1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Post here if you are an XP user crashing at Chucklefish logo.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Suhr, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corpsie

Corpsie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same here- one step forward, but unlike pre-patch, the server is also reporting the access violation:

It's certainly showing new and interesting behaviour, so I'd call this a new bug,

2. Scootaloo7896

Scootaloo7896 Space Spelunker

Seriously??!! Getting the same errors now at second startup -.-' Well, that means I have to wait again, I guess... At least I saw the Avian Ship...
    I hope we can play soon. I want to see more :D

3. Jeed

Jeed Space Spelunker

The error seems to be some kind of missing reference. Seems like it might be a file damaged in the update or something. It mentions the config file but I can't find anything there that looks anything like the rest of the error. Going to delete and redownload Starbound in case that is it. I can't find any Starbound files anywhere else (my documents, my profile's appdata, all users appdata, program files) so I assume it's all in the Steam folder.

4. qazqazqaz

qazqazqaz Master Chief

Sometimes I get through chucklefish to the loading screen, even though the error pops up.

5. Jeed

Jeed Space Spelunker

For me, if I just ignore the error message, the chucklefish splash always proceeds to the loading screen. The taskmanager says the window is loading something, but I have waited 15 minutes and then restarted Starbound a couple dozen times so I don't think it's going anywhere even though it's trying to load.

6. Corpsie

I've started a new thread with my findings on the Access violation thingy. I'd suggest using pastebin (http://pastebin.com/) to display the logs and link to that from your post.

Now I'm going to do a fresh install, get coffee and see what happens.

7. crazycrash

crazycrash Space Hobo

I got a error message(picture) during the logoanimation plays too, after confirm the game freeze.

Attached Files:

8. Wicce13

Wicce13 Poptop Tamer

Was happy to see an update, downloaded and started. Went past the logo(which gave me hope) but now gives access violation errors on the loading screen :/

9. Xenoprophet_Nail

Xenoprophet_Nail Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just hope this new access violation bug is from a typo.. Lol I think the dev team is amazing for all they've done for us Xp users, But having said that i'm not going to rush anything. (learned the hard way that's bad) I did notice a loss of 2 errors after repairing visual C++ 2012's install.. So now I only get the first error and it's stack trace. that's enough for me seeing as it's 5am.. My hat's off to the turnaround time of you magnificent developers, especially Bartwe for really tearing at the Xp issues hopefully it'll be playable by more Xp users by the next update (myself included -.-) I really do thank all of you for working so hard.. just do one thing for me: Don't work too hard k? I'd hate to see y'all burn out... I'm crawling into my pod, night!

10. Wicce13

Wicce13 Poptop Tamer

Stack Trace shows C:/starbound/source/core/StarSignalHandler_windows.ccp:16 <-- Is this in the c:/pagefile??? I have installed my steamgames on d:/... dont find anything starbound like on c

11. MrSuule

MrSuule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welp... still crashes but at least now it shows an access violation and stack trace:

Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Irritated Koala' '616' '418'
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: OpenGL version: '4.3.0' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2' shader: '4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Created initial window 1000x600
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x77c2330c (Read of address 0)
    Error: Stack Trace...
    007D01D0
    77C2330C
    77C2356A
    77C23BF5
    77C23C94
    00B5E1AA
    7C90E920

Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: OpenGL version: '4.3.0' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2' shader: '4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Re-created window 1280x938
    Warn: Slow asset 0.059 : /sfx/cinematics/man_laugh.ogg

12. Corpsie

You'll want to put that in the XP stack trace thread I started (http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/bug-report-access-violation-on-win-xp.38146/). It looks pretty damn similar to what I'm experiencing and the easier we make it for the devs to find the information and get as many data points as possible, the faster this can be solved. (also, the easier we make it for other people to see that the problem is recorded and reported, the fewer threads we'll get asking the same question)

13. S. P. Gardebiter

S. P. Gardebiter Master Chief

Same error as anybody else has here:

Code:
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x77c03509 (Read of address 0)
    Error: Stack Trace...
      007D01D0
      77C03509
      77C03BF5
      77C03C94
      00B5E1AA
      7C91E920
    Atleast it creates a config file now. :3

14. Looka

Looka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok, now I'm angry.
    2nd upgrade (irritated koala) downloaded and installed, now it freezes in a different way: instead of showing me the Chucklefish logo, a bunch of error messages shows up and the game freezes in different points... actually once I saw the chuclefish logo disappear completely and a "LOADING" replaced it (in that moment I hoped that I could finally play the damn game but an error message crushed my dreams).

15. AeonsAlex

AeonsAlex Phantasmal Quasar

Try doing this, guys? I'll do it myself when school is over.

16. Simi

Simi Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

well...

17. lecrop

lecrop Space Hobo

Same problem here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Fizzy Amp

Fizzy Amp Void-Bound Voyager

We aware of this issue already, Bert (a developer) will working asap now. Stay tight on people, let him take some time.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. LEYERSON

LEYERSON Space Hobo

Same problem as you all :(

20. AeonsAlex

AeonsAlex Phantasmal Quasar

He was working on an issue before this, the one where you froze on the logo. This issue was caused after the update that would hopefully fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.