1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Persistent Farmables 1.03 EK 20140228

Crops grow even while you're not looking!

1. 1John5vs7

1John5vs7 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I would like to see something similar to what Minecraft does with harvesters. It would need to be an expensive mechanism that would involve crafting, and I think it should also have multiple upgradeable steps so that it can improve its speed and efficiency over time.

I'd also like to see a use for all of the excess crops, because some crops like Boltbulb, Eggshoot, Feathercrown, etc. multiply so rapidly that you end up holding hundreds more than you can possibly use. Of course I just stop harvesting them at that point, but it would be neat to see some use for the excess. I am currently planning to open a restaurant, but that's really just an RP necessity since most people can realistically get by with the raw alien meat they find lying around villages and chests, and maybe growing some wheat or a fast-growing crop of that sort.

2. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

There's a biofuel mod being worked on (has versions out, but it's gonna get more features/items etc added) that you could use for your surplus, too? I know I plan to install it. It deactivates coal for fuel usage, but I found that a bit weird anyway. :D

3. 1John5vs7

Yes, I saw that. I don't know how it will work, but I'm intrigued.

4. ieatconcrete

ieatconcrete Yeah, You!

I've just worked on combing this mod with industrialization. Just tested it and I think it's good to go! Let me know what you think :) (drag and drop contents of zip to mod file)

Attached Files:

5. JTE

JTE Phantasmal Quasar

Good job. You seem to have got it correct. JTE approves. :up:

ieatconcrete likes this.
  6. Albin Xavier

Albin Xavier Phantasmal Quasar

Will this work with mods that reduce growth time for crops?

7. JTE

JTE Phantasmal Quasar

Probably. It depends on how they do it. I didn't hardcode any growth times into this, it reads them from the vanilla farmable table. Let me know what happens? :catface2:

8. Albin Xavier

Albin Xavier Phantasmal Quasar

Well, it works with Farmtime by soler91.

9. SMT50001

SMT50001 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  10. JTE

JTE Phantasmal Quasar

It would have been nice to let me know you were working on it so that I could put it on the mod's page and three other people wouldn't get stuck making the same thing. :p

11. Svarr Chanston

Svarr Chanston Cosmic Narwhal

Are you a wizard? :saywhat:
    1368307977322.jpg

12. JTE

JTE Phantasmal Quasar

Yes.

13. Murdaa

Murdaa Space Hobo

Thank you so much for this. I was almost going to shelf this game because healing in the end game is impossible without good food. I do not like to have to alt tab to browse facebook or other forums trying to find something to keep myself occupied while my apex sits around watching plants grow.

14. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

Such a simple yet useful mod! Just did a showcase for my subs on YouTube!

15. 1John5vs7

I assume you're working on this already, but just in case you aren't, could you please do an update for Furious Koala? The mod no longer works with the new patch.

16. cedarrapidsboy

cedarrapidsboy Tentacle Wrangler

It works good for me. Just need to open the modinfo and change the version name. All my crops grew while I had the game shut down (on my home planet). I changed the real time setting in the LUA.
    Code:
    "version" : "Beta v. Furious Koala",

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  17. JTE

JTE Phantasmal Quasar

JTE updated Persistent Farmables with a new update entry:

Furious Koala update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

teihoo likes this.
  18. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

19. JTE

JTE Phantasmal Quasar

They did not even consider including my mod as far as I know, and I am uncertain whether or not their farmables work correctly now.

Just in case anyone wants to continue using my mod, I'll continue updating it for a while.
    If nothing else, the realtime option will still be unique, allowing crops to grow even while the game is closed. So there is that.

20. Creedless

Creedless Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry, i don't mean to offend someone, but i'm not exactly sure how to handle the .pak file in the updated zip.
    As there is no installation instruction included in the readme and no modinfo file, where am i supposed to put the
    jte_farming-rt.pak to? :(