1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated [Outdated] Planetside Teleporters 2.11

Configurable teleporters for warping from place to place on a planet or ship.

1. hevenik

hevenik Void-Bound Voyager

Now everything works great :) Thanks for quick fix and awesome mod :)

2. DarkerCloud

DarkerCloud Big Damn Hero

Are you going to be updating this for future versions of starbound? There was a teleport mod I loved and the author never updated it and it was one of my favorites.

3. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

That's the plan. Now that wipes have stopped, I can't just stop updating it, since I don't want to screw over anyone who uses teleporters to get around.

I assume the other mod you're referring to is Waypoints, which it seems the author stopped working on after I released my teleporters... possibly because mine did the same thing, better. It's a shame, but that's progress.

DarkerCloud likes this.
  4. New2Starbound

New2Starbound Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, if I update this mod to the most recent version (V 2.02), will I have to set up my teleporters again? As in, re-obtain coordinates and then use them on the pads.

5. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

Nope. Coordinates and teleporters continue operating as usual between updates. 2.02 in particular was basically a one-line code change in the teleporter tech, so it didn't really change anything (except fixing a bug that could pop up under certain circumstances).

6. New2Starbound

New2Starbound Subatomic Cosmonaut

Okay, thanks man! I appreciate the time you put into this mod.

7. Mara1681

Mara1681 Phantasmal Quasar

This is amazing mod! But sometimes when I want to teleport, it shows me a windows with information about that teleporter, as if I'm holding the teleporter reader. I understand that the teleporter could heat and I need to wait during the cooling, but every time it says that the teleporter is ready and I need to close the window to continue playing. I don't know If it was already reported, but I think that it is some kind of bug.
    And the teleporters could work without selected tech in the inventory, but it is only my suggestion, it is only up to you developer. :)

8. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

Teleporters will say they're ready any time they have valid coordinates; if there's ever a reason they can't teleport you, you'll get a status popup, with the reason at the bottom. Usually, the problem is trying to use teleporters too fast (you have to wait about a second after teleporting before you can use another teleporter), or forgetting to activate the tech. You can also get a popup if you press E too many times, as individual teleporters have a short cooldown between uses.

Unfortunately, the teleporters currently can't work without the tech, due to technical limitations. As soon as Chucklefish gives us the ability to teleport players without using a tech, it'll no longer be required.

9. Zomrabitt

Zomrabitt Void-Bound Voyager

I came across sort of a strange problem when trying to use this mod earlier. For some reason, if a character was modded (be it an entire race mod or just colors/hairstyles), none of the items in this mod would show up at all! Yet when I placed all the equipment in a chest and had multiple modded characters check it, all the equipment was clearly there, and all the objects functioned properly when placed, even by the modded races.

Is there any way to fix this? It's a bit troublesome having to go onto a side character just to fill chests all the time...

10. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

It sounds like something is interfering with the crafting. You should definitely be able to craft everything at the Teleporter Crafting Table, no matter what - it's configured to ignore blueprint requirements.

If you have any characters that can access a Teleporter Crafting Table and not see everything, you're probably using a mod - maybe an outdated one - that included my mod wrong, and is interfering with it. If you can find any folders or files starting with "vaeux_" other than the modinfo file from this mod, you've found the problem, and I would like to know what the culprit is. If it's a pak'd mod, you won't be able to find it with a simple file search, and we'll need to arrange for a closer examination.

If you can craft everything at the Teleporter Crafting Table, but can't craft the table itself, I can only assume you're using a mod that, for some reason, explicitly overrides the default blueprints in player.config. This should break a lot of mods, and should have explicitly warned about that in its description.

It might also help to check your starbound.log file after loading up a character, to see if any errors pop up in there. Also, you can try and narrow down what mod is causing problems by gradually removing mods and making a new character after each change, until everything is craftable again.

11. Zomrabitt

Ahh, but I just downloaded this version of the mod today and had no older versions and the error still occurred! I got on a Glitch character that had not been played and was made before I added any mods at all and he was capable of making the table and all the recipes, but as soon as I played a modded race or a vanilla race with color mods, those specific characters couldn't use the mod at all! The table, and all the items, weren't there.
    I removed literally every mod I had saved for the race mods and the teleporter mod and the table and recipes still wouldn't show up for the modded characters. I'm not exactly sure what's causing the problem because of this; if it should be working for modded races, why didn't the items show up for them?

I should clarify that in my last post, the only way they got those items was because of the Glitch character I made. I had to have him put the table in a chest for a modded character to use it and make all the recipes, and they did that just fine, so the items are working for the modded characters, but they aren't showing up. I don't think removing the race mods themselves would solve the problem...

12. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

First of all, please stop saying that items "aren't showing up" if they actually are - it's confusing. There's a huge difference between not being able to craft an item, and it not showing up in the game at all.

If I'm understanding you correctly, everything is working except being able to craft the Teleporter Crafting Table on modded characters, which means something is messing with the default blueprints. You need to find the one mod that lets you create a character that isn't able to make the Teleporter Crafting Table, make sure that mod is up to date, and then tell me the name of that mod and how the character was customized. I need enough information to investigate the problem, or I cannot help you.

13. Rayne.

Rayne. Void-Bound Voyager

occasionally trying to use an unactivated teleporter without knowing the tech will "freeze" the player, in the sense that you cant walk anymore, but you can still perform other actions like placing tiles.

not really a problem since you shouldnt be using unactivated teleporters, but just letting you know.

cbf to see if this has been reported already, cheers

14. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

This is news to me. The teleporters never actually directly manipulate players, even when teleporting - the tech does all the work on its own, by necessity. The teleporters will always show a popup if they aren't teleporting you, but the popups don't prevent movement. I can't really think of a reason why this would be happening, unless you're using a different tech or mod that disables movement under certain circumstances; if not, you might want to verify the game's integrity in Steam, just in case.

15. Zomrabitt

Alright, I think I understand now.

After removing all my mods save for the teleporter mod, I slowly added mods until the table was no longer craftable. Oddly enough, without all the race mods, the crafting table was craftable every single time. I think that the mod causing the problem is the Avali mod. The version I'm using is the current available version, so it should be up to date as far as I know. The Avali I'm using is wearing a rainbow hood, and the default red clothes you get from the starting screen when you make your Avali character for vanity items, as well as the Solarium Lantern from the Back Items Mod and a rainbow cape over that; their armor is the vanilla steel leggings (they're called greaves or something) and the highest tier of hood and hoodie from the Yukari mod.

16. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

@Zomrabitt I just tested this with Avali mod and it works perfectly. Nor can i see anything that would cause a conflict. :lod:

You wouldn't happen to be using Modloader would you Zomrabit?

(Slick mod BTW Vaeux)

17. Zomrabitt

I'm not using Modloader, actually. I'm not sure what could be causing the problem in that case...

18. Zomrabitt

Alright, after taking out all my mods yet again I've found out the problem was RWBYbound. The table was craftable up until I added that mod.

19. Vaeux

Vaeux Big Damn Hero

I made an Avali character with RWBYbound installed and was still able to make the Teleporter Crafting Table, as well as the RWBYbound crafting thing. I did notice that one of RWBYbound's recipes is malformed and doesn't load, but I'm fairly certain that shouldn't interfere with any other recipes. I need to take a closer look at the mods you are using - I'll start a conversation with you.

Thanks! I wish it was slick enough to not inexplicably break like this, however.

20. Rayne.

Rayne. Void-Bound Voyager

i had pulse jump equipped