Modding Help Planet/Biome specific dungeons

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by FZeroRacer, Dec 12, 2013.

1. FZeroRacer

FZeroRacer Master Chief

So! My attempts to make a specific dungeon only spawn on a certain planet have, so far, ended in failure:

[​IMG]

I've been working on a new planetary-type called Tech. Think Death Star. What I've been trying to do is to ensure that my specific dungeon would spawn only on that planet and (ideally) span the entire planet. A large string of corridors, rooms, potential treasures and things like that. However, that doesn't seem possible with the way the game is currently setup. True dungeons have to be whitelisted in order to spawn, and it seems like those dungeons are created at the very start of planetgen. Whereas the way I've been trying to work is to have it spawn as a large micro-dungeon, which are generated as the player loads more of the planet. Except it results in cases like above, where the world ends up overwriting parts of the dungeon or the dungeon ends up stopping far shorter due to non-placeable pieces. Testing it with the dungeon being whitelisted allowed it to generate much further and better.

Ideally to fix this I'd like to be able to whitelist dungeons on a per-planet basis. Alternately, fixing up microdungeon generation should solve this as well.

GOKOP likes this.