1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

:: Project ARES :: Roleplaying Server ::

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Profound Madness, Apr 28, 2013.

?

Does this interest you in any way, shape or form?

1. Nnnyes quite.

48.1%
  2. A wee bit, lad.

33.3%
  3. Not at all.

8.8%
  4. Go die in a corner somewhere you useless piece of shit.

9.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-Bot 3000

M-Bot 3000 Zero Gravity Genie

Confirmation: interest has been piqued. Sensory equipment will be attuned to this channel.

2. ZephyrSpark

ZephyrSpark Big Damn Hero

Here is the Tetrahedron physics logo (IDF Subfaction)
    [​IMG]

3. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Looks awesome!

4. FireheadFTW

FireheadFTW Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. Casca

Casca Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm baaack

6. FireheadFTW

FireheadFTW Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7. Prongs12

Prongs12 Void-Bound Voyager

Bump. Looking over the server idea and I think this is something worth while. Need any help with anything? Building, Writing, Public Relations, etc?

8. zanthal

zanthal Existential Complex

I'm wondering how you intend to shape the lore ... is it going to be a complete re-write of the existing lore in the game, or will it just be additional content to the current theme.

Since I first read the description of Starbound in it's entirety, I figured that the game was being made with the intention of there being 'game masters' or 'insert your server in charge person title here' for the sake of a richer shared experience.

This is the kind of server where the game will really shine, as I see it.

9. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

We've been doing some writing and finding out how it works. The ARES storyline is going to be parallel to Starbound, so while we'll have similar locations / races / items and creatures and stuff like that, the story focus will be more on the three factions and the conflict between them.

10. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't forget the inevitable space pirates once ship-to-ship combat is implemented after release. :viking:

11. Prongs12

Prongs12 Void-Bound Voyager

Is this project still in the works or has it been abandoned? I looked at the forums and there hasn't been any posts since Julyish.

12. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Nope we're still here, just patiently waiting for the beta to arrive! Do you have any questions or comments? We also have an active Skype room with project ares players. Send a message to either zephyr or myself and we can get you set up. I'm usually pretty quiet myself but I frequent both the official chucklefish forums and our own server forums (though not as often admittedly.)

13. Captain Malcolm

Captain Malcolm Big Damn Hero

Hey all,
    Commander Donut here, I changed my name to Captain Malcolm, I Figured that I should tell you that I Changed my name
    Cant wait to play you guys

14. Gentleman

Gentleman Star Wrangler

Then dear tell me, what is the name of the person that I shall speak too join the group?
    Because I am interested to join!

15. Digs

Digs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16. ZephyrSpark

Thanks digs.

Ive been lax in posting due to the rushing of getting the other Icons done with the artist in time to beat the release of Starbound, which looms ever closer with every passing day.

Today I have to share the SEC Administration logo, Zenith Archives, and the IDF military logo(just inked, slight changes to the design may apply)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ZephyrSpark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.