Outpost Art

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Mar 10, 2014.

1. fate1122

fate1122 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Just some other weapon types could be a chain and sickle, a long staff, throwing darts, chain saw gun,maybe a laser powered hand gun that shoots from your hand/finger tips) Also as i was thinking, did you ever think about being able to cyborg yourself? you can change your hand into a angry blast weapon, jet feet, laser eyes, etc, making you breathe under water, etc

2. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

...can we use the urinals?

3. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

I just noticed the elevator as well... one of my wish-list items for sure! Hope it's for real!

Gunslinger likes this.
  4. iamzid

iamzid Void-Bound Voyager

i hope these new npcs have more for sale than is currently offered by the npcs that you find in towns and the wild. i usually kill every npc i find because, as they currently are, their drops are worth more to me than their existence.

5. Nixeras

Nixeras Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ooh this looks fun.

6. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

NPC behavior is something that desperately needs improving to make them useful at all.

I have a doctor in my home base that was created with a spawning item. He mostly jumps around, twitches back and forth, and acts completely insane. The funniest thing is I've found that on occasion, when returning to my home base, he has CLONED himself. I now have FIVE identical copies of him bouncing around my base! I am just curious to see how many clones I eventually end up with. :p

7. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

This is better. Some hope and hint of good progress. This trumps new weathers and items any day. George your a talented fella. KEEP IT UP. I WOULD EVEN DONATE MORE CASH for you to progress with this kind of quality. Excited to see the actual game system!

Cordova (human) and Exxil3d like this.
  8. HyperSilence

HyperSilence Master Chief

It's alright.

Blitzlegion likes this.
  9. Aeon

Aeon Phantasmal Quasar

Looks nice and all but i'm going to reserve my excitement when you actually deliver in a competent manner.

10. Gunslinger

Gunslinger Existential Complex

The coffee machine reminds me of a sentry bot.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  11. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

That's rather harsh, don't you think?

Also, before I allow myself to spew angry sarcasm all over you, let me simply request that you make your criticism more constructive.

For example, how are they not delivering in a competent manner?

What form does your excitement take?

And more or less, why should anyone care what you have to say when it contains no helpful information, nor suggestions, or even a joke?

I understand that the beta has been frustrating, I really do, but if any of you were using something I had written, it would be much worse.

I cannot criticize because I haven't made anything of comparable quality.

What have you done?

cassbra2, Faira, Kabu and 1 other person like this.
  12. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

He's just reserving excitement. It seems harmless. By competent it can translate to full game. Betas are naturally not very competent.

13. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Love the new pipes and new look.
    Can't wait for the new quest and merchant system to be completed.

14. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

15. Nantes

Nantes Void-Bound Voyager

Those yellow fans at the top of the building... fans... in outer space... lern2fisiks, Chucklefish!

Blitzlegion likes this.
  16. Kingpwn

Kingpwn Big Damn Hero

So the NPC's there are willing to rent our property? Anyone know how that's gonna work?

17. MacroX

MacroX Void-Bound Voyager

i cant wait for this to be in the unstable beta version so i can try out to sell things i already have a full planet covered with boxes of stuff i no longer can use or even share

18. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They haven't really went into detail
    But NPC's pay rent based on the quality of the room.

Chances are it is similar to Terreria where you "Assign" a room.

killpay likes this.
  19. Riloh

Riloh Void-Bound Voyager

I'm thinking the game is going to have to start checking structures for validity, kind of like how a certain other game required that structures have a man-made background wall, an unbroken wall, a door, a bed, a light source, etc.

Once the game is able to determine whether or not structures are "sound," I would imagine it would then be able to "check in" your tenant. I can then imagine a system where the tier/quality of items used (ie: wooden bed VS impervium bed) would determine how much you get paid.

Or maybe something like that, hah.

20. Kingpwn

Kingpwn Big Damn Hero

Ah ok, thanks. That could be a neat system. Like if you had a room full of Impervium things, you'd get lotsa pixels from NPC's who rent out the room.