Playable Race- Kwi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vorco Rot-Gut, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you c:

Shark likes this.
  2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

aww...so does this mean we won't have this bird races at all?

3. Vorco Rot-Gut

It depends, if a monkey can mod in a race then there may be hope yet!

4. I'll be honest, I think the code will be by far the easiest step.

Tiy is making a VERY easy-to-use system from the sound of it, so adding a race into a mod shouldn't take more than a day.
    There ARE some complications, however.
    (Okay, "complications" is an understatement.)

1. Your Kwi are fat. This means, they cannot wear any of the in-game clothing. You must either limit them to Kwi-specific clothing, or sprite and animate every single clothing in the game to fit your kwi.

2. There are a LOT of different things for each race that you must make.
    Here's a list of everything I can think of.

Several block variations, specific to that race.
    Race specific furniture.
    Around 5-7 different crops.
    10 tiers of armor.
    A main questline (maybe?).
    Character creation.
    Special race items.
    2 Race dungeons.
    Several positions for sleeping, sitting, falling, swimming, etc.
    Different personality postures.

Not gonna be easy. That I can garuntee.

Polar Bear, Zailiner and WoxandWarf like this.
  5. Indeed. This was stated when Tiy announced farming.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Vorco Rot-Gut

:D I knew there would be a Mega butt-ton of spriting especially with all their fatness :p luckily the spriting I can kinda do! Though if I can mod them in they will probably initially be armor limited :< Have all these things been announced so far Darth for the other races? I don't want to have the same crops and junk! Ooo are your cerpine's stuff been announced :) I don't want to copy that either! I will initially make the kwi cerpine armor friendly :giggle:

That's a good question how hard will it be to have compatibility with another mod's armor?

7. *3 dungeons. 2 hostile + 1 peaceful ('settlement')

Yes, it sounds like a lot of work, but I'd much appreciate this race even as a mod, and I would happy to help with some things here.:)

WoxandWarf likes this.
  8. Vorco Rot-Gut

:D Well thank you! I don't know where to go with their personal things yet! I'm think simple stone work building with ugly but super comfy furniture. I think the crops would be easy enough, make stuff up! I'm not sure what to do with dungeons in the least... Though fitting them in other armors will just be a time taker. Of course I don't know what their race armor will look like either xD Though I am leaning towards Jumpsuits of sorts... So feel free to suggest stuff! Cause I don't know :V

Edit: Base clothes c:
    [​IMG]
    I'll need to touch them up so they are more visually interesting. Though I'm hoping most people will choose sweater and sweatpants with slippers combo.

blind sniper likes this.
  9. Not... Everything. I'm pretty confident that my race's things will be different enough from the others, though.

Here's my best estimate of everything.

Several block variations, specific to that race:
    Race specific furniture:
    Cerpine: Blue-tinted steel, w/ pistons, gears and the like. Lots of engineering machines. Somewhat battleship-esque.
    Apex: Portal, science and communism.
    Floran: Primitive tribal/caveman style. Lots of plants and bones intigrated into their culture.
    Robot: Unknown, but beleived to be medieval.
    Human: Retro american sitcom, and normal as it gets.
    Hylotl: Unknown, but beleived to be Asian/islander.
    Avian: Mayan, with lots of temples and other

Around 5-7 different crops:
    Unknown: Corn, carrots.
    Cerpine: Tall mushroom, Watermelon, eggplant and prickly pear.

10 tiers of armor:
    Cerpine: Advanced version of their regular blue suit. Gives off light and other benifits. See "Meet the Cerpine" for details.
    Apex: Chrome mask, with light up eyes. Increaces movement.
    Floran: Can't remember. Gives energy in sunlight.
    Robot: Medeival. Adds digging speed?
    Human: Army armor, I beleive. Carry more loot.
    Hylotl: Asian cone hat. Does water stuff.
    Avian: Mayan/Aztec/Incan. Allows for gliding.

10. Alternal

Alternal Existential Complex

These things are awesome and well thought out.
    They also look very alien, which races should. Well done!

11. Vorco Rot-Gut

Have you ever had a prickly pear? They were kinda awful :c though at least Baloo sings about it I suppose.

Anyway time to think! I'm think ornate/simple(?) stone work for buildings, they are stone masons and carpenters. So furniture is... stuuuff...

12. Vorco Rot-Gut

Cropses! (not corpses)

[​IMG]

Now i'm not sure if this counts, I mean should I be using real crops?

Well if so i'll pick them eventually!

Until then let me introduce you to some new food sensations!
    (from top left, to bottom right, like a book :D)

Ieberry: Don't let this eyeball shaped berry decieve you, it actually tastes like a spicy sweet potato. Same texture too. Use it as a potato replacement or to scare children, you horrible person.

Frost Carota: A deliciously minty carrot type plant, eat the blue root structure, not the leaves! It makes for a delicious candy base.

Sharp Squash: A purple sword shaped veggie. Caution It can be used as a lethal weapon, so be sure you cook it right! The correct technique involves mashing or boiling!

Eygweed: Discard the white flower pod, it will cause a headaches and an Upset stomach (worse side effects can occur). Instead the leaves are wonderful as Jam or a sweetener base and the roots act as a delicious meal time supplement. Ingesting too much at one time is not recommed.

Gastric Carota: A strange plant. A fresh one is green and juicy. Never eat the fresh ones! They are filled with chemicals designed specifically to cause a creature eating it to immediatly regurgitate it. Instead leave them dry int the sun, or rot in the dark. Either way it will shrivel up and turn black at which point it is completely safe to eat! If dried crack it open like a large nut and server with sauces for dipping no work required! If left to rot, add it into soup or other cooked food (past boiling at least)

Grockonuts: Think Walnuts except tangier! Crack open the tough shell and enjoy them raw, or bake them into various tasty treats!

Okay tell me what you think! Cause i'm shooting in the dark a bit on the minute details xD

Also note the fabulous red dot :p

blind sniper likes this.
  13. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

I'm loving those crops! You did a fantastic job on them!

(Red dot looks delicious)

14. Vorco Rot-Gut

Thanks c: I agree the dot is spectacularly scrumptious.

[​IMG]

First thoughts on furniture and some interacty type sprites... ya know what I mean?

Anyway ideas or input or stuff which involves thinking would be appreciated!

I'm on a roll, almost :V

blind sniper likes this.
  15. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Bwaha! It's so Fat and Adorable!

16. TheRedLeo

TheRedLeo Aquatic Astronaut

Ok the Kwi, the Dragonknight, and the Parfelian races definitely have to be put into the game. These are the three most epic races out there in my opinion and there are some other great races too. Check em all out if you want i know i am:alien:

70calories likes this.
  17. 70calories

70calories Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you know at first I was like eh this is kinda dumb but the more I look at them the more I kinda want it... odd how that works out

TheRedLeo likes this.
  18. Vorco Rot-Gut

Thanks c: There are really are lots of super good ones, I like the Cerpine myself :D
    Ha! Take that first impressions! Also thanks :)

[​IMG]

Okay I have a few queries I might pose unto thee. It might seem silly so if possible bare with me. I have a few different poses I think the Kwi might sleep in. Then i was wondering do they sleep in armor? Will they be sleeping on something other than a bed? What determines how they sit or sleep? Will they be sitting on a couch or something not like a chair (different direction to face, such as a couch)? Also what do the personality postures mean, are these basically what determine how you run, jump, sit and so on?

You can tell some one is professional when they have no idea what they're doing :V

Oh I also updated the main thingy a bit so as to make them have some more personality or traits and junk (completely professional wording). So if you could read it and tell which parts are too nonsensical I'd appreciate that!

blind sniper and Darthkitten like this.
  19. TheRedLeo

TheRedLeo Aquatic Astronaut

same exact thing i thought xD

20. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

This is so cool!