1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

PS4 Crashing (2nd Year)

Discussion in 'Support' started by FinnyLFC, Dec 21, 2016.

1. FinnyLFC

FinnyLFC Aquatic Astronaut

Hello guys, and hopefully some Devs.

Trying to give some feed back on the PS4 version. My PS4 keeps crashing after the 2nd year. I'm in winter now and ever let's say 3 days or so the game would crash and i'm at the point were i'm farming, Trying to get the scrolls to unlock the Darwf shop, I got the scroll I needed after about 3 in-game days of farming.

Anyways as I went to bed the game crashed. I am using English as main langue on PS4, and have the latest update.

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Let's hope that this is another new bug that causes loads of grief .....

A question for the devs - did you thoroughly test the console releases???

FinnyLFC likes this.
      • FinnyLFC

I just hoping someone high up (Devs) actually visits this forum and see what I have said and they fix it, because right now, For me that game is unbearable. (And I love this game)

• Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

It might be worth tweeting ConcernedApe just to ensure that he knows about the issue and can then pass it onto Chucklefish and/or Sickhead Games:

https://twitter.com/concernedape

also might be worth a tweet to Chucklefish Games:

https://twitter.com/chucklefishltd

Just to be on the safe side in case this thread isn't read by those who need to know.

FinnyLFC likes this.
          • FinnyLFC

I have already done that, No reply. also add a post on the stardew valley reddit.

• bkstunt

bkstunt Space Hobo

BUMP on this.

In 2nd year, Winter 17. Game crashes every time I head to bed. PS4 as well, latest update. Extremely irritating to have 70 hours of progress just blocked on you like that. 2nd or 3rd day of having a second kid, wondering if that isn't the trigger but no idea. Hoping this game gets updated again soon as it's unplayable at this point.

• bkstunt

bkstunt Space Hobo

Well...

Was just able to bypass the crash by going DIRECTLY to bed after waking up. Tried a day without shipping anything, but that crashed still. But going directly to bed after waking got me past day 17. Will see if it crashes on 18 and onward....

Typhoon likes this.
                • Typhoon

Typhoon Spaceman Spiff

Weird, but at least you may have found a workaround.

So many game breaking bugs in these console releases are sickening.

• bkstunt

bkstunt Space Hobo

Success so far. Made it to the 19th. Still, hope this game's performance on consoles gets improved.

FinnyLFC likes this.
                    • bkstunt

bkstunt Space Hobo

Agreed. This is just one that kept repeating. I've had a couple of crashes that didn't repeat. The music cutting out is also annoying, but at least it isn't game breaking. You have to think whoever worked on the console release MUST have noticed that one at the very least though...

FinnyLFC likes this.
                      • FinnyLFC

Man, I hope it get's patched soon, Looks like i'll be playing something else over the holidays...

• bkstunt

bkstunt Space Hobo

BUMP.

This happened AGAIN. Just crashes at the end of the day. PS4.

Very frustrating this time. Actually find a Dino Egg, one of the last two artifacts I need. Ecstatic! Been fishing for three plus REAL LIFE days to find this thing! Go to bed at the end of the day. Crashes.

I'm done. Done with this game. What a fantastic game just RUINED by a piss-poor console port. Rushed to holidays to try to make money. I plan to let all my fans/followers know to stay away as well.

*Sigh.... what a bittersweet experience.

Mikek likes this.
                          • FinnyLFC

There's a wallpaper that you can put in the egg machine to make a dinosaur. Watch this video.