1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Pants Armor

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RyukaTana, Dec 5, 2013.

1. RyukaTana

RyukaTana Void-Bound Voyager

EDIT:Apparently this isn't a 'bug', it's a feature, one that probably should be explained better. This thread helps explain what's up though.

So, I'm wondering if this is a problem, assuming that little shield represents my armor total, I believe it's not recognizing the pants slot, at least:

[​IMG]

And here I am, wearing the pants, and apparently gaining no armor:

[​IMG]

Maybe it's just these pants? Maybe it's pants? Maybe it's non-chest armor? Maybe it's just me?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. RyukaTana

Wait, the same thing seems to happen when I remove my chest armor... maybe that number is stuck at 2?

EDIT: This is after the patch that was released tonight, in case that matters. I tried to edit the thread name, but I don't seem to be able to..

3. twistedhands

twistedhands Space Hobo

the armor in general seems to be bugged.

4. Arrow

Arrow Void-Bound Voyager

Assuming that when you "remove your chest armor" you are leaving the pants on it is behaving as intended.

For whatever reason it does not appear to display the current total armor but rather shows some sort of average. I'm not sure of the exact formula used.
    But if you are wearing 2 pieces of armor with the same armor value the average should be either the same as their armor value or slightly less because of the third empty slot.

5. RyukaTana

Huh... that's weird... Okay.

6. Equilibriate

Equilibriate Orbital Explorer

Guys I thought it was a bug also but then read a guide that explained it shows what level mobs you can handle. i.e if your armor stat is at 5 then level 5 monsters will do normal damage to you, anything above this will deal bonus damage.

RyukaTana and Rockarm like this.
  7. KatamariJunky

KatamariJunky Tentacle Wrangler

I counted up my armor bonus, I am supposed to be at 6, with copper everything, and the screen shows me at 3. It seems to be counting how many pieces I am wearing, rather than the armor value of each

8. Equilibriate

Equilibriate Orbital Explorer

read above................