Pet with a purpose?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Amylittlehands, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Amylittlehands

Amylittlehands Yeah, You!

Hi all!

Firstly ... I love this game! I've been a huge fan of Harvest Moon all my life so jumped onto this when released on PS4. I think it's safe to say I'm enjoying this more than HM (hard for me to admit to!)

I habe a suggestion for pets, if we could have a sheepdog and maybe it can be used to herd animals back into their fenced area if they're outside of them after dark? Just thought it'd be a nice touch as I've had some animals stuck outside overnight.

What do you all think?

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a pet having other abilities that could prove useful on the farm! We do, after all, have pigs that sniff truffles out for truffle oil. :D To be fair though, that's a farm animal. But people have pigs for pets.

• jafred2015

jafred2015 Void-Bound Voyager

That's rather ingenious, but there'd need to be something for the cat to do as well. Perhaps raise your luck as it relates to fishing? Edit: Perhaps these bonuses would only be unlocked after maximum relationship is gained with your pet.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Alternatively, take the Tale of Two Towns route: Dogs help with the barn animals, cats help with the coop animals.

Not entirely realistic, but it's believable enough while also giving a purpose to each.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Have them have a chance equal to/based off what percentage of max friendship they have to "bring home" and item they found? Dogs bring home items found in dig spots and trashcans, cats can bring home random fish (and related creatures/items) or fishing treasures? The dog wouldn't pull from actual artifact spots or trashcans that the game generates, obviously. Maybe higher levels of friendship could even give cumulative chances for more items?

It could make it worth it to add some other form of interaction with the pet- a ball for the dog and a bell/feather stick for the cat.