1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4, Xbox One & Wii U versions.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Legacy95, Nov 19, 2013.

1. curiouslyExistential

curiouslyExistential Phantasmal Quasar

While I would like a portable version, portable versions of desktop games seem to be rather.. Lacking. So to speak. How might this theoretical on-the-go Starbound be structured.

2. TrinityMoon

TrinityMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

much like the mc version. I nvr tried the terraria one i was rather disappointed in the 360 version of it.

I agree with that 100% cuz we have all been waiting for this game for a long time. Now it's time to savor it since it's only a few days away now.

3. curiouslyExistential

Minecraft pocket edition was kind of a letdown for me, honestly. But that's mainly because of the touch-screen controls.

4. TrinityMoon

i heard it was bad, but i didnt like mc all that much to invest more money into it with the lack of mods. how where the controls and what where bad about them?

5. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

This thread hurt so bad to read. Holy sh-

Xbox One is a no due to bad indie dev partnership.
    Wii U is likely a no since it isn't popular enough to attract a lot of sales, so it won't be worth the investment.
    Vita isn't super popular either but it isn't hard to port to since its going to the PS4, so even remote play can do it even if it isn't officially ported.
    PS4 was confirmed.
    PC is the master race, though, and is also the best control wise.

That said, stop being rabid fanboys for a single console. It's outright pathetic.

6. Golin

Golin Aquatic Astronaut

lol really? I guess the wii u is failing to since no one is making any games for it now other than ubisoft and nintendo. They are both failing in all honesty. :p

7. Dynamicus

Dynamicus Space Penguin Leader

All porting Starbound to consoles will do is turn the community into an even bigger clusterfuck with the computer illiterate, agressive children flooding the fanbase.

Tleno likes this.
  8. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

But guuuuuuys! How does I move! I cant move Ugh I hate this game THIS IS THE WORST GAME EVER NOW A STUPID ENEMY KILLED ME!!!!
    WHERE IS MY SNIPER RIFLE!!!!

Dynamicus likes this.
  9. curiouslyExistential

WHY ARE BODY SHOTS MORE EFFECTIVE THAN HEADSHOTS UGHHHHHH. CAMPER NOOBS!

Heuhue

TrinityMoon and Dynamicus like this.
  10. JackNoir

JackNoir Void-Bound Voyager

Bet they would take an advance sale on that.

11. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

About this though, hope they add general hitboxes depending of they are humanoid, what size they are, etc etc.

I really want headshots to be implemented.

HOWEVER: Like in Halo, they would only have headshots for non automatic weapons.

curiouslyExistential likes this.
  12. MyCrazyGrandpa

MyCrazyGrandpa Void-Bound Voyager

I could see it being released on the PS4,due to its super indie friendly policy,Xbox one on the other hand,Due to its indie not so friendly policies,i doubt that it would be released onto it.WiiU I hope that starbound is released on it

13. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

PS4 was already confirmed. Or at LEAST PS3. Pretty sure it was the 4, though. Vita AFAIK was as well, but PS3/4/whoevenknowsIsurefriggindon't was confirmed by Tiy.

Post-release. So... in three years or so. Or coincident with the Rapture.

14. Full Metal Kirby

Full Metal Kirby Phantasmal Quasar

XBone - Probably.
    Wii U - Sort of correct. The reason that it isn't "popular enough" currently is that N. is currently just lacking enough stuff to make it popular. Who's to say what it'll be like in X years when Chucklefish gets around to doing their porting, or who's to say Starbound wouldn't cause it single-handily. You can speculate or theorycraft on it sure, but you'll never know until it happens.
    PC Master Race - Opinion. I could point out why, but the subject of 'PC vs Console' is already a dead horse beaten into a bloody pulp of gooey bits rotting under a supernova while fire demons feast on its corpse. So there's really no reason to go down that path.
    PC Control - Opinion, as controllers beat out keyboards in terms of how easy it is to game comfortably. Unless you mean 'PC can use controllers too', in which case it turns into 'the same control wise'.

15. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Maybe if it sells enough on ps4 they will think about it, but as many said to early to tell.

16. Golin

Golin Aquatic Astronaut

Pretty sure the PC being better control wise is actually a fact because you have to aim in starbound and everyone should know that a mouse is more accurate than analog sticks. I'm not sure you really know the difference between opinion and fact. Controllers being more comfortable to use is an opinion, a mouse being more accurate than joysticks is a fact.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  17. Full Metal Kirby

Full Metal Kirby Phantasmal Quasar

An opinion is something determined by an experience that is not guarenteed to be true for everyone. A mouse being more accurate than a joystick/d-pad/touchscreen is an opinion for that very reason, because while it might be true for a majority of people, some people can aim better with a controller than a mouse.

As well, I never said my reasoning wasn't an opinion because I figured it was pretty obvious, since the amount of facts relating to it are few and neither make them better or worse except for when you add opinions into the mix. Ex: Keyboards having more buttons than controllers is a fact, whether or not that is better or worse is an opinion.

Evangelion likes this.
  18. TrinityMoon

i find it pointless to say, but my friend is a master of using the touchpad on her laptop. She rarely uses a mouse for any games.

I think the console vs pc option is pointless to expand on since each have there own way of doing things. I love my computer games, but personally i prefer my console so it's just up to the player.

and anyways were kinda off topic:geek:

19. Golin

Golin Aquatic Astronaut

You realize mouse movement is 1:1 right? Analog sticks are not, so they are not as accurate. Can't believe there are people who don't actually know this.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  20. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

Joysticks? Ya mean the the hunks of metal with a giant red ball and stick coming out of it?
    No, you meant controllers, which in fact I find much more easy and better than a mouse and keyboard. Which one is better for starbound? Well that's to be determined until the game is actually out. You can say mice have a 1:1 movement match, but if you're decent with a controller, the mouse doesn't really stand over it in any way.

TrinityMoon likes this.