1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Project Starlight - Starbound Server Extension - Player Commands, Admins and more! - Open Source!

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Opalium, Dec 20, 2013.

1. NakashimaKun

NakashimaKun Pangalactic Porcupine

I know your quoting somebody else but I've put my gameport as 21020 and I'm still getting the same error.

2. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Yip, same here, i am glad i am not the only one.

3. TheOtherDrew

TheOtherDrew Big Damn Hero

I second this, and if you wanted to accept donations as a premium version I would be OK with that as well.
    Something that would allow Starlight to run in "invisible" mode.

4. NakashimaKun

Can't you make it so we can use custom connection ports as I did connect to 21025 and it worked normally but I host more than 1 server so I need it to work for more than 1. For example 21025 default 21028(My Priavte) 21035(Sold Server)

And people need to connect on the correct ports for it to work.

5. TheOtherDrew

Well right now Starlight is hard coded to listen for connections on the default port of 21025.
    Guess we will have to wait for both sides to be configured, so that people can switch ports that clients connect on and the port the server runs on.

6. NakashimaKun

Er you can change the ports. and to connect you just type <ip>:<port>

So example 192.168.0.50:21029 and that will connect you.

You do this under changing the game port.

7. Opalium

Opalium Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't worry, I got this. ;)

v0.2.2
    • You can now edit Starlight's listening port in the config.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqrxh8jweaj3l41/ProjectStarlight_0-2-2-beta.zip

Hope it helps.

8. NakashimaKun

So that allows me to run the starlight one say 21010 and starbound on 21028?
    Please say I understood that right.

9. Opalium

Yeah. You can change both ports now.
    The one you set in Starlight's config will be the one you need to connect to, and the one in Starbound.config will be the actual server port.

10. NakashimaKun

I'm testing this now buddy. :D

11. NakashimaKun

Opalium, I love you <3 It works however it requires 2 ports which for me isn't too hard as it'll auto setup :D So thank you very much if you need anybody to beta test I'm more than willing as you've just saved my bacon as my customers have been asking for something like that you are offering xD the pimped console. :)

12. Opalium

I'm glad it worked. :)
    Are you planning to sell servers running on Starlight?

13. NakashimaKun

14. NakashimaKun

well hopefully I'm hoping for more control over the player slots and ports first. As if people can just edit the configs it breaks everything however I'm temping to just give people access to the assets folders

15. Opalium

You can always tell me if you think there's a feature that should be added. I'll do my best to add what you guys need.
    However, you should remember that Starlight is not entirely stable yet, so your customers might suffer from random crashes/bugs. You should tell them that to avoid misunderstandings.

16. TheOtherDrew

Am I the only person who can not use the captains seat in my spaceship while running starlight?
    No one else crashes when they get into the seat?
    If I'm the only one then I need to do some figuring out.

17. NakashimaKun

Opalium I'm having this issue -
    [Starlight] ERROR: ERROR! Cannot transfer data to the Starbound server. (Has th
    e server fully loaded yet?)

18. NakashimaKun

The Captains seat works just fine. It could be your game (If Modded) not working correctly at a guess?

19. TheOtherDrew

You will get that error if the server is not fully loaded, it will give you a message.... "Now ready to play" or something like that.

OK thanks. I'll try to figure it out on my end.

20. NakashimaKun

Take a screenshot of the error you get as you should get an error.