OOC Planet H3R01CS, sign-up

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by phanaton, Oct 18, 2013.

1. also who is holding me currently?

2. Rian121

Rian121 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Fixed... I hope.
    Edit: Lil' mister tough-blonde-guy possesed-by-the-red-spirit

3. :p Alaizia is waking up, but she wont be any use for a bit.... still has to recharge and till then she is kinda groggy

4. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

mist makes the people into ghosts, or wights I guess because of how badly they hate the living, and the mist wont screw with you, I have something planned, and in honesty, it may present opportunities you really need, or, you may think its crazy, AAAnyways, on to the action!

Alaizia Darkstar likes this.
  5. 2ktaco

2ktaco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I know this Rp is pretty far along already but, it isn't marked "apps closed". So, I'm going to make an app anyway, mostly just for the hell of it. If I do get in ; however, I'll just bug Dura (Alaizia) to get me caught up on the haps. tl:dr at bottom.

;;Application for Role Play

Name: Edward
    Middle Initial: P.
    Surname: Echardt

Physical Appearance:
    Eddie is a tall, lanky humanoid standing roughly six feet and two inches tall. His body appears thin and wispy, even under his thick overcoat. Atop his head there sits a messy mass of shoulder length, jet black hair that stands in stark contrast to his pale skin. He maintains a well-trimmed, full beard with a fairly noticeable white hairs hiding amount the black. His features are bird-like and, his eyes glow like firelight as they peer out from behind a set of crimson tinted spectacles. Eddie usually dresses himself to the nines, with patent leather shoes, fancy black trousers, a silken white shirt covered by a shiny black vest, all covered by his favorite black trench coat(A gift from a friend. Made in the classic, film noir style.)

Mental State ( 1 is sane, 10 is absolute bonkers ):
    7, Echardt is by no means sane, having long ago traded his mortal soul and sanity for the powers he so thoroughly enjoys today. Despite this, Edward is not any of the following: A blatant mass murderer, careless with the lives of others, a sexual deviant, bent on world domination, bent on world destruction, or focused on one particular foe(yet). Eddie is a creature of civility and rationality working only to further his own malicious goals. If that means occasionally aiding some hero then so be it.

Moral Inclination ( Full Hero, Anti Hero, Anti Villain, Full Villain ): Full Villain (Feel free to correct this based on the previous question. I think it fits though.)

Power ( choose one major power or two minor powers, or a weakened major power and one minor power ):
    tl:dr below
    Eddies single power is activated at will with the aid of a certain infernal token: his pocket watch.

Infernal Manifestation: Edward sprouts two spiraling horns and, a thin red tail with a bit of coarse black hair on the end. The firelight in his eyes roars to the brightness of an inferno. That parts cosmetic but, I guess the horns could be used with relative effectiveness.
    While in this state, his skin is hot to the touch and, his hands produce small amounts of smoke when not in use. If Edward were to snap his fingers, a small fireball would appear in his palm instantaneously. Think of it as a flaming baseball. He then lobs it at a target upon which the ball o' flame would bust apart and, much like Greek fire, burn for quite a while at intense levels.

Aside from the fireballs, Edwards mainstay power, the pocket watch also improves his physical form in order to better endure punishment. This power does two things:

--Armored Skin - Edwards skin assumes dark red coloration and, becomes hard, covered in calloused skin. This "armor" would protect well against blunt damage like clubs and fists. Peircing weapons like knives and bullets would punch through, though the latter woul be softened depending on range and calibre.

--Improve Athleticism - The watch also beefs up Eddies otherwise feeble frame. At the point of activation, Edward goes from thin and wispy to tone and muscular. By no means does this grant Eddie superhuman-strength, just agility slightly better than your average sprinter.

tl:dr
    -fireballs
    -armor skin
    -speed

Weakness ( make it difficult to guess, you don't want to be stabbed in the back easily do you? ): )
    If Ed was stripped of his pocket watch, he would not be able to activate his power. Due to this, it would be fairly easy to guess the sorce of his powers in certain circumstances but, in normal circumstances, one cannot simply guess the source.(because his powers are activated by will and no interaction with the watch. He only need possess it.)

Positive energies have a way of negating his powers, causing fireballs to fizzle, armored skin to recede, and his enhanced speed to slow to a walk.

tl:dr
    -losing his watch means he can't use his powers
    -positive energy negates powers

Background ( state how you got your power, magical awakening, or genetic mutation at a certain age ):

Edward Echardt wasn't always the stylish debutante he is today. In fact, Edward wasn't always Edward. Long ago, he was just another lonesome wanderer, roaming without purpose, care, or obligation to anyone but himself and his own impulses. This all changed one fateful evening when, while skipping down a roadside, Edward came to the proverbial ( & literal) crossroads. Having been walking since dawn, Edward decided to take a rest there at that crossing. As he sat there on the side of the road, looking up at the stars that already dotted the sky, he heard a faint rumbling from the east. As Edward craned his neck to peer off eastwards, he saw a jet black buggy making its way gingerly towards the crossroads, little cyclones of dust spinning in its wake. By the time the vehicle reached the crossing, Edward was on his feet and staring for some reason. Now within two long steps from Edward, the buggy could be seen with greater clarity. It was an older model civil-issue vehicle with a myriad of small scratches and dents in its otherwise sleek, shiny black coating. After a moment of silence on both parts, a shrill voice came from within the dark confines of the buggy.

"What brings ye to the crossroads, sonny?" queried the mysterious voice.
    Edward shivered as the words seemed to peirce him, chilling his bones.
    "Jus' 'eaded up the road a ways. Been walking fer a while now en I took a sit 'ere te rest ma bones."
    The silence set in once again as the mysterious being pondered this drifter from his shadowy compartment. Eventually, Edward broke the silence.
    "Say, mister. Ye think I could hitch a ride wich'a for a ways?"
    A shrill laugh echoed out of the buggy.
    "Nobuddy rides for free... What have ye to offer?"
    Edward nodded, and began pulling bits and bobbles from his person, holding them up to the buggies window.
    "I gotsa carborater, ain't never been used. En I got some coins, ain't much though."
    Another laugh echoed out.
    "Et ain't going te cut it, sonny. This cab takes but one sort'a currency.... Tell ye what, We'll carry ye fer a bit an' we can talk about compensation later. Whata ye say?"
    The door of the cab slowly creaked open. At this, Edward smiled and, without hesitation or forethought, climbed into the buggy. Edward was seventeen at this point, seventeen and forever warped by the gift of an infernal creature, seventeen and soulless.

Over the next sixteen years, Edward continued wandering, eventually developing his signature style and his wide collection of acquaintances and close "friends". It wasn't until he was twenty one that he added P. Echardt to his name.

tl:dr Eddie is a skinny, fancy man with a nice beard. His power is to fling (Greek) fire balls, basically. It's powered by a cursed pocket watch that he got in exchange for his soul and, to a lesser degree, sanity in the classic "devil at the crossroads" scenario. It also adds armor and speed.

Hope you liked it. Also, please excuse(or tell me about) any typos or, exclusions. I typed this entire thing on an iPhone.

Addition: Added two minor powers to bring Ed up to par with you other guys.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
    Alaizia Darkstar likes this.
  6. Nintendo_Play

Nintendo_Play Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dad?

7. 2ktaco

2ktaco Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes, son. I've come back for you. Now, wheres yer mommy? My fists are itchin.....

Addition: I didnt bother to even read the descriptions of the other characters and, it appears that Lord Flame's dude is a perfect counter for Echardt.

Addition 2: If I had noticed the number or fire slingers already here I woulda went a different direction.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. needed to post a new one.

Name: Alaizia Robin Lorrimore
    Surname: Lorrimore
    Physical Appearance: Alaizia is a 5'0 tall, curvaceous girl with platinum blonde, rear length hair and expressive dainty features. She has pale, smooth skin, plump body shape and little muscle structure. She also possesses a black star tattoo on her right breast that she was branded with to mark her as an exile. Her lips are a permanent shade of blue caused by an alchemical stain from a failed potion, which also caused her lips to become full and gives her a sort of poutey look and a slight slur at times.( will provide a reference look later)

Common form:
    [​IMG]

Witch form outfit: though with blue and black color palette and gems in the wrists

[​IMG]

Mental State ( 1 is sane, 10 is absolute bonkers ): 2( Slight traumas and habits.)
    Moral Inclination ( Full Hero, Anti Hero, Anti Villain, Full Villain ): hero(and sometimes damsel)
    Power ( choose one major power or two minor powers, or a weakened major power and one minor power ):
    Homo Magi Physiology: User is a human born into human sub-race with the ability to use magic as an innate talent instead of studying.

Applications (detail)

• Invocation(only works on 1 person at a time and will only work if she knows thier "true name"
    • Magic: Magic users essentially have unlimited possibilities for how they use their power, with only their skill, personal power-level, imagination/knowledge, and/or morality to define the borders.
    Limitations

• There is always a price. Always.
      • Always make sure you know what the price is, it will come back to haunt you.
      • It will be paid, one way or another.
      • The price can range from something as insignificant as the magical energy required to activate your magic, or something devastating, like your own life.
    • Magic Immunity willfoil your plans.
    • Magic often drains a person's stamina or mana.
      • Naturally, stronger magic puts a much greater strain.
    • Magic is unpredictable, if one gets too creative or is interrupted in a crucial moment. Results range from amusing to annoying, but mendable, to destructive to lethal, toCatastrophic to Apocalyptic.
    • Without the knowledge or proper skill, the intended use of a spell can create unpredictable or potentially dangerous results.
    • Society with knowledge about magic is likely to have rules/laws about its use, and areas of magic that are forbidden.
      • In some societies, magic may be limited to a specific class or status.
    • Users are unable to use spells that are beyond their imagination.
    • Using magic takes concentration and focus.
    • May react disastrously with Science Manipulation.
      • Magic Combat
      • Magical Energy Manipulation
      • Capabilities

Much like the ability of Life-Force Manipulation, the user is able to draw the energy from their surroundings. However, the ability of mana relies more on the use of different methods of magic such as spoken incantations and mystic items, like spell books, charms, talismans, weapons, etc. in order to achieve the effects that the user desires.
        Mana is a sentient source of energy, sympathetic magic, or impersonal force that is always moving from one location to another, seeking material elements or people to inhabit. It is also formed within the soul whenever a creature comes into being. The soul is not necessarily a collection of mana, but the creature itself. When the being dies, the mana returns to the environment waiting to be used again and again.
      • Limitations
        • May take time to control.
        • May require objects of magic such as spell books, charms, amulets, runes, etc.
        • The sentient energy may be able to overwhelm the user and take over them.
        • Mana can drain the user and cause fatigue.
        • Mana is a power that one may need to study
    • Potion Amplification
    • Capabilities

User can increase the strength, duration, and potential of potions to it's fullest potential. The effects may change depending on the original effects of the potion that has now been amplified.
      Limitations
      • May require even more and/or better ingredients for the potion to become stronger.
      • May require Spell Casting in order to amplify the potion.
      • May require the original potion in order for this ability to work.
      • Effects may temporary due to the amount the power the potion possesses.
    • Potion Creation
    • Capabilities

User can create potions: substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made.
      Some potions come in different forms of liquid, such as jelly, stew, brew, or even soup. They can also be made into solid form, often pills, powder, candy, and possibly drugs.
      Limitations
      • Each effect may have a separate formula.
      • May require a laboratory/workshop and time.
      • May need special ingredients in order to create potions.
      • Effects of potions are temporary, unless they are specifically made to be permanent.
      • May require Spell Casting in order for the potion to take full effect.
      • May require training for certain potions.
      • Incorrect brewing may cause backfiring.
    • Spell Casting(all spells are casted by words.)
    • Capabilities

Spells are a series of words that, when said correctly in a certain order, alter the fabric of reality to varying extents. It is a ritual intended to produce a magical effect.
      Limitations
      • Low-level users may be limited only to spell books.
      • Low-level users could also be limited on how many spells they can cast.
      • Incorrect pronunciation a spell may have negative effects (such as the spell being thrown back at the user, or producing a different effect than expected).
      • May require mana in order to power the spells.
      • Untrained novices can easily misuse a spell creating unpredictable results.
      • Useless against people with Spell Negation.
      • Certain spells may only work for as long as the caster is alive.
      • Caster must be able to speak.
    • Spell Creation
    • Capabilities

The user is capable of creating brand-new spells and using them, sometimes on the fly.
      Limitations
      • May take only magic users who possess great power or great understanding of magical forces to actually create their own spells.
    • Mana Regeneration: user regenerates mana over time.
    • Limitations
      • Only works when sunlight contacts with skin, mana is produced by Vitamin D generated.
      • If area is pitch black or dark, regeneration is much slower, taking 2-3 hours to gain enough for a significant spell.

• solid mana bolt projection: Can use mana stored in mana crystals embedded in her gloves.
    Weakness: ( most are listed above)
    • Must be able to speak to cast her spells.
    • sometimes messes up spells or potions(example her first potion).
    • Using her magic drains her stamina from using mana.
    • Absorbing to much mana at once( say if someone pumped her with magical energy) can cause her to become overwhelmed in a sort of magical overload that affects the environment around her.
    • HAS NO IDEA how to use technology...not even a toaster.
    Background :
    Alaizia Lorrimore is a unusualy powerful, but inexperienced witch who escaped to the material plane after discovering the coven had been using her for her power. She comes from a plane that completely composed of mana and therefore was born with the innate ability to use magic. She was trained at a young age to create and use spells in her every day life. After her exile she ended up in the mortal plane to live out the rest of her life in distant unknown lands.
    She found that though her magic, powerful as it was, became limited in the mana sparse world.

9. Rian121

Not a very fun fact Alaizia: You and mister tough-blonde-guy possessed-by-the-red-spirit are a short ways out of the circle of mist the others are in.

10. alaizia is out of juice...aka.....no magic for a bit...or she faints again.

11. Rian121

Yeah, I took the hint. The post up there is just a little FYI.

12. yeah, just so you know..she doesn't know what the guy is....but that freaked her out and she will no longer trust that guy.

anyway... uhhh yeah :p shes pretty helpless right now.

13. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

DAMN IT, I WANT IN!

14. hes on at random times, message him in a private message.

15. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

A note, the mist does not end, and eventually it will get thicker and higher, so lucius, you wont be safe forever, Alaizia and demon man, I imagine the sphere was alaizias soul, and I dont quite understand how you made it through the mist unscathed, perhaps show signs of damage? missing skin, maybe fatigue, and alaizia, you'd likely be damaged too since you are still maintained in the physical realm, the mist eats away at physical being, and then converts it into anima, meaning that any sentient being is vulnerable, and while there are ways to avoid death, striking a deal, positive energy used as a shield, light, and so forth, the longer the mist is in the world, the stronger it gets, this is my test of your ability to narrow down the source and the cause, if it isnt stopped, Old Anarchis will be pulled in the Ether realm, and all of you will have a whole lot harder of a time surviving, but dont worry, I have high hopes, you'll all survive and stop the mist!

16. WHY DID HE EVEN DO THAT CRAP! I DIDN"T AGREE TO IT! WTF!

....:( ...welll....I hope its not anything to bad...mabye I can heal myself...

17. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

See, this entire thing would be much easier if you had a regenerating badass like Deathstroke, or Deadpool on your side
    Shame, nobody made a character like that.
    Oh wait.
    I did.
    LEMME IN!

18. im no the dm...ask phan

19. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

I know, but such remarks will continue until my evil plan is fulfilled

20. ok?