1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Please please PLEASE let us rebind keys.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by HellFireSoul, Dec 5, 2013.

1. HellFireSoul

HellFireSoul Big Damn Hero

I'm actually kind of surprised there's no option to change keybinds. I mean most of them are ok but god damn is I=inventory the worst idea ever. I'm sorry but having having to press a key that is that far away from WASD for something you are going to use commonly is extremely retarded.

2. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

Why are you berating a choice for a key? Would you rather the inventory key be R instead, where it absolutely makes no sense and nobody knows what it is?

Don't call something you don't like retarded or the worst idea ever. It is extremely childish.

However, I do support the idea. I actually think the game needs a lot more options for, well... the Options.

3. HellFireSoul

HellFireSoul Big Damn Hero

I already said why I is a terrible choice for inventory. Because it is far away from WASD. Making you move your hand all the way to the other side of the keyboard to access the inventory IS a terrible idea.

4. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

It doesn't take that much energy to move your hand across the keyboard... Anyway, I don't want this ending up in an argument so I refuse to post here anymore unless it is about how I support the idea of rebinding keys.

5. Flipdeezy

Flipdeezy Poptop Tamer

+1 key rebinding. Imagine this is just beta stuff

6. Zoss

Zoss Orbital Explorer

+1. Key re-binding and customization is commonplace and elementary. Needs to be here. Annoying that I must take my hand off the mouse or move my left hand all the way to the I key.

7. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

Tab would be much better choice, "I" doesn't make any sense at all.

8. Stealtzkin

Stealtzkin Yeah, You!

I swap my mouse and keyboard hand, so the WASD set up makes other keys really difficult to use. Adding it to the options menu would be nice, but I'm okay with editing the config file to get what I need too, if it comes down to that!

9. MrPinkles

MrPinkles Space Hobo

I'm sure they will add keybinds later.

for now i just use Auto Hotkey. took me about 2 minutes to bind the keys how i like them.

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/misc/Remap.htm

using #IfWinActive and it only goes into effect when i have the starbound window in focus.

Stealtzkin and PSS like this.
  10. Sme4gle

Sme4gle Pangalactic Porcupine

Good point, I think its pretty weird to use CTRL for running.. and Shift for slow walking that should be the opposite xD

-----
    http://starboundserverlist.net