Playable Race: Androids

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Space Core, Mar 26, 2012.

1. pyromancerLaurentius

pyromancerLaurentius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the main problem with this race is balance. There are many limiting proposals for this race, with very few returns for the setbacks suggested. Why couldn't the uber-advanced android have waterproofing implemented? They could be fully immune to poisons and such, but at what cost? Less life, no auto regen. and matel is required to heal at all! I'd love to see the race implemented, but the pros and cons would probably be a sore point for everybody.

2. Malbutorius

Malbutorius Void-Bound Voyager

Well I can come up with some Ideas for Pro's and Con's.
    PRO: Mediam health CON: Constant drain on energy
    PRO: Immune to Poisen CON: Cannot regen health without Metal and Proper Tool's
    PRO: Resistant to knockback CON: Lower then average Jump hight
    PRO: All Tool's are slightly faster CON: All tools drain energy
    PRO: With simple Nanites destroys 'scrap' to regen health over time (I would count Simple Nanites a a low level equipment)
    PRO: Needs no air to live CON: Drowns faster in water
    CON: Scrap can run out

SCRAP: can be made by recycleing items that contain metal and used to make Apocolypse gear style Items.
    Is it Balenced now? Because this set of Pro's/Con's look's good to me. now, to take a brak from writing so much. :zzz:

3. DreamSpawn

DreamSpawn Aquatic Astronaut

If the armour is procedurally generated like the guns, it will be very unlikely that two characters will have the same looking armour - regardless of them being human or whatever.
    AKA whether you character is an android, human, avain, monkey or whatever you will probably never see another person with the same armour as yourself.
    So for all intents and purpose you can just pretend that your android armour is special.

Do you get it now Space Core ?

4. Vinnamon_Buns

Vinnamon_Buns Void-Bound Voyager

How about...

+Regens Health Faster in Sunlight(Solar Power)
    +Cannot Drown(No lungs?)
    +Resitant to Poison/Frost(They're made of metal)
    +Gets healed by Electricity(They run off of electricity)
    -Lower Jump Height(Heavier)
    -Cannot swim(Float and stuff like that, they can still go in water though)
    -Fire slows down Movement Speed(Melting)
    -Extremely slow/no health regen(They're artificial, they don't have cells to heal themselves)

5. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

I used to do Lunarian Engineering, I would suggest if your making androids that you go the way of Cave Story. Make a Bubble Shield that keeps out the water if waterproofing is too expensive to implement :p Also requiring materials for healing would be a nice way to fix that, but players just starting or inexpeirenced players (which will be all of us when the game first comes out :p ) may have issues collecting the materials to heal. -w- Early game itd be a nightmare to use an android.

6. Zalachenko

Zalachenko Twenty-three is number one

Im so sorry, i canĀ“t help it.

Aidoboy likes this.
  7. Aidoboy

Aidoboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

You need a poll so I can vote "IF THEY DON'T ADD THIS I'M GONNA DIE!"

8. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm late,eh?
    Well,here is my suggestion for the android's race.
    Since they are robots,why not be jointed robots?
    Well,for example,on scientists shops,or even by crafting,you could make parts to customize the android's body,
    and maybe even giving bonus/damages on some of his habilities.

9. Nakano15

Nakano15 Pangalactic Porcupine

Tch...At least i tried.