Previous release date delays

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

Dude. If they post now it will be shitty. Seriously. Like imagine having GTA V a year early. Shitty. Let them take your time. You parents took their time trying to potty train you. They didn't put you on the toilet as soon as you were born "to look for bugs".

This. ^

2. Siloxis

Siloxis Big Damn Hero

ImmortalFrog likes this.
  3. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

A beta of a game is supposed to be released when the game is about finished and has been sent out for bug testing, but if you actually see their road map there are a lot of places they aren't quite happy with so they release a beta.So just keep calm and play LEGO Marvel for the time being. ;)

powergo and ImmortalFrog like this.
  4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Get off of your high horse

5. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

As long as the beta is ready this year I'll be happy... I understand that it's hard to make release estimates on a game like Starbound, or any game that aims high really, because when you aim high it tends to take a lot longer than expected. Although aiming high is a good thing, (not for the people with little patience and seeing delays all the time) but even so it's a good quality to have in the end as long as you don't give up. (Don't give up Tiy :p)

Let's be honest, no one wants Starbound to be a failure. Some people maybe do in spite or because of jealousy, but I believe most people want Starbound to be successful. Just don't give up on the game, give it all your love and it will shine as bright as a star on the sky. :coffee:

powergo and dollvader like this.
  6. Amber Talamasca

Amber Talamasca Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for keeping us informed Tiy!
    I'll be waiting semi-patiently!

7. dollvader

dollvader Void-Bound Voyager

It is extremely painful waiting for this game to come out. HOWEVER. I shall wait patiently... because this-- this wonderfully detailed and lovingly constructed beach sized sandbox of a game-- will be a joy that I will undoubtedly play for years to come.

That being said, take your time. I'd rather have a beautiful 5-tiered, made from scratch cake later than a dried out straight from the box cupcake now.

keenow and mromero182 like this.
  8. Zephiron

Zephiron Pangalactic Porcupine

Exactly what I was thinking about the Total War: Rome II Release one month ago...and my opinion still stands :/. Of course their constraints may not be the same as for Indie Dev (too much people & hierarchy, too heavy and unstable engine, etc) but still...

9. Affero

Affero Contributor

To me CaptainKamikaze was keeping it rather civil and just expressed his opinion in a civilized manner, which I respect.

"Get off of your high horse" can be seen as kind of aggressive, in my opinion.

10. kithsakhai

kithsakhai Big Damn Hero

good post.

also, "Call of Duty - we added giraffes edition", that's tame for what i'm expecting them to dish out in the coming years as they milk that cash cow so hard all the other cows nearby shrivel up and die along with it. (ie the MP FPS community finding the debased need to compare every FPS now to COD-crap, and developers giving in)

11. hirakhos

hirakhos Phantasmal Quasar

Tiyuri I will wait for you forever.
    In the end whats playing it now or playing it when it comes out, time is time, we'll find things to do.
    When it comes out it should be complete, and absolutely no sooner.
    People will always whine, but they'd sure whine a hell of a lot more if it came out and was buggy.
    Let them stew in impatience. (Impatience Stew goes super well with some Red and sour dough by the way).
    Waiting, Happily, until the exact second you're ready.

12. Seifer.BK

Seifer.BK Aquatic Astronaut

I agree with you 100%.

Colton and tab0reqq like this.
  13. ClockworkDreams

ClockworkDreams Big Damn Hero

1 2 1-2 3... Its confirmed!! Beta release is 12-13!!

14. TheShinigami

TheShinigami Aquatic Astronaut

Honestly, I enjoyed reading this post very much, so..

Where is Be-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-eta?:mad::p

15. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I remain patient until "Bug Learnings of Starbound Beta for Make Benefit Developer Chucklefish" drops and the competent players can begin recording bugs and reproduction steps for you guys. Fortunately there's been plenty of distractions in my personal life, so the wait recently has been pretty easy!

16. Sen-Mithrarin

Sen-Mithrarin Industrial Terraformer

Yes but then once the game is out you both can pay more then the pre-order price. If you're that upset just keep your pre-order and forget about Starbound for the time being. You'll get an e-mail when the game is ready to come out.

17. Paddon

Paddon Title Not Found

I agree. I've had this state of mind for quite a few months now

18. EmGeHo

EmGeHo Cosmic Narwhal

The ignorance is strong with this one. :yoda:

19. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Demanding an apology is not being civilized. It's being arrogant

20. Affero

Affero Contributor

But he wasn't, he was just expressing his opinion of the matter. "I do think you owe the people an apology" is nothing like "You need to apologize, nao!1#%".

Colton, Mopy, Katzeus and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.