RELEASED Pet/Animal Loved Labels (Updated for 1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

Information:

This mod was a professional collaboration between Jinxiewinxie and myself.

Requires SMAPI 0.40.1.1 or later

It adds a tooltip label near your cursor when you mouse-over a pet or farm animal letting you know if they have been petted or not. You can customize the text that the label uses in the config file.

Here's a .gif showing the mod in action:

[​IMG]

Download:

Download Here from the Nexus. Ensure you are using SMAPI 0.40.1.1 or above.

Installation Instructions:

• Download the mod
    • Extract the archive
    • Go to %AppData%\Roaming\StardewValley
    • Add the folder inside the Mods folder

To use:

Just start your game using StardewModdingAPI.exe, the config file will be created when you first load up the game.

You can edit the text the labels use by editing the config file. Replace the words inside the quotes for each one to specify a different label to use. For example:

You can change this

"AlreadyPettedLabel": "Is Loved",
    "NeedsToBePettedLabel": "Needs Love"

To this

"AlreadyPettedLabel": "Has already been petted",
    "NeedsToBePettedLabel": "Needs to be petted"

and you'll see the new labels in game.

Credits:

The initial idea for this was inspired by Orspeeder's Chest Label System mod. Also, thank you to Legiion/TheCatMan of NPC Gift Taste Helper for helping Jinxie gain a better understanding of using custom assets.

Changelog:
    10/03 2.0
    Updated for Stardew Valley 1.1 and requires SMAPI 0.40.1.1 or later
    4/7 1.0
    Initial Release
    4/28 1.1
    Re-designed how labels on pets work. Labels should correctly display whether you've pet your pet(s) that day.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
      Nevis, Ladymegan, thaliban20 and 25 others like this.
    • Jinxiewinxie

Jinxiewinxie Farmer Fashionista

Maybe I'm biased because I helped make it, but this is one of my favorite "quality of life" mods I use in my own games.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Perfect, thank you! I was looking for something like this. I found something similar that put relevant emoticons over the animals' heads, but it came bundled with a whole other stuff I wasn't interested in. (You could turn that other stuff off, but still feels odd that I have to download and install a bundle of irrelevant mods.)
        I'm not sure if I prefer the permanent emoticons or the tooltip, but I think the latter will be less annoying in the long run

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
        • irene21000

irene21000 Void-Bound Voyager

Great!Thank you^^

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Kewl. When I get to the comp and download this I might change the config to "needs to be cuddled" and "got cuddled hella."

Superior_s, Jinxiewinxie and Nurio like this.
            • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I might go for a minimalistic approach
              "=("
              "=)"
              Or if I really want to drive the point home!
              "D="
              "=D"

taintedwheat likes this.
              • EpicAdventure

EpicAdventure Zero Gravity Genie

Nice mod! :>

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

I have a suggestion. Make the tooltip also show the animal's name. (Or make it an option.) Makes it easier to distinguish them!

• KayokoSalsa

KayokoSalsa Guest

Very useful mod and I like how you can change the text to whatever you wish. Great job!

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm wondering if you could take this idea and put it toward the villagers. I never remember who I've talked to and spend at least a fourth of my time playing, running around talking to people... and re-talking to them when I can't recall if I'd done so yet :rofl:

KayokoSalsa and Jinxiewinxie like this.
                      • Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

Huh? Odd, whenever I've talked to a villager, I literally can't talk to them anymore. The icon for talking doesn't even show up anymore

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There are some "situation" texts that do not prevent you from talking to the NPC in question further.
                          (Doctor's visit text for all NPC's, the tuesday workout text for the females that are in the group, etc)

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

There have been times where people I've talked to then can't be talked to again, but most of the time there will be people I just talked to who I could talk to again and after a while of going around to talk to everyone I tend to forget which ones I did in the beginning. I have serious memory problems, so right now my way of dealing with it is to try and link who I talked to to some action I did in the area. It helps... a little.

• Jinxiewinxie

Its definitely a thought! May be nice to be able to quick mouse over villagers without having to go right up to them and see if you've talked to them or not yet.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Wouldn't be difficult at all, just slightly more (but not noticeably so) resource intensive.

• trowlk

trowlk Void-Bound Voyager

The label doesn't change when I pet my dog. What's happening?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

The label isn't changing when you pet your dog.

Jk, I honestly don't know. Does it work on all other animals? Does it work if you try to right click your pet again?

• junimotherese

junimotherese Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same experience, but I honestly don't mind. It'd be great to have that bug fixed, though.

• Jinxiewinxie

Sometimes I have a similar problem, I just pet my dog or cat again and the label shows correctly.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I think in rare cases if your pet is considered slightly out of range of your reach and you aren't facing it, the game will grab the tile directly in front of the player and check if a pet is on it. When I get a chance I'll look into it.