1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PC GAMER October preview

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pedpenguins, Sep 4, 2013.

1. um, its free....

2. McRib

McRib Astral Cartographer

The product will be not read when it will be release that is the point. This is a sandbox game so it has no end. This updates on weekly bases are feeding the communty for more content.

3. Colton

Colton Phantasmal Quasar

Edited accordingly.

4. ZanVaelius

ZanVaelius Existential Complex

The story and the game will be finished. They will however expand on the game- more lore, more items, maybe additional story arcs? The sky's a limit.

Shippo likes this.
  5. yeah wich is great.

6. Colton

Colton Phantasmal Quasar

That's the problem I have with this whole thing. Release it when it is ready. I don't want episodic releases when it comes to the story because it was never implied that this would be the case up until now. I want (and have expected) a feature complete game with a complete story upon release.

Wolfedg and Kaeso like this.
  7. McRib

The first story but this is only the start. ;) the story will go on in the updates. The last race will be in the post release so some story will be told after.

8. Nice read, thanks for sharing!

9. McRib

Do you have ever play minecraft? Does minecraft have end? Sure you will have good product when it will be release but more stuff will be release over the month after release it is the same system like minecraft does.

Feeding the community with more content.

McRib

10. Colton

Colton Phantasmal Quasar

No, and this has nothing to do with Minecraft. While I'm aware of the whole "elder dragon ending" bit, Minecraft was never designed to have a narrative. Starbound, on the other hand, has been. The story can (and most likely will) have an ending thus I would prefer it to be finished upon release and being excluded from the beta.

You're talking about two different genres with two different designs here. As far as continuing to add new features and mechanics post-release, I have no problem with that. The story is a completely different matter.

11. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

When I read this the only advice I could give you then is to wait till it is fully released then and don't take part in the beta.

12. Here are some full size scan pics so you can see the in game art on the pages, looks nice!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tree house looks cool, totally diggin the couch lol.

Pingeh, riseoflegends, MrLevi and 2 others like this.
  13. Colton

Colton Phantasmal Quasar

Yup, pretty much. And that sucks.

14. McRib

Thanks Finsol.

McRib

15. Breakout

Breakout Big Damn Hero

That tree house does look awesome!

16. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

Ferb I know what we're going to do today.

17. KwwB

KwwB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If they can pull off this episodic DLC stuff it will be amazing! Potentially a GREAT source of continued revenue for a small company. They really might be onto something good here!

18. McRib

This article is incorrect about this dlc stuff. They will on weekly base update the game with new content thats all. all this will be free

McRib

Pingeh likes this.
  19. KwwB

KwwB Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If that is the case then they should seriously consider doing a "premium" weekly update that is essentially DLC. Make the first week or three free so people can see what it is like, get into the story and the characters, and then purchase the entire season or in week chunks!

20. enemarius86

enemarius86 Cosmic Narwhal

Dude, what is wrong with you?
    Tiy promised that once you buy the game you get it all including post release updates, and made almost 2mil$ from pre ordrers on it.

Charging more money after release means that all the people that bought the game untill now will be cheated.

Shippo, Pingeh and Kaeso like this.