1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Preorder Price Vote!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Irrelephant, Mar 26, 2013.

?

What is a fair preorder price?

1. 5.00 Dollar 3.89 Euro

24 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. 7.00 Dollar 5.44 Euro

12 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. 10.00 Dollar 7.78 Euro

171 vote(s)
    19.2%
  4. 12.00 Dollar 9.33 Euro

121 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. 15.00 Dollar 11.66 Euro

397 vote(s)
    44.5%
  6. 20.00 Dollar 15.55 Euro

125 vote(s)
    14.0%
  7. 35.00 Dollar 27.22 Euro

10 vote(s)
    1.1%
  8. 50.00 Dollar 38.88 Euro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 60.00 Dollar 46.66 Euro

23 vote(s)
    2.6%
  10. No preorder

9 vote(s)
    1.0%
  1. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Prison Architect is the only one I know of. I believe the developers stated that they priced it higher so they would get more dedicated testers than people who just want to play the game early.

2. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

It's really amazing how many people don't read Tiy's post about the preorder plan. Or repeat things said like 300+ times :D

I've never heard of one that isn't a kickstarter thing.

3. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Void-Bound Voyager

15 Starbound fun bucks sounds good enough to me.

4. Riggeot

Riggeot Space Hobo

I think that a base price of 15$ is good price point for the retail finished product. When they sell their beta preorder through steam, doing something along the lines of 15$ price point but have it be discounted 33% or 20% temporarily through a steam release sale. (This puts the price at initial release at 10$ or 12$, for a limited time, hopefully enticing some more people into purchasing who aren't sure but don't want to miss the sale) Definitely do a tiered structure with extra's to get some extra funding from the people that really really want to hand their money over. Me being one of them.

Comparitively - I just bought starforge on steam. I hardly heard of the game other than a trailer showing a 3d sandbox shooter with minecraft style building elements and promise of skill trees, leveling and quests. The fact that the game is half price if purchased now, while still in alpha, made me whip out my credit card immediately rather than wait for the finished product.

All that being said, I think that a 10$ sale price for pre-order with 2-3 kickstarter style tiers would be my vote.

5. Irrelephant

I wonder if Tiyuri will look at this :(
    There's like 700 votes

6. Accurs3D

Accurs3D Void-Bound Voyager

$15 is pretty much the sweet spot, especially if that turns out to be the normal price.

7. whatsup747

whatsup747 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

$15 is a fair price and the devs will get tonnes of money since (Saying that every forum member will pre-order) 15 x members = a Sh*t load of cash!

8. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd would say 15 would be great. Although an option to include some merch for a total of 30 would be appreciated as well.

whatsup747 likes this.
  9. Katorone

Katorone Giant Laser Beams

Yes, those other companies, like: EA, Bioware, Bethesda, NCsoft...
    Of course, they hide this fact by giving you some extra goodies that are basically useless.

I did read it... If anything, my statement was positive. Not really sure what the problem here is.

Luna likes this.
  10. Iznano4nik

Iznano4nik Big Damn Hero

299рублей

11. Softenik

Softenik Pangalactic Porcupine

10$ would be perfect.

12. Zellman

Zellman Existential Complex

HA! that is a great reason. I would never have thought of that. It is quite a "Take that, Fry" move.

Oh, ok, So you're talking about the big game industry not other indie devs. Sorry, yeah, I was confused for a little while. Those companies also charge $60+ for a single game and bog them down with crappy-laggy DRM. NOPE, I'm sticking with good old Indie games.

Irrelephant and Luna like this.
  13. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

For those who don't know the conversion rate, that's just under $10.

14. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

Russian soup?

Luna likes this.
  15. Nate the Great

Nate the Great Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I voted 10$, but that's my cheap ass talking. 15-20$ seems like a more reasonable amount.

16. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Borscht!

blind sniper likes this.
  17. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

If Tiy was a savvy businessman the pre-launch version would cost $59.99. After a couple of months one could buy the 'gold' edition for 39.99.
    A couple of months later you could purchase the 'Standard' version for 14.99. After 10 months-to-a-year Steam sales would be 66% off the 14.99 price but the advertising would be for the 'Collector's Edition' for 34.99...
    lol

Katorone and Luna like this.
  18. Irrelephant

LOL! Sounds like EA. Oh wait, they decided to do their own failed game store.

19. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Really.
    I guess I never looked at it for some reason.

20. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

I think 25-20$ sounds about right, this is why I love indie games. The developer actually cares what the community thinks.:)

Irrelephant likes this.