1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pony Race

Discussion in 'Races' started by Chandrak, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Kruger287

Kruger287 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just wish i could choose my ship i quite like the bland human ones

2. mvhnexus

mvhnexus Pangalactic Porcupine

you can, just change some things around in the player folder.

3. Kruger287

If i could get a how to that would be wonderous as im bad with that sttuff :(

4. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

http://puu.sh/5JUx0.rar

Replace the folder in your ships folder with that, it should change it to the human ship. You'd have to make a new character though.

Kruger287 likes this.
  5. Kruger287

Does this mod still work with the current version

6. mvhnexus

i know when i installed the mod it doesnt load and gives me error

EDIT: i mean it loads and lets me make the character but when trying to load the character i get a error

7. My little pony mod? Damn that was fast.

8. mvhnexus

i know right, when my niece seen this she flipped. i am trying to download the mod for her to play as one tomorrow.

9. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

Finally back from my long sleep :p Going through the thread now, so long post!

I'll also be checking for compatibility with the new update shortly, and will be terribly selfish and play some of the game for an hour ot two before I get back to work on modding. (For uh.... 'testing purposes'. . . yeah!) :p But no worries, given what I'm seeing of new posts here, should be a new update to the mod itself (that is, adding more stuff in, not just checking compatibility) later this morning. :)

I actually agree with you - I initially tried to use the actual coat color values listed on a few of the various palette guides for fanart, but for some reason in starbound it looks REALLY awful. Now that the initial release is out for people to take a look at, I'd actually appreciate it if someone could give me a hand with finding color values that actually work. The actual traditional hexcode for their fill and line colors just doesnt work with this game - they look really washed out and wierd. I think its because starbound has a number of passive lighting effects that alter base colors slightly.

Agreed as well - I simply havent changed those yet. Theres actually some other ones I want to mess with as well, like the blinking animation doesnt look right either. Those two items along with coat colors will be the primary focus of the next phase of the mod, actually.

This would be very helpful to include :) I actually had one that a friend sort of threw together, but for some reason it didnt work and defaulted into Kawa's one for the felins. Not sure why, to be honest, but I'll throw that one in and see if I can get it to work!

Yuni likes this.
  10. Chandrak

You may have installed something wrong, maybe. It seems to work just fine for me. That is, I grabbed the update, launched the game, and successfully got into my character in single player just fine.

Anyone else having trouble?

11. mvhnexus

ill try again, just deleted and reinstalled Starbound.

12. Chandrak

Might not be a bad idea. I'm actually doing the same right now to make sure there isnt any changes in the altered files (basically, deleting all the files the mod uses, verify steam cache so it redownloads just those files with the new patch, and then check thier code with my files from the mod to see if theres any differences).

Edit: Ah! There WAS a change - player.config was redownloaded, removing the species tags.

13. mvhnexus

yeah theres a new version called Indignant Koala and in the readme it said its Annoyed Koala which is the old patch. so it might not work. but i can still try.

14. Chandrak

I'll be uploading an updated version in just a second (check back here for an edit once its done). Player.config changed with the new patch, adding in a bunch of the new recipes.

As such, I'd recommend people make new characters if the new patch recipes aren't there. Just plonk your stuff down in a chest on a planet you know how to get to first ;P

Edit: Done! Player.config updated with new patch changes.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    mvhnexus likes this.
  15. mvhnexus

nice! i will download it when its updated then.

16. Chandrak

It is :)

Edit: Bah, something's definitely up with Creeperhosts' server update system. It always seems to require me to manually wipe everything and then reinstall from scratch, cause otherwise it says that the server is still outdated (regardless of modding or not) :facepalm: No idea whats wrong - the log is saying !Oh I'm running Frustrated Koala, (version Irritated Koala Number)!"

I may just take it down for a bit and pester creeperhost to update their system, lol. If its not around, sorry ahead of time.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Kruger287 and mvhnexus like this.
  17. Kruger287

I cant wait for it to be updated :D

18. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

is pure/snow white going to be a color available? I ask because my pony self's color scheme is the same as my fursona.

19. Chandrak

If you mean the mod, it already is :p

If you mean the server, probably not til tomorrow, which means theres probably gonna be another patch which means itll still be out of date, lol. Since I've only had a 2 requests for the IP so far though (compared to 100 downloads of the mod!) , I may just not worry about it for now until my provider can figure out a system that will handle starbounds frequent updates.

20. Chandrak

Well, the sort of off-white thats there now looks a LOT better than FFFFFF. I tried actual pony coat #s, and it looked really wierd. But Veav is helping out by trying to find some that look right and work well within starbound; there may be an update early morning to add that in, we'll see how it goes.