1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Post here if you are an XP user crashing at Chucklefish logo.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Suhr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeddyGrams

TeddyGrams Tentacle Wrangler

so i take this as progress, do the devs know about these errors yet and that we still cant access the game?

2. AeonsAlex

AeonsAlex Phantasmal Quasar

Played a bit (Using the affinity thing) and was chopping trees before I crashed out of nowhere. Still, it was a fun hour or so :) Hope it gets fixed by tomorrow, but I'm in no rush, since I've had my Starbound feel now. Though I do want to play more.. :D

EDIT: Also, https://twitter.com/bartwerf/status/408986576694169601

3. Cyriel

Cyriel Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah. The XP players have been waiting since launch for a fix but bartwe is on the case. He's down like a clown, charlie brown.

Just wait for today's update to see if anything changes. At this point, going from a freeze with 0 information to a crash with lots of information is nothing but good.

4. Wrath42k

Wrath42k Void-Bound Voyager

Well atleast i got to create my character :D. Oh the joys of beta testing. Seems like they really are getting close to snipping this problem.

5. Dafelleant

Dafelleant Void-Bound Voyager

I ran the game twice with CPU 0. Between those attempts appear but it is certainly a lot of mistakes, I was able to run the game twice. Going to try for a third time.

6. PyroFire

PyroFire Star Wrangler

i also get this.

sometimes it randomly crashes with those access violation errors too, but it restarts just fine.

7. kuropentacle

kuropentacle Orbital Explorer

I have the violation error and the two others too but it's alway just after Chucklefish logo. I think the game don't work if I don't ouch the error messages...

8. Nargacuga

Nargacuga Aquatic Astronaut

I've already posted on the game crashes topic, however i do have Windows XP SP3 as well, and it always crashes.

i have:
    Pentium 4 3.6 GHz
    AMD Radeon HD5670
    3 GB RAM

and well, this is all you need to know, i think.

9. ooveNoIVIooJR

ooveNoIVIooJR Space Hobo

Do you have anything in common with your crashes? Also, trying to start the game in fullscreen (1440x900) with a character crashes the game for me.
    I guess I'll just wait till they have a fix for XP, because now I feel satisfied that they are working on it.

10. Fizzy Amp

Fizzy Amp Void-Bound Voyager

Any updates?

11. Asferot

Asferot Void-Bound Voyager

Not yet. Im guessing Bartwe is working like a crazy horse right now.

12. AeonsAlex

13. Asferot

14. AeonsAlex

I'm no genius when it comes to any of this, but this means it could take a while for an update, right?

15. Avarice

Avarice Void-Bound Voyager

16. KrazziGlu

KrazziGlu Void-Bound Voyager

YAY! Got past the first screen when loading Starbound!.... and error..

"Access violation detected at 0x77c33509 (read of address 0)"

GAHHHHH!!!!! Upon clicking OK I receive this

"Stack Trace...
    007D25B0 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarSignalHandler_windows.cpp:16)
    77C33509
    77C33C1B
    77C33C60
    00B6193F
    7C90EE18"

And another error.. -.-

"Runtime Error!

Program: ...les\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

.... and another error noise.. except this time the computer froze.. lovely..

at least im not the only one.. but it wasnt until today that i got this far.. how many updates have we gone through so far?

as for my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6150LE
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0
    Memory: 1982MB RAM

im a bit behind, but i can run many similar games smoothly..

17. AeonsAlex

18. Wrath42k

Wrath42k Void-Bound Voyager

Well this is frustrating . . .

19. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I don't think it's appropriate for him to be tweeting these vague posts without going into detail what that means. Does this mean that they had no idea XP wouldn't work well and we're boned? When I see him say things like that on his twitter with absolutely nothing else explaining it, it makes me think I'm going to have to go buy Win 7 just to play a game.

Pingeh likes this.
  20. Asferot

But he is tweeting the progress. Besides he seems to be not 100% sure about stuff himself.

So what do you prefer.
    A dev that works like horse in all directions and finds an answer to fix the bug.
    Or a dev that says "tough luck get win8.1 you all"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.