1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Override option

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SamSamSam724, Jul 25, 2016.

1. SamSamSam724

SamSamSam724 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, this is the first time I post on this forum, hope I'm doing everything right!

So, I bought a Starbound server on Nitrado for me and my friends, I wanted to add more songs to the standard song list, so I subscribed to a couple of music addons, everything works fine in single player, but it wont let me join my server because:

"Asset mismatch between client and server, and the override option is not set"

So, how do I set it?

Sorry again if I did something wrong, and sorry for the english, I'm italian.

2. Capt. Muncher

Capt. Muncher Big Damn Hero

Interested in this also. Both server and cilent has allowed asset mismatch but still can't connect. Noticed there is, "serverOverrideAssetsDigest" : null, in the server config file. It may be obvious but is this the override option, and if so what value is it? ie. true/false...

3. grandbaker

grandbaker Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I know you might have figured this out by now but I thought I'd drop this in here.

If you get any of these errors what you want to have setup in your configs are:

"allowAssetsMismatch" : true,
    "assetdigest" : true,
    "serverOverrideAssetsDigest" : false,

Then if you join a game and it says the option is not set you have to go into your client options and tick the box for Allow Asset Mismatch

That way it basically allows your client to say "Yes I want to join regardless of not having these mods installed"

4. parrotboss

parrotboss Space Hobo

how do you get to the configs and the client options

5. Capt. Muncher

Capt. Muncher Big Damn Hero

If its a rented server you have to use FTP to get into the server files. Then its a case of getting a programme to edit and upload the files, most sites like multiplay have guides and can explain this better than I can. And thanks for the response man.