1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Paint Mode not working

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bucketman86, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Bucketman86

Bucketman86 Aquatic Astronaut

Hello all,

I finally started working on my little colony and wanted to paint my buildings, but the paint mode on the Module Manipulator doesn't seem to work right. It will color most of my stuff, but some things just give me the sound like when you try to use the MM in a story mission and won't change color. So I have these cool colorful brick houses with big patches of uncolored parts. Its all brick, its all stuff I just build, but it won't color.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. PortalGun4Christmas

PortalGun4Christmas Void-Bound Voyager

I have had this problem as well. It seems to not want to paint patches of the background blocks. A way to work around this bug is to create the blocks is:

1. Place the blocks you want to paint in the background (unpainted)
    2. Place the same block in the foreground and paint this block the color you want the background block to be
    3. Remove the foreground block and the rear block will be painted the same color as the ones you painted in the front

I hope this helps. Im not very good at how-to's

Gotcha! likes this.