Other types of liquids and rain.

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Admiral Obvious, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

An accelerator? Sure why not? Maybe you can use these liquids in certain crafting recipes.

2. A couple of ideas for you:

Liquid rubber - Thick and difficult to move through, but when the weather cools, a solid (and very bouncy) crust forms over the top. <BOING!> :barefeet:
    Tar - Very thick and sticky. Speed and jump height are drastically reduced when moving through it and for several seconds after leaving. Easy to drown in, and also flammable. :fireball:

Admiral Obvious likes this.
  3. Admiral Obvious

I'm going to edit the main post to include these ideas. I'm just going to keep editing the post when ideas keep coming in.

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  4. I was a bit late editing my post, but I added tar to my suggestions. Thanks for including my idea.

5. Admiral Obvious

Would it rain tar? Or how would you find it?

I'd like to make some basis for finding, making or otherwise.

6. Tar is very heavy, so it wouldn't rain tar unless the atmosphere was very thick or there was frequent storm activity. Tar would be found in naturally occurring pits (think La Brea Tar Pits), usually with animal remains or fossils stuck in them.

Admiral Obvious likes this.
  7. Admiral Obvious

(Copy-Paste to thread) :)

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  8. Admiral Obvious

Took a trip to a volcano today.

We should add sulfur.

Sulfur occurs over lava-pits, but aren't directly connected to lava-pits.

It could rain sulfuric acid, especially if the planet is really polluted.

9. Admiral Obvious

Bump after 76 hours.

10. Snowfalcon

Snowfalcon Big Damn Hero

Going by what info we have been given regarding Water physics,and you mentioned "It should'nt rain Oil" how about when it is pressurised? Geysers maybe

11. Admiral Obvious

I don't know, it could work if the planet had an extremely high pressure, like you stated, i just don't know about the realism of it.

12. Pikkon53

Pikkon53 Void-Bound Voyager

Didn't think to look in Blocks and Crafting for this thread, but contributing anyways. Rather than a (relatively) short list of possible liquids, why not have a system that takes attributes of varying degree and creates a near limitless variety of liquids? Combustibility, corrosiveness, density, freezing temperature, etc. Liquids could still be used for crafting if any liquid in question met certain requirements, like combustibility for fuel. This would allow players to find "better" fuel sources or crafting catalysts.

13. Admiral Obvious

I hadn't thought about it, seems good to me.

14. Darkstorn

Darkstorn Starship Captain

Maybe Frezeer or something like this? Very cold liquid, opposite of lava.

15. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

This could be really really cool! I can See it now:
    You see a Lone Selket (My idea) Scientist walking on a dense boggy planet, he is gathering strange bog plants and a weird glowing ore, when all of a sudden green clouds gather over the sky, the Selket Notices them and runs into a nearby base made out of condensed blocks of the strange green ore he slams the door shut just as acid starts to fall down from the sky, He seems to have prepared for this because the acid doesn't seem to be melting the strange ore blocks, the Selket seems to be mixing some crushed bog plants and the ore, once he appears to be finished he waits for the acid to stop, when it does he goes on top of the building and adds some more to the base, he seems to be building a fortress.

This is gonna make a great side quest or some sort of thing for the Selket.

16. Darkstorn

But what if somebody will kill Skeleton before he will be in base?

17. Tea Mate

Tea Mate Existential Complex

This ↑

Even though i think there could be some base liquids too. It's all fine and well seeing a ton of strange unidentifiable liquids, but some base ones mixed in would be nice too.

Besides, the more ideas of base liquids we can make up, the more possibilities for randomly generated ones too.

Also, i think that the appearance of these liquids would have to depend on their properties too. That would help you decide on sight if you can go swimming in it or not.

Another liquid could be:
    Bio-liquid - green or teal coloured liquid a bit similar to acid or green water, only glowing at first glance. Even though it is nothing like that. Swimming in it causes your health to regenerate. It is pretty rare. Density is similar to that of water. It is also sometimes called "Life-water" or "Moon water". Stories about the fountain of youth came from an explorer who found it. Scientists argue if this bio-liquid is some kind of a large organism, a colony of organisms, a strange formula unknown to them or simply water filled with some strange species of bacteria.

or something like that. Lava, acid and etc. - all they do is hurt people, so why not one that heals them instead?

18. Darkstorn

This will be very cool. Base with pool of bio-liquid will be like hospital :D

19. Zaba35

Zaba35 Phantasmal Quasar

non-Newtonian fluid-is you move slowly across on it you sink and drown if you run across your stay on top of it as if it were a solid
    Inhabited water-water with little wormy things in it you step in it you are damaged if you heat it up or chill it it will turn to normal water
    Swamp water-Darker colored water
    Inky water-made when squids ink you screen is black and foggy when you get inked

20. Admiral Obvious

I'm gonna add all of that.

Zaba35 likes this.