Poll of who would you like to marry of these unmarriable characters!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ValleyBoi, Jun 24, 2017.

?

Who is it?

1. Caroline

18.2%
  2. Clint

12.1%
  3. Demetrius

9.1%
  4. Dwarf

15.2%
  5. Evelyn

3.0%
  6. George

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gus

6.1%
  8. Jodi

12.1%
  9. Kent

6.1%
  10. Krobus

18.2%
  1. ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

I made this for love-maniacs!

Dwarfus and Marco93 like this.
    • Marco93

Marco93 Star Wrangler

Caroline, basically because she's the only one with green hair, but also it would be funny to marry the dwarf.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Oh gosh. I have to pick just one? Okay, the Dwarf it is, then. I see someone else picked Krobus for me though, so I don't feel too guilty about not picking him. Besides Krobus, I feel like we know the least about the Dwarf. I desperately want more canon content for the both of them, and it would be great if we could marry them. I want to know so much. For example, there's no way the Dwarf's name really is just 'Dwarf.' Is the Dwarf male, female, or maybe neither? They're the only character in the game without a confirmed gender, I think. Nobody even uses pronouns in reference to them. And what all happened with the Dwarf's family? We know they were killed by Shadow People, but are there other details? Also, just imagine having some human-Dwarf babies, and human-Shadow babies. As weird as that sounds, it would still be amazing.

Again, totally would've voted for Krobus as well if I could.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Before I choose, would those on this list that are already married have a story to explain how they came to be with your farmer instead of their ex-wife? Like, I'd go for Kent maybe but I'm not about to break up a marriage for it. >.>

ChaosAzeroth and Seismothesaurus like this.
          • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Of those, definitely Demetrius. Always liked him, he seems like a nice guy and can't go wrong with science :D

But yeah, I wouldn't break his marriage to Robin to marry him.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You missed a few people. Like Marnie or Lewis or the Wizard.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

There wasn't a single unmarried female on that list. Since rumors say that the dwarf might be female, she was the obvious choice.
                Although I would consider marrying off Clint a worthy goal for a DLC or patch sidequest.

• ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

No i didnt.The poll dont let me use so many answers, this was max.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

I know the rumor you're talking about because I'm pretty sure that I'm largely responsible for it. :catlol: Basically a while back I posted this screenshot in several places and asked people what they thought about it. It was of part of the fortune Welwick gave me at the fair where she seemed to refer to the Dwarf as female. What she said was: "Ahh... Indeed. I see you in a room, having a conversation with a lady... Oh! It's Dwarf. You seem to be good friends."

A few possibilities were brought up in the threads. One was that the line was intentionally added into the latest patch at the time, since this line has never been seen before then. Another was that it could be a coding issue as a result of the Dwarf's gender being listed as "undefined" in the code. I decided to ask CA about it on twitter and got a "!!" followed by a "no comment" in response. As such, I took down all the threads I made to avoid the possibility of potentially spreading misinformation on the subject. It's a miracle that I was able to get the screenshot to stop appearing in Google search results. I'm really hoping that the "no comment" means that we might find out in the future.

And honestly, I greatly support the idea of female Dwarf. I think it would be great!

Seismothesaurus and Marco93 like this.
                    • DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No Robin...?

Of all of them, I'd honestly go for Krobus. Krobus seems very sweet, I'd love to court them.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I wasn't sure if it was you from whom I heard it first. Good to know. But why did you take down your threads with your findings? As I see it, if it was just a mistake on CA's part during the patch, he could've just told you. A "no comment" reply sounds to me like you are onto the right path.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

I think that particular Welwick Oracle picks a gender opposite to the one you are playing, then picks a random person whom you have hearts with that isn't the opposite gender. Since I think Dwarf is genderless in the code, that can come up either way.

I had to pick Caroline. Yea, I'm a horrible person for trying to break up a relationship, but considering that particular relationship has been on the rocks for quite some time, I'm honestly doing them both a favor. Now Pierre can focus on his business properly, and Caroline can have someone who appreciates her. However, I will insist on no more visits to the Wizard. But hey, a farmer should be able to keep her happy, right?

Also, no Robin? For shame.

• Dwarfus

Dwarfus Big Damn Hero

Just didn't want to be spreading information that may or may not be true is all. :catnod:

Also, I remember some folks talking about an old poll CA held about who people wanted to marry. This was even before the official poll where it was decided that Shane and Emily would become marriage candidates. Krobus and the Dwarf ranked dead last. Married characters had more votes than them! Is that not the saddest thing? :nurusad:

I will confirm that the character I was playing at the time the screenshot was taken was female, so I don't think the opposite gender thing is the case.

• JB_Markowicz

JB_Markowicz Void-Bound Voyager

No pierre? :[

• lilly_ampleton

lilly_ampleton Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea, it is however a shame that the poll didn't let you implement more choices. Here is who I would like to marry...but not in the same playthrough.

1. Gunther
                                2. Clint
                                3. Morris
                                4. Kent
                                5. Wizard

I have always prefered the less popular characters and I would love to see Morris as more than a Joja-jerk.

• ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

If krobus and our farmer had a baby im sure it will be danny phantom.

• Kahn Piura

Kahn Piura Space Spelunker

Robin. don't know why she isn't listed.

• Venatio777

Venatio777 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Definitely Sandy, even if she would be a late game spouse for many.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Sandy would be my first choice if we were asked to pick two more marriage candidates. Clint would be the other one.

lilly_ampleton likes this.
                                        • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Only people I'd be willing to is Sandy and Clint...but there's better choices that are already marriage candidates...

IceDucks93 and lilly_ampleton like this.