Plants

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Irrelephant, Feb 27, 2012.

?

Do you want plants to be generated like gears/weapons?

1. YES!

128 vote(s)
    95.5%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah thats a good idea

2. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

Thanks cow, your input means a lot to me. Not sarcasm at all. You are amazing. And cool. And squirtle is beautiful.

xboy777 likes this.
  3. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

What no that wasnt sarcasm I actually support this idea WHY CANT YOU ACCEPT ME FOR WHO I AM

xboy777 likes this.
  4. Irrelephant

I MEANT IT AND I ACCEPT YOU!

xboy777 likes this.
  5. Dasaki

Dasaki Pangalactic Porcupine

we need more plants, and more alchemy. Never enough alchemy in games. I'd love to chuck a grass fire bomb at a few unsuspecting enemies.

xboy777, Casimir and Alec like this.
  6. Alec

Alec Big Damn Hero

No problem man. I hope that they see it too. (I really want this terraforming thingy in the game. lol)

xboy777 likes this.
  7. Irrelephant

I agree fully

8. Nithilus

Nithilus Big Damn Hero

It would be cool if you could grind up certain plants into powders and use them as short ranged weapons (Like vile powder from terraria). Each could have its own effects, Poison, Healing for players, wide variety of status effects including sleep which is used for capturing creatures.

I like the idea of having heaps of plants with differant effects. I think however they should not be so many differant types of the same plant, That will make it hard to find the right type for what you are trying to make.

9. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

Unite, oh Druids of the Multiverse! For we shall conquer and subdue every unbeliever crawling in every heathen planet of this wonderful dimension that is Gaïa...!

Yeah, I guess that sounds more like the Spanish Inquisition... NOBODY expected that!

On another note, yeah, having alchemy and plants to throw at enemies and to create several effects is not very sci-fi but still rocks as an in-game system ^^

xboy777 likes this.
  10. Blue_Assassin

Blue_Assassin Void-Bound Voyager

Good idea, ill need poison as an assassin.

xboy777 and Irrelephant like this.
  11. Beedle

Beedle Tentacle Wrangler

I always knew a hydroponics system would work well in this.. But seriously, it is a great idea and I think that your suggestions/additions to the idea make it even better!

xboy777 likes this.
  12. Irrelephant

Thanks for the feedback

13. Irrelephant

Any more ideas from any1?

14. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about being able to extract certain plant ingredients to create a potion or new plant that you throw at the ground (or just make it come into contact with whatever type of soil/land it's capable of growing in) and it grows into a quickly growing and easily spreadable plant that can consume entire pieces of land on planets and maybe even whole planets if you get the most perfect combination of ingredients.

Or a plant ladder potion that you throw down and it creates a base that grows straight up and is climbable. It would be perfect for scaling planets with majorly uneven terrain and cave systems.

Irrelephant likes this.
  15. Irrelephant

I really like the ladder idea, except I read something somewhere that said that there wasn't going to be very uneven terrain because it keeps mechs from traveling.

16. xboy777

xboy777 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well I can agree for using it outside but what about in caves like in the Starbound Lighting Demo video?

17. Irrelephant

Added some new stuff

18. Irrelephant

19. GalacticRooster

GalacticRooster Big Damn Hero

If the planets didn't have procedurally generated plants, and tons of awesome stuff to do with the plants, I would be very disappointed.

20. Irrelephant

Me too