1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

PC GAMER October preview

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pedpenguins, Sep 4, 2013.

1. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

2. Gaikang

Gaikang The Number of the Minibeast

Issues of money and paying aside, it's a pretty exciting idea.

3. like00111

What I think it meant is, you buy the game, then you will get the weekly updates.
    I don't think it would be like a subscription fee.

NFossil likes this.
  4. pedpenguins

pedpenguins Subatomic Cosmonaut

It sounds good to me!
    Defiance did something similar which ran at the same time as the show and that worked out well! :giggle:

5. Kaeso

Kaeso Industrial Terraformer

Agreed. Personally, I'm not a fan, but that may change as details are revealed. We'll find out soon enough.

6. pedpenguins

7. like00111

Thank you. :D

8. I'm actually more interested in the Warframe stuff you're getting. What is this witchcraft?

9. like00111

Ewwww.

10. Exi1e

Exi1e Zero Gravity Genie

I'm a little concerned. I was lead to believe that the game was going to be updated for free for a set period of time, and that DLC was frowned upon by Tiy. What happened here?

11. like00111

The DLC just stands for Downloadable content. You will not be charged anything extra for it. It's not paid DLC.
    Pay for the game and get all the updates free from there on out.

Shippo likes this.
  12. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Paid DLC is different from free DLC. best example that comes to mind? Skyrims free HD texture DLC

Shippo likes this.
  13. pedpenguins

With PC GAMER October UK edition you get 570 platinum (around £20) redeemable gift card so for £5 its well worth it!

14. Wolfedg

Wolfedg Pangalactic Porcupine

Except if you read the article it specifically mentions a "paid-for season of content thst operates like a television series"
    Paid expansion, or episodic content is fine with me as long as we get all the content so far discussed by the developers free(edit:for the initial base cost) (up to tier 10), but please don't pull a bait and switch on us Chucklefish.

Gaikang likes this.

15. God damnit now I'm jelly. Now if only I lived in UK

16. pedpenguins

Suika Ibuki likes this.
  17. like00111

Which means, you buy the game and you get the updates.
    There won't be a subscription.

18. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hold your horses everyone. I can't find a direct source for this (it was probably on IRC), but according to someone on the Starbound subreddit this is what Omni had to say about paid DLC:
    I'm personally not against DLC as long as it's worth the price, but hopefully we'll get some clarification from the devs soon. Until then, let's avoid jumping to any conclusions.

19. Shinjica

Shinjica Guest

No sound like a Season pack, you pay for the game (borderlands 2 anyone) where you pay for the future DLC

Edit: i've read the post of Omni, now they have clarified what they mean.

20. Gaikang

Gaikang The Number of the Minibeast

Except what Omni said, and what Tiy said, are direct contradictions. Omni explains that a while ago, he was told about a subscription and it's price would be based on the providing of a service, while any actual content would be free. The article mentions something like this, but it also does very directly say that there would be additional downloadable content paid for.