debate

TrinityMoon likes this.
  15. NightFire

To be honest it probably wouldnt run too well on the Wii U but i could see it working out well
    For both xbox uno and PS4 it would workout fine

If anything i just don't want the damn exclusives crap (it always ends badly)

16. Lord Scrappington

Lord Scrappington Subatomic Cosmonaut

do.not.repeat.what.happened.with.terraria.
    believe me when i tell you that all of us who don't have consoles other than pc would completely hate missing exra content just because its console exclusive
    damn you ocram and that sword you make with excalibur, and pet zombies and other stuff

17. NightFire

Honestly i dont care about those crappy re-skins but...
    I shall never experience orcas :( as they are a console exclusive

But i doubt Starbound would be the type of company to do that
    (but then again thats what i thought about Terraria)

Lord Scrappington likes this.
  18. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Already confirmed for PS4 and (I think) Vita.

Serenity likes this.
  19. NightFire

Im pretty sure they confirmed it before they even released the beta... a long while back

Serenity likes this.
  20. Legacy95

You do realise Nintendo has a program which allows for easy porting from PC, iPhone and Mac games for the Wii U?