1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help [Petition] Please fix Server Stability

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Stadl0r, Feb 5, 2015.

1. DiWorm

DiWorm Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG]

409 and Grcss like this.
  2. teilnehmer

teilnehmer Existential Complex

While I agree this would be great, I find it quite plausible that server optimization happens as part of (or after) game optimization, which is *always* at the end of development.

CF is still playing around with damage values and balancing. They shouldn't start optimization before they have everything in place (it's like cleaning the table when you haven't finished eating - new crumbles will fall), and that might - quite unfortunately - mean that server optimization needs to wait, too.

3. DiWorm

DiWorm Void-Bound Voyager

Then CF need to close sales on steam and get more coders for this. Then start sales on 1.0.0 game.

CF get millions on game sales, CF can aprove more devs in team. But CF add tons of content and after this cant fix bugs with this content....

I say it again: FIX PLAYER SAVES! SERVER NEED OPTION "USE SAVES FROM SERVER" CANT HACK = CANT CRASH, NO MORE METEOR GUNS!.

4. Zavits

Zavits Void-Bound Voyager

I've never gotten a chance to really play this on multiplayer aside from the couple of friends I play with on lan. I hope the server code gets some looks. :3

5. Mantis The Insect

Mantis The Insect Void-Bound Voyager

We need this now! COME ON!

6. BalsamicVinegar

BalsamicVinegar Void-Bound Voyager

We need this as soon as possible. So much of the community of this game exists because we were brought together on multiplayer servers. As of now, such connections are unable to exist. I beg of you, please find some time to fix your server code.

7. Eisengreifer

Eisengreifer Orbital Explorer

Signed.
    Tried MP today for the first time, and we had 7-8 crashes in about 3 hours.
    Please look into this ASAP.

8. StandardOtaku

StandardOtaku Void-Bound Voyager

I agree! Do it!

9. PoppySeeds

PoppySeeds Void-Bound Voyager

Netcode revision would be hella, yes please based Chucklefeesh

10. Scumlord69420

Scumlord69420 Space Hobo

I agree completely

11. Geeknerd1337

Geeknerd1337 Void-Bound Voyager

Should be top priority

12. renojonathanr

renojonathanr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This really needs to be fixed, CF. Maybe you should get off your fat arses and fix the damn code already!

13. Fleder

Fleder Pangalactic Porcupine

14. Starrypop

Starrypop Subatomic Cosmonaut

And thus, a success has been made

Yzzey and Eisengreifer like this.
  15. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

We did it.
    *claps*
    REJOCE, MY BRETHREn, FOR TODAY WE HAVE TRIUMPHED.

16. Skhmt

Skhmt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's still early to be celebrating...

17. renojonathanr

renojonathanr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Perhaps.

18. noxturno

noxturno Scruffy Nerf-Herder

we did nothing, till I see an stable decent build for servers....

19. cyanpirex

cyanpirex Space Spelunker

Still baffled as to why they'd make a multiplayer - heavy game and leave it broken as fuck he way it is for a year like they're expecting it to magically get better.

20. teilnehmer

teilnehmer Existential Complex

That is because you decided to get an early access game. No magic involved, you're just witnessing the process of a game being made. Server stability was not high on the list.