Other bits and pieces from today 23rd June

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Jeoshua

Jeoshua Existential Complex

That works well until you accidentally leave one in, then release the game, and are left with people talking about "that one time" there was a 100 ft Racoon that threw them all the way to a testing world! Which is why one shouldn't do that too far into game development.
    I kept saying, it would be way less offensive if it were just given some context. Here's the context, no longer is anyone upset (plus we're all burnt out on that particular argument). Besides, if wise sensei wishes to tell us of how he came to be of the ruling class of this "Bel Air", we should respect him and listen. There is probably a lesson hidden in there, somewhere.

ObsidianDragon13 and LastDay like this.
  2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: DERAILING Expires: A MONTH I THINK
    I don't care if I get banned (conspiracy is in the air) for this post, but how come he got banned?
    I mean, as Sledra said (a moderator), he can make another post somewhere else.
    If he was given the option to make a new thread, he obviously didn't do something too bad.
    I have seen many different threads being de-railed. They got a warning., but not a warning point.

How come something that didn't get a warning point given out before, get an outright ban?
    Is it because of some sensitive information about Bartwe? If so, you could just ask him to stop. If he doesn't take action.
    But this just seems like abuse. He got banned, after being the 72nd person joined, in the first hour, for something as simple as giving out information that shouldn't be hidden or, as he said, "swept under the rug".

If he did go, this is a big deal. Don't censor the crowd, tell them what happened, let them give condolences, and move on.

Long Live Darg 2.JPG

3. PartyAlarm

PartyAlarm A "Cool" "Good" poster.

Sweet, I loved the grasslands parallax especially, it was a shame it was too far down to see most of the time. Little changes like this add a lot to atmosphere.

4. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will merchants have limited or infinit supplies?

5. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

looks really good im actually quite curious about the other A.I. functions and selling my unwanted gear would be really great seeing as i hate just trashing it.

6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Yeah, at least you'd be able to get cash for trash. But what if there's no vendor nearby and your exploratory looting went a little too far?

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  7. ObsidianDragon13

im thinking that may be one of the A.i.'s new functions intergalactic trade perhaps? worst comes to worst remember an outpost planet you last visited.

8. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Can't get to the ship to use the AI when you're thousands of tiles below the ground, is what I meant. Nor can you sell things to a merchant in that scenario.

9. ObsidianDragon13

true, just attempt to get to the surface for evac as best you can i suppose :rofl:

10. BotanicalCode

BotanicalCode Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does this mean you sell your SAIL to merchants or your SAIL helps you sell other things to merchants? From previous comments I'm guessing the former

11. ObsidianDragon13

oh thats just speculation on my part no official word on a.i. merchant atm.

12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Neither, actually.

13. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

The trees look really good, I look forward to seeing more like this.

14. Wheezy 11

Wheezy 11 Void-Bound Voyager

Ooh nice work guys. :D Loving the daily updates still. Can't wait til this all hits stable further on down the road.

PabloM likes this.
  15. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I'd still hope for official answer regarding whether AIs could be turned off. While I appreciate attempts at developing interaction with the ship I just am not fond of the AIs as presented and would like to be able to turn them off without resorting to dabbling in modding.

16. Minecraftcake11

Minecraftcake11 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your picture: I don't know why I have these goggles...

17. DaveDnasty

DaveDnasty Orbital Explorer

• USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: I literally just warned you, and this is your next post? Expires: 1 MONTH
    More aesthetics. YAAAAAAY.

No seriously when is the game getting something other than cosmetic changes.

18. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks promising. This gives the world a nice touch of deepth :)

ObsidianDragon13 likes this.
  19. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

what the heck is going on in this thread

i'm scared

Snowisle likes this.
  20. NeoFoxx000

NeoFoxx000 Phantasmal Quasar

Looking at what's going to be command options, I just got a brainwave here.

Now I'm not sure how many people here have played Torchlight, but one of the features in that game was unidentified items. However you couldn't just right-click to identify like in Diablo III, but you needed an Identify Scroll.

However, in this case you don't get an identification scroll. Instead you have to take it to your ship and request your SAIL to run a spectragraphic analysis on the unidentified item in an attempt to identify it... (maybe with a chance of failure) >_>;

Anyway, the SAIL GUI is lookin' pretty good so far.

PabloM and Kawa like this.