1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ore's Leaked!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Radicool, May 4, 2013.

1. Maxwell5123

Maxwell5123 Star Wrangler

*Flips an IKEA store* Got you covered.

KirasiN and Kenwei2 like this.
  2. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Damn doppelgangers, when will their tyranny end?

Sykes and Kenwei2 like this.
  3. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

We might have been talking to the doppelganger this whole time! To make matters worse there is no way to find out who the real Sykes is... unless... we kill one. I guess that's a sacrifice Syk... *cough* I will have to make for the team! Come here Sykes :love:

4. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well as it turns out, the "fake" Sykes is merely reposting my forum posts on 4chan, so I don't even know who the real me is anymore >_>

5. Maxwell5123

Maxwell5123 Star Wrangler

It's very simple, we give a gun to Tiy and who ever doesn't get shot is the real Sykes!

Ryukiroku likes this.
  6. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

Have you been waking up in strange places recently? Maybe you have a split-Brad-Pitt personality that comes out when you're asleep. It's a rare disease known as fightclubicitis. The effects of this awful disease are espionage and sleepiness but there is a cure! All you have to do is simply reenact the movie Inception... simple as that... except your fighting against Brad Pitt.

7. Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

>kyrenite
    >rhodium
    >omnisteel

I am satisfied.

EDIT: Oh wait, Rhodium is a real element... I lost myself there for a while

KirasiN likes this.
  8. Beonadryt

Beonadryt Big Damn Hero

Forcetrium
    [​IMG]
    :
    D

M C and LastDay like this.
  9. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ooking at the picture better known that there are bars of uranium and plutonium, and don't exist ingots with the other means that there is a system of radioactivity with engines and anything else interesting

Baradrim likes this.
  10. Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

While I don't understand what you are saying, I guess you are implying that plutonium is refined uranium. That is correct, but that does not change the fact that these don't have to be ores, and not un-refined materials.

11. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

will I expressed myself badly, I mean the use of rods of uranium and plutonium as fuel, as the current nuclear submarine engines or as a source of energy such as nuclear power plants

Baradrim likes this.
  12. Baradrim

Baradrim Big Damn Hero

Oh, yeah, good idea. Pardon me...

13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

.. all this nuclear material? Pulse rifles looking guns?

Orbital bombardment CONFIRMED! :sarcasm:
    "Its the only way to be sure."

14. Shot846

Shot846 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want cobalt

SpaceGorrila6969 likes this.
  15. Shot846

Shot846 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also some Meteor stuff or AsteroidOre

16. AirplaneRandy

AirplaneRandy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This game needs Dolomite baby!

You do know that Meteorites are made mostly out of iron and other insignificant minerals?

17. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey lets all double post because that's totally not against the rules right?

EDIT: Two of the 3 people who double posted removed/combined their posts. Thank you <3 :D

Coin, Alvin Flummox, Sykes and 2 others like this.
  18. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Plutonium is made by forcibly attaching extra particles to a Uranium atom. Because it has an extra proton in the nucleus it is technically a new element, but it is impossible to find Plutonium ore in the same way that it is impossible to find smelted steel-- it would have to be made first, or it would be a truly incredible freak of nature to the same extent as finding a tree that just so happened to randomly grow into the exact shape of a working clock with stone gears.

As for steel, the thought had occurred to me because of Durasteel, like maybe you craft it as an alloy or other ores. However, there is no reason to even have the bar-- You could just have both materials included in the cost of items made from the alloy (like if Mangalloy is made of steel and manganese, just include both in the recipe of the manganese weapon instead of having to craft manganese bars first). It just seems wierd to me to have the extra step of making steel bars, since smelting iron naturally creates a steel product anyway. The only way to make an actual Iron sword is to heat the Iron at a lower heat to soften it, then pound it into the shape you want.

Exactly, they could have covered the names or something.

Okay. As you wish~

Raindrac and AirplaneRandy like this.
  19. ConsPark

ConsPark Big Damn Hero

Loving these designs. Steel and titanium look a tad too similar, I think, but otherwise they're looking sharp. I especially love the colors of Aegisalt and Rhodium.

The only thing that's notably absent is Tiberium. Really, a tiberium-esque mineral that mutates and alters the planet that it's on over time could make for some very interesting biomes (think corruption from Terraria).

Alvin Flummox likes this.
  20. AirplaneRandy

AirplaneRandy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On a quick read up on wikipedia, smiths were able to create steel by adding charcoal to the smelting process which creates the superior alloy. Before this was discovered, only weak bending iron weaponry were made, which were comparable to bronze.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Age_sword
    So I'm sure Starbound will make Charcoal, or coal, an extra ingredient to make steel ingots.

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.