Progress on Ships!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Wow that is looking awesome.. I can't wait for it! :DD

KevinFragger2427 likes this.
  2. Zurgh

Zurgh Void-Bound Voyager

Cool ship stuff, but I prefer the build your own ship mods, thank you. Will this eventual update, when implemented, be 'compatible' with the current ship mods? Will the DIY ship mods still work at any player progression level without harming progress, or will the mods only be a hindrance (or stop progression entirely) until a player reaches end game status?

3. Ravager

Ravager Title Not Found

Amazing designs! Though I am rather curious, what are the cannons for? Future events, like raids perhaps? Also, would the extra engines make it faster for you to travel between planets/ systems? That would be a nice knack to go with the upgrades, but just a suggestion.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok now guys this time let's be mature and not get this one news update locked. Just once try not to lock it. The past like 5 updates have all been locked.

5. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

I love this update so much! The only thing I think may be better is if the floran ship had more bones also added to it as it was upgraded. Perhaps the remains of the unfortunate souls they took the ship parts from? That's just my opinion, i love bone decor.

I'm very excited to see this, it makes me even more giddy to imagine the actual release of the game whenever the beta is done and everything's ready to play for real! The game is coming along quite nicely, keep up the good work!

AdenSword and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  6. caos

caos Void-Bound Voyager

I liked the previous Hylotl ship design far more, it was my favorite ;-;

KevinFragger2427 and ArcticMew like this.
  7. LostCraftGhost

LostCraftGhost Master Chief

No way, the new Hylotl ship is really neat- and it has no wall panels and lights right now, so I think it'll be easy to recreate the silk lantern/paper wall interior. The blue hull's spot on; I wasn't too fond of the dragons to be honest. Looked a tad bit overkill.
    Looking forward to giving that ship a spin! I initially thought "I am going to play each and every race, apart from the silly fish-things." Then I tried them, and their "cultural theme" sold them to me. :D

Regarding the "upgrade phases", it would be really great if at least some customization would be possible. If not actual different parts, then at least a paint job? THAT should be possible. And would rock.

Roequ and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  8. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

I liked the big red fish design better, this one just looks like a blue variant of an Apex or Human design.

caos likes this.
  9. zhuzhenyan

zhuzhenyan Master Chief

You what i think would be cool on ships, the chance that u get invaded by space pirates, or raided while traveling to another planet, and species ships dock next to urs and they get on ur ship. The turrets on that ship would help to, i mean i dont really like something to look cosmetic if it doesn't have a perpose, but ya. Space pirates that board and try to take ur stuff. If you die, ur ship goes to the nearest star system and lands, and maybe ur stuff gets stolen? ya, ur choice, just i think space pirates... Or maybe space wizard pirates with hi-tech equipment?

KevinFragger2427 and caos like this.
  10. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The fact that progress is being made towards ship upgrades is great.

I like Florans. I do not like the the layout and misplaced bones on the Floran ship presented to us. More creativity would be appreciated.

11. variablenonsense

variablenonsense Phantasmal Quasar

I really do not like the aesthetic ... style of the ship. Ugh. Salvaging parts, okay, whatever, but you shouldn't be able to just ... slap parts together. It should look like it was broken down and used to make something else. I really don't like the layout either - I hope these are modular somehow and not ALL SHIPS LOOK LIKE THIS. That would sort of be against the whole idea of the game wouldn't it?

And even so I still prefer my build-your-own-ship mods, even if they don't make as much sense building out in space. No offense, but if I'm going to be building a spaceship, I want to do it with multiple level rooms, a large hall if I want, tiny rooms, little turret rooms ... you get the idea. This is just so . . .

Boring, to me.

12. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

It has been said several times, but that avian part on the floran ship needs to be a little bit better than just a straight copy-paste, some additional scrap ontop on it and perhaps recoloring could help, but this looks really cheap as it is now.

Even though the previous hylotl ship had its charm, I like this one as well. Perhaps later all the designs would become available for people to switch/buy in-game? (at space stations and such)

13. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

I still think some moss would really look nice on the metal of the Floran's ship:
    [​IMG]

KevinFragger2427, sρooκs and Jonesy like this.
  14. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

hehe I was expecting you to MSPaint some moss on the screenshots

15. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

I still don't like the idea of magic staves.
    But who cares, yeah, I know.

16. AxelRantila

AxelRantila Big Damn Hero

Awesome! The floran ship looks amazsing

17. Lucario

Lucario Void-Bound Voyager

The size of the map that the ship is saved on is probly the same size I only see a problem if the whole thing is filled with chest and that would probly be when you go to open them.

18. Lucario

Lucario Void-Bound Voyager

It just hit me the spot where the telporter pad opens up to be a hole in the floor and they dont show the teleporter any where.

19. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the bits'n'pieces design. I just wish there was a bit more of the Avian design in the centerpieces of the bigger ships (there are only the grey/brown bits) and I'm seriously missing the blue of the hylotl ship! Florans love Hylotl! They're their favourite food! They should salvage their ships, too.
    I like the floran ship, but I think it would be better to design it after all the other races' ships are finished to incorporate all the colors and pattern of the other races for a real mix-and-match design.

20. Madzai

Madzai Phantasmal Quasar

So... ships upgrades... What will they bring to gameplay aside from additional space? I heard something about space combat, but i keep hearing about a lot of cool stuff, but nothing of it is implemented, yet. When will we get first real game mechanic upgrade and not something like: "Oh, this components isn't working, let's put a cap here for half a year." or meaningless (IMHO) aesthetics stuff?

Last edited: May 7, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.