1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Other Please, I need support

Discussion in 'Art' started by PinkieCube, Feb 20, 2017.

1. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

Hi,

I have started a thread about my art work very long time ago and I tried to draw many times.
    But it doesn't work, I don't know if it is because of my mind, it's 'cause of the manual and instructions which are too complicated, if it is 'cause of my perspective or it has any other reasons.
    At this moment I am frustrated and feel me so powerless that I can't change my situation.
    My opinon was that I don't get problems because I have the answer in hands.
    But I have many different descriptions how I should start to draw, what it makes me unsure and also I began often with the head but if the head have drawn then I get the first massive problems with the body 'cause the head doesn't match to the body.

For this problems I am ready to look for art teacher who lead me righly and he/she teaches a clear handle for a usual art work.
    Because I have so many descriptions and tips that I can't find the common path of art process.
    Out of many talks get the experience that you imagine your motive before you draw it. Is this right?
    If is right, then I would try to imagine the motive what I draw it.
    I watch often the picture and photos from the internet and then I try to draw it. But how I have called the problem that it doesn't match the head to the body.

The Ponit of my problem is that I want draw a female people and most I draw the head pretty 'cause I have collected many informations and if start with the body is missing the inconstrutions and informations for the upper body and lower body, how wide and long are the part of body.
    Of course I have enought informations but this is the problem, I am unsure what is right and what is wrong. Can you understand my problem? To differentiate what important and what insignificant information is the next problem.

The third problems is how I draw female legs? I come seldom or never to this point because I have the other two big problems which are unsolved. Can someone help and support me? I don't know how I can help me? Please do it for my art thread and your interest to request.

Edit:
    My cousin said me that you start with the easy thing and go to the difficult thing in your subject.
    I don't know if she has right. Only you can say how you would draw a female people.

For me is important that my handle of art process isn't for the trash and I have an contact person for my problems.
    The informations and tutorial don't help me because I get the informations which they collide with the informations who I have already. I think it would be more helpful if you organize the information who I or you have than over and over with tutorials watch and manual read which show the same information.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

PinkieCube likes this.
  3. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

Thx
    but if I want to understand it then I should translate in german.

Edit: I know, problems over problems but this is life. Life is life.

4. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Well, first of all you need to enjoy what you're doing, otherwise it just won't work, what make each art unique is it's little flaws, like a diamond. Most artists style are defined by their limitations, my advice would be, forget everything you know, you challice is full already, empty it and try again, draw pleasant things for you, in pleasant ways, if you enjoy drawing food with smily faces go on, if you enjoy make intricating lines and symbols, go on. Progression in art is slow as you do what you like, check for example my old art thread here, you'll see how much it changed, because i was having fun trying to comeup with different things little by little.

Just draw, pick a nice pen or pencil, grav a paper and start doodling, don't expect much from it, just play with it. We're talking about putting fellings and thoughts on the paper, not about perfoming a step by step task you see? the fun part about this area of knowledge is that you're free to do your own way. I know it might sound naive and cheesy but it's really that, just enjoy what you're doing, and you'll eventually find other people that will also do enjoy your stuff.

Hel, Lodish and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  5. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

I enjoy only it if I don't draw for the trash.
    And fun is a emotion and not a tool. Why call artWORK it and not artFUN? Because it is work and every work need tools.

6. Nibolas O Anelbozas

You can fish for fun and fish for a living you see. at the end of the day, it's the same principle, the difference is that when you're doing it for fun it's not a burden that you need to carry on your back. If you want to get into drawing professionally then it's a different story. But hey, it's like a muscle, you need to draw, and draw and draw again, no one borns knowing how to draw. and starting with enjoyable things is a good kickstart for training.

Hel, Lodish and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  7. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

This is right and I don't doubt it
    but it isn't in my ideal how I want have it.
    My Ideal is to draw realistic or like form a manga.
    Is this too high ideal?

8. Nibolas O Anelbozas

No it's not! it's good to have goals. it's just that you have to be kind to yourself, and know how to forgive yourself when you mess up something. Everyone who draws can be harsh on themselves, for example. I remember one time that i got ultra excited to be the best, and i started failing because it's what happens when you train something, and got so sad that i stopped drawing for months. and when i look into some old drawings of mine, i see things i like, they're not generally good as the ones i do today, but they had interesing things that today i can appreciate, so what it means? means that i was being too harsh on myself back then.

Don't be afraid to copy other people drawings (when training only, stealing people's work is wrong u_u ) to learn why they do the eye the way they do. it's kinda boring that the only way to improve is doing and doing and failing, but really, ask any artist, they'll tell you "just practice" because it works. If you're willing to get an art teacher, that's good. I'll always incentive you to try to improve your skills, just don't hurt yourself while doing it, and don't think less of yourself because of it; Remember that we're all humans and we need to eat, to sleep and we sometimes make mistakes, there's always a chance.

Share your work with other people, they'll give you nice hints on things you probably didn't noticed. I remeber one time when i was drawing something and it kept looking odd and i didn't knew why, so I showed to a dear friend and she said "Oh you're doing the hair on the same level as the skull, you should make it pop higher" and that was a mini mindblow, because I knew that, but for some reason i was doing it wrong anyway.

9. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Look, we all have our difficulties, I understand the problem with drawing females to. But I learned that sometimes a good piece of art is a compromise of your mind and of your hand. Some of my best pieces are works I messed the anatomy up or made it look not like how my brain had it in mind.

I for example female legs are SUPPOSED to be not as defined muscle wise. But my hand refuses to draw undefined legs, so I ended up with a person with thunder thighs and/or very muscular legs (think chun li). Weirdly though if you begin to think of it as a character trait you notice that it is actually one of your better drawings.

Also one more thing, I find it easier to draw the face after the guide lines are down, because sometimes the pose is a LOT different then you imagined it. Also if you want a quick activity draw a weird closed shape on a piece of paper. Now look it over and make a person out of it, or make the shape that persons head.

I find this to be a great past time, and really helps with getting creative drawings down. Anyone can have a picture of something realistic with cameras. So you gotta spice things up, make non realistic things. You are usually better off sighing and continuing then erasing your work if it looks bad.

10. PinkieCube

PinkieCube Big Damn Hero

I know it that it is difficult to practise art skill. I can understand how I coloring my picture, how I give my picture space and how it should look the body but if I start it then like you said get only the "compromiss" of my mind and of my hand. This frusted me I want be better draw - I want draw before the collapse as I draw no day more. The anatomy isn't the difficult part, the body and anatomy is for me understandable and open to scrutiny - it is the proportion, I don't know how deep, how long, how wide I should draw the proportions. So it can happen that I draw the face too long or the shoulder too wide. I don't have a feeling for the proportions of female body.

I have drawn once a female person and I have the famous mistake that the legs had too much muscle like chun li, the face look male and too long, the arms was too thin, the hair was artificial, the torso had no curves and the body look flat like lying pose. It is a example for my mistakes.

On the otherside collect the proportions rules and helpful tutorials. But I am unsure if it are really all rules, I want have every big and small rule by the human proportions. I think it would help me much if I know every informations about the proportions.

hmm... I ask me what I must know and what I mustn't know that I can draw better and rightly? I think the mistake to know is important and the anatomy and proportions to know would be helpful and promising? right? I don't know.

11. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Just keep practicing... Just draw... Note that you don't have to draw well, just draw... It may not look like you're making progress but you are...