Playable Race- Kwi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vorco Rot-Gut, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

lol this is soooo funny, strange and weird, but cool I don't see it being implemented (maybe who knows) but still it's an amazing idea! Also this fits in fine here, only other place I could see it going is in Other, however creating a post in that platter thing with a link to this would probably be a good idea, get more views and stuff :)

2. WhiteWeasel

WhiteWeasel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, humans get boring after awhile. I've always been a fan of anthropomorphic animals. (Think star fox or redwall).

Coffee likes this.
  3. frightmare

frightmare Void-Bound Voyager

hmm i guess but certain things would be kinda glitchy like hover bikes would have to fit just for kiwis too so it would be kinda hard

4. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

You should make a bare Kwi sprite for each animation (Jumping, Walking, Running), that would be more productive in making this a legitimate race idea (Not that it is not already) than drawing random Kwis (I like the random Kwis, don't get me wrong, just suggesting).

5. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree! I have a jumping one and a walking one kinda... :)

Though now my classes are over! Time to make tiny bird people sprites :D

Ooo, does anyone know a good easy to use animated gif makey deal?

6. GraphicsGale

Vorco Rot-Gut likes this.
  7. Mittgfu

Mittgfu Phantasmal Quasar

Very nise pixel art you got there! It sounds like a lot of fun! But I wouldn't want to be a kwi anyway... But as long as I kill kwis in pvp everything's fine!

8. Vorco Rot-Gut

Thank you! Though in thirty days I won't be able to use it anymore xD
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately I'm not sure how to work it so it has the dumb white thingy. Also no I am not good with making an animated anything...

wulld and blind sniper like this.
  9. Alvin Flummox

Alvin Flummox Existential Complex

That drawing is full of win, the art style is awesome. Great idea :) Not sure if any of the races in game will be a different shape to humans though, it would mean they'd have to redraw every item to fit them, but I guess they might do!

10. Ahoy! The official bird-like race has been confirmed!
    Not Kwi but
    [​IMG]
    And I still like adorable Kwi's:badger:

11. Vorco Rot-Gut

Ow well the Avians are here! at least they aren't the same shape as people c: Welp back to not having internet, good bye!

12. The only thing the same about them is that they're birds.

13. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I Believe he was referring to the same shape as humans when he said people, Darth.

14. I'm refering to the simalarities between avians and kwi.

15. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do not think I understand what you are driving at then when you quoted his text. Sorry :<

16. No problem.

17. PekingDuck

PekingDuck Void-Bound Voyager

These are frigging adorable and I want them yes.

18. Sinaqui

Sinaqui Title Not Found

This is a really cute idea, it'd be neat to see it play out.

However, the "has boobies" for female thing isn't necessary, really. Birds aren't mammals, so they don't have mammary glands. A better distinction for male and female could be things like head crests, brighter/darker colors, or different beak shapes/sizes.

19. Vorco Rot-Gut

[​IMG]

The character creator makes me want to make Kwis :V
    It also helps when your internet is reliable :p

Now who knows how to jerry rig one of these character creators? I would like to have a word with you xD

I have a lot free time coming up and not much to do. So in the mean time i'd like suggestions! Even if you could just suggest things that would seem obvious. I haven't had real internet for a long time so I'm not quite sure what should go on with a race! I'll have to peruse the forums when I have good internet. Reliable is just good enough to upload a .png file by the way :p My other creature had no interest so i'll leave them be (also I could not sprite it very well :eek: Kwis are easy to sprite c: they also have hair, well feathers, well anything really as opposed to nothing for hair...? Um you know what, never mind.) For now i'm going to try and make base clothes because I can't possibly mess that up right? xD

Swinburn and blind sniper like this.
  20. Ok, these are adorable, and their names are too.
    Kwiiiiis