1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ores.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by buboe, Dec 5, 2013.

1. buboe

buboe Subatomic Cosmonaut

>Is it just me, or can I not find like, ANY silver at all....
    >Same goes for gold.
    >Do higher level planets have more ore?

2. Poseidon

Poseidon Big Damn Hero

Yeah I would imagine higher level planets have rarer ore types.

3. Sine Diego

Sine Diego Space Spelunker

I hear ya, man. I've yet to find ANY silver ores on my starter planet.

4. TheFoeburner

TheFoeburner Zero Gravity Genie

the higher levels have tons of the stuff, just found a vein with 82 gold in it

5. Poseidon

Poseidon Big Damn Hero

What was the threat level of the planet though?

6. TheFoeburner

7. Dragoneer1

Dragoneer1 Master Chief

Ive found lots of silver on lvl 6 jungle planet, you just have to dig almost to the core of the world, its pretty common down there, basicly dig until you dont hear any music and enjoy your 15 silver ore veins

8. UltraSnaky

UltraSnaky Pangalactic Porcupine

I've found that moons usually have a lot of ore on them - though this is offset by the fact that there's no trees and that you freeze to death in less than a minute if you don't have heat-insulating armour.

9. Shivelamouse

Shivelamouse Space Hobo

It's true, I tested this. Went to lvl 28 planet to farm some titanium and found a buttload

10. buboe

buboe Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just traveled to a moon.
    Heed this warning, i'm stuck here since I can't get anything done before I freeze to death every time!
    I could craft some better cold resistant armor...
    That is, if I hadn't run out of pixels. (And there's basically no way for me to get more, seeing as I freeze to death before I can do anything.)

11. TheFoeburner

have you found any plat ore in the ground?

12. macauw

macauw Subatomic Cosmonaut

I just tried a lvl 30 planet but I died before I could get kinda deep... So I havent found any plat so far only in some chests.

13. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

What gear are the people getting to level 30 planets using? I can't seem to create anything beyond silver gear and I'm still stuck using only iron weapons, have I missed something?

14. macauw

Have you killed the first boss and used the magma core it drops to make a metalsmeltery thingy? because you get some new fancy recipes once you do.

15. TheFoeburner

ya without the plat armor everything in the gamma sector one shots you gotta find/craft a high level weapon and the game becomes who hits who first

16. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

Ah! I had no idea that it unlocked new things, when I tried the boss with my friends we were stomped. Do you think the boss is possible with two pieces of silver armor and one iron armor? I noticed that my bow hardly harmed the dude and he was rarely in melee range... Talk about frustrating!

17. macauw

I simply build a block around the monsters so they cant attack me. But I fell down onto one so :(....

I did it with full silver armor and I used a few bombs which brought it to about 30% of its HP then I simply kept firing my non damage dealing bow till it was dead :p

18. Shivelamouse

Shivelamouse Space Hobo

Also yes.

19. TheFoeburner

do you remember where? or have a screen of it ive been just mining in beta/gamma sectors for 4/5hrs now and haven't seen a single piece in the ground

20. Shivelamouse

Shivelamouse Space Hobo

Stupidly rare and needs to be fixed. I found it near a core while a friend of mine on another gamma planet found it right on the surface.