1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pony Race

Discussion in 'Races' started by Chandrak, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Heliostorm

Heliostorm Phantasmal Quasar

Dialogue is implemented in the NPC files, there's a simple format to add responses per race. But that means having to rewrite NPC files if you want custom dialogue options for your race.

2. Spike

Spike Supernova

Why is spike always ignored? Heh.

3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Just going to say 2 things.

1. There will be no Pony Bashing here. I don't care if you don't like MLP, I will not tolerate anyone flaming others simply because they like something and want to mod it into the game.

2. While I'm not a fan at all of MLP I have to admit... this mod actually looks pretty damn good. I'm impressed!

Chandrak, Yuni, Jonesy and 3 others like this.
  4. Razorleaf

Razorleaf Phantasmal Quasar

it does indeed!

5. Delruul

Delruul Seal Broken

Hahaha so cool. I think the more playable races the better! As there is endless amounts of stars there should be a large amount of intelligent life forms.

6. Nyss

Nyss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*peeks in*
    Yeah, I'm completely unsurprised by this. Nice work. Needs a better ship though.
    *wanders off*

7. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Aww. What would you suggest for a ship? I'm open to suggestions, if it improves the mod significantly.

Yuni likes this.
  8. Heliostorm

Heliostorm Phantasmal Quasar

Something Canterlot-style that would be instantly recognizable would be nice. The current one is rather generic.

Heartstrings likes this.
  9. Snowfyre

Snowfyre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the ship is too crystalline in shape and doesn't seem to have any sort of order to it. if it had to be a pony ship i would associate it more with crystal ponies rather than equestrian ponies, i would think that gold or white metal, with gemstones at various areas, its hard for me to describe but ill see if i can draw up a concept once i get back from college at the earliest, latest tomorrow morning, just hope the drawing itself doesn't look horrible : /

most of the design im thinking of is more or less based off of the few futuristic fanfics I've read and most of them use a crystal or gem based tech like the avian do

Heartstrings likes this.
  10. Razorleaf

Suggestion for the ship if you redesign it:

[​IMG]

Yuni and Heartstrings like this.
  11. Heartstrings

I suppose you're right. I like your idea, it reminds me of the Protoss from Starcraft. I'll redesign the ship tonight and see how it turns out.

Yuni likes this.
  12. Razorleaf

I love how you hide behind 'Anonymous' while doing senseless bashing of what's actually a good show. I like the show because it's well written (most of the time anyway) and is a nice change from most of the idiotic cartoons now that just make no sense and are only there to keep kids occupied so parents can do important stuff without wondering if Bobby is gonna stick his fingers in an electrical outlet. Is the show for everyone? No. Some people just NEED their blood, guts and gore.

Also, for the record, Lauren Faust, who made Friendship is Magic, designed the show to target little kids and their parents. Do you REALLY think they'd put in references to The Great Lebowski and classic Indiana Jones in otherwise?

indiana do.png ngbbs4ebecab07ce37.jpg

Don't be a jerk. I won't tell you what to watch if you don't tell me what NOT to watch.

Sparksol, Yuni and Heartstrings like this.
  13. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

I quite agree. I love modding in new character creation stuff into games, and will likely end up making several races of my own to release in a big pack, eventually. Though one race at a time, haha.

Edit: Also, I'm find with ship redesigns if Heartstrings wants to change it, :) I quite like the current one, but I'm dont actually watch the show myself, so rely on other people's expertise in helping out.

14. Chandrak

Oh also - expect a download sometime late tonight! I finally got explicit permission from Dshou that its fine to distrubute (as I've been using his sprite work as a baseline, modifying them to work with starbound and editing them somewhere), and he gave me a link to a big file with lots of his work so I've got enough stuff to make tons of mane/tail styles and colors and stuff, so I should be able to do the male sprites now!

15. Razorleaf

ah Dshou! I have them on skype and chat with them every now and then :3 excited about the download :D

Yuni likes this.
  16. Heartstrings

I can't redesign the ship for two more hours, but then I'll get right to it. It's going to have roughly the same color scheme of Canterlot with a design not unlike that of the Protoss.

Yuni likes this.
  17. Yuni

Yuni Phantasmal Quasar

PONIES! :love: *composes self* Ah-hem. I was hoping for something like this. I saw someone brony-bashing somewhere else on the forum and immediately said "Someone has to have already have made a pony mod." And lo and behold. Keep up the good work, Sir, I shall install this the moment I can. ^_^ Can't wait, I love custom race mods!

... not that I've installed a race mod yet. If you keep this updated I'mma be happy to donate... were there a donate button. And yes I already donated to starbound first, I had a hefty tier for the pre-order!

Edit: If possible, might I suggest Cutie Mark as a character-customization option? I've not made a custom race myself, but... throwing that out there, for the heck of it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
    Heartstrings likes this.
  18. ColgateGamer

ColgateGamer Void-Bound Voyager

I have to say, even though this was inevitable, you did a good job at actually creating this!
    Kutos! :3

Yuni likes this.
  19. Chandrak

I actually thought about it, but basically, you'd never see it unless you were naked all the time.

I might stil add it though; Ive got 1 race option still unsued, and I think you might actually be able to add extras, though I havent tried. I want to add wings and horns (and Dragonisser suggested making the ears seperate so we could try and make them stick out through helmets). So theres a few options on the table. Who knows, I might end up trying to make cutie marks, though theyre lower priority since they would rarely ever be seen.

Not to mention that the body has only like 4 pixels on the rump, so to speak. Hard to actually see any kind of detail with only 4 pixels :p Though I suppose one could place like 1-2 colored pixels in the right place, haha.

Heartstrings and Yuni like this.
  20. Yuni

Yuni Phantasmal Quasar

True, I hadn't really thought about it much, it was a reflex related to the show. Wings/horns would be neat!

Now. ^_^ I cannot -wait- to play the heck out o-... I mean playtest this for you. <3 I've been hoping for a good race mod to toy with, and my MLP fan status would make this work wonderfully! How goes the mod?

Also! Given each race has unique clothing options, and some avian clothes already expose the posterior (or what this game has of it), cutie marks -could- be frequently visible, depending on armor choicse for the race. Or just... don't put it on the rump. It's not already perfectly show accurate.

Still, wings and horns differentiate between earth ponies, unicorns, pegasi, and alicorns... so they're more important.