1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Project Starlight - Starbound Server Extension - Player Commands, Admins and more! - Open Source!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Opalium, Dec 20, 2013.

1. TheOtherDrew

TheOtherDrew Big Damn Hero

I don't have any mods, thats the thing.

My game just crashes as soon as I press "E" when I hover over the seat.

I tried new universe, new player.

2. TheBorg

TheBorg Aquatic Astronaut

Na you are correct, its an issue.
    At some point you are able to beam down to planets or use your ship to move somewhere else. A reboot stopped this.
    No clue what causes it though.

3. TheOtherDrew

OK.... I figured it out.

I changed the seed in celestial.config for all the different sectors.
    I did that to try and stop people from looking up coords online and going to raid all the good stuff.

I reverted back to the original file and it works now.

4. NakashimaKun

NakashimaKun Pangalactic Porcupine

The original post does say its unstable. So maybe use trying to see if the console pumps out some code or comment on what happens in game as I just had an issue where I disconnected and it crashed my client. xD

5. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

When you do it that way, everyone in ur server needs the same seed. My server change up the generation of dungeons and encounters.

6. TheOtherDrew

OK thanks, I did not know that.

Also a Suggestion if you don't already do it this way.

7. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for this.. I have changed my starbound.config to 21020 and the starlight.config to 21025, it now runs 100% but when i connect i was connected for 1second and got kicked for "client-server no longer valid" and the server is still running.. and now everytime when i try connect it gives that error immediately.

8. NakashimaKun

Try stopping and re-running the server. See if it does it even after a full reset.

9. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Just done it, i get connected for 1 second i see my ship and get kicked again immediately.

10. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

that's normal. you're having the issue I am having now. the rest is up to opalium.

11. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Is the problem on my side or something todo with the server wrapper? Because i even tried just running the starbound_server.exe with default configs and i could not connect just with the ip anymore and it used to run 100% now i need to add the port each time i connect wich is annoying.

12. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Below is the server logs.. people connect but they disconnect straight after.

13. NakashimaKun

Yay I saw my name <3

14. Opalium

Opalium Pangalactic Porcupine

Okay, I'm going to try and fix those disconnects.
    Also, can you try disabling the log filters? Maybe Starbound is sending errors that get filtered out. Or you can look in Starbound.log in the root directory. Maybe there's an error there.

NakashimaKun likes this.
  15. NakashimaKun

good man.

16. Opalium

I'm going to need someone who's having this error to contact me in a PM. I want him to test a solution I tried.

17. NakashimaKun

Shirou is having that issue

I'm also having an issue of not being able to run the script more than one. Any time I do it loads the wrapper but kills 1 task to launch the second. :(

18. Opalium

I'll make a config setting for this.

@Shirou Can you tell me what is your MOTD? I think I have an idea.

19. NakashimaKun

If you could that would be great. Or if you could do the instance via command line that'd be great.

20. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

It's currently set as "Welcome to Starbound South Africa - www.starbound.co.za"