1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ore's Leaked!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Radicool, May 4, 2013.

1. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

I honestly expected Tiyurium to be on there, and Rhodium is an actual element IRL...

Kinda sad about having both Uranium AND Plutonium, since one is technically just a refined form of the other. Same with Iron AND Steel. What's up with that? Maybe to make these, and durasteel, you need to combine ores and create alloys, like mangalloy IRL?

However, the fact that Forcetrium is in the shape of yellow triangles makes up for it, easily.
    You could, like, stack three pieces on top of each other like this:
    [​IMG]

Sock_Bunny, Triforce2II and Autzome like this.
  2. Maxwell5123

Maxwell5123 Star Wrangler

Yes those people, because streams to them just show off stuff they've already seen, but looky here ORES! Now they'll shut up!

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

You will now be transformed into a grotesque pig-like creature, whose only weakness lies in its inability to leave a well-reinforced room filled with the only things that may kill you. Good luck.

4. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

This image is 8 months old. Go to bed people it's hilariously out of date for a leak.

5. Dagorran

Dagorran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AzViz, Zaniel and Kenwei2 like this.
  6. Thani

Thani Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hope there is Explodium in the game, or some other similar kaboomey natural material.

7. Yeah, I was definitely going in expecting unobtainium, because the devs know their sci fi tropes. Was not expecting plain obtainium.
    How would that happen?

8. Ice_Korin

Ice_Korin Industrial Terraformer

Oh god, I spent too much time on that 4chan thread
    I'mma go to my corner now ; ^ ;

9. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

Well least the source was uncovered, hopefully this won't cause you too many problems, the game is almost out anyway and just knowing ores isn't as bad as having a version of the game leaked.

10. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

11. Zaniel

Zaniel Space Penguin Leader

12. ArousedStars

ArousedStars Orbital Explorer

[​IMG] RON PAUL WARNED US ABOUT THIS.

13. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

Hey maybe you shouldn't continue to leak potential game content after you've already lost your credibility? Sure your posts are hilarious but your blunder certainly is not.

EDIT: Maybe losing your credibility is the perfect reasoning to continue to release leaked info...

14. Earl Asplund

Earl Asplund The Number of the Minibeast

I believe the scientific term for that is TriForcetrium. :p

Triforce2II and KirasiN like this.
  15. Vession

Vession Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome. Good to see the development (accidentally) relate to its roots back in Terraria, though I guess this was bound to happen eventually anyway.

16. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

(1) Both Uranium and Plutonium have their own spot on the periodic table of elements.

(2) Notice that Iron has bars and various ore graphics. Steel has only a bar. This would mean that Steel can be crafted, but not mined.

blind sniper, Charon, Purple and 6 others like this.
  17. Zaniel

Zaniel Space Penguin Leader

Kenwei2 likes this.
  18. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thanks for confirming my **** up, guys. :p Also, for the record, I don't use 4chan, and I never really plan on it. According to sources, there's someone on the SB thread claiming to be Sykes. That is not me...

The developers may not be able to confirm this because they are under a signed NDA, and only Tiy can make the call. He is asleep though.

Although my intention was good in sharing this image with another colorblind friend to help find a possible solution, the outcome is my fault, and I'm sure Chucklefish won't be too happy with me about this.

Keep in mind though, that's an old (2-ish month old) picture, and much of it could have changed by now.

I'm going to stop talking from here on out though. I've caused enough issues..

pigrocket likes this.
  19. Rivalyn

Rivalyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But vaporizing it would be the opposite of obtaining it, wouldn't it? You'd be destroying it, literally preventing you from getting any of it. It would still be unobtanium.

Why? I highly doubt it is trademarked... well, I'll Google it.

I'll be damned. A company that makes wallets? I guess they have a pretty solid trademark case here. Yeah, it'd be a lot easier for Chucklefish to change the name of Obtanium to Tiyurium or something of the sort.
    I guess a lot of the people here would be totally pumped if various high-tier ores were named after Chucklefish staff.

Regal Kain likes this.
  20. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

You have an imposter lurking the Starbound forums? If he turns out to be your evil twin reaping havoc in your name I'm afraid I'm going to have to flip a table.

Zaniel and Sykes like this.