1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ore's Leaked!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Radicool, May 4, 2013.

1. Spike

Spike Supernova

Wait, uh... you're...with the dev team?

2. Rivalyn

Rivalyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, if it were unobtainum, then you literally couldn't get any. No tool in the game would mine it and no terrain-altering device or effect would disturb it. You could obliterate an entire world down to the core and have nothing but floating veins of unobtainium left behind, mocking you.

And as the core is impassable, it's probably made of unobtanium too.

Kenwei2 likes this.
  3. Spike

Spike Supernova

There you go kiddo.

4. Maxwell5123

Maxwell5123 Star Wrangler

It sucks yer somewhat at fault for a leak, but consider this way. A lot of people who were complaining about not enough updates have just had their yaps shut for the next week or 2 weeks.

Braxtrose, DaviDeil and ockpii like this.
  5. Spike

Spike Supernova

Well, you can't obtain it, but what if you can vaporize it?

Autzome likes this.
  6. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Cool, it was posted after I posted my post. Also, don't call me kiddo, im not young :wut:

Braxtrose likes this.
  7. Kenwei2

Kenwei2 Cosmic Narwhal

I don't think those people complaining about enough updates will ever be satisfied however I'd love to stand corrected!

8. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

and then, and only then, nothing would truly stop us(just wants to replace a worlds core with candy)

9. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

You mean those people complaining about updates like 3 days after a new stream?

DeadlyLuvdisc likes this.
  10. Earl Asplund

Earl Asplund The Number of the Minibeast

That's why there's Obtanium. You obtain the Obtainium so that you can obtain the Unobtanium that'd normally be unobtainable, thus making Unobtainium obtainable. :p

11. M0du5

M0du5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These posts keep getting better and better. :rofl:
    On the subject of color blindness, I certainly hope that these colors are not the same that will be used in game. I am color-blind and when I look at this chart I see 5 whites, 5 yellows, 2 rust-oranges, 3 blue-purples, and 2 dark grays. These very only slightly in intensity but are identical in hue. Im sure that with the variable lighting conditions in game that they will be indistinguishable.

Kagosby and Kenwei2 like this.
  12. Izen

Izen Orbital Explorer

Calm the fuck down people.

Tux, Shippo and Sykes like this.
  13. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

No, but I posted about 8 months ago about colorblindness, addressing the developers about the subject, and offering my services, if needed, in an email to help make the game colorblind friendly. In Tiy's email answering spree a couple months ago, he responded to it and invited me to Skype, where we discussed many features of the game that are color-based, like ores, and potential solutions. This image was brought up and he stressed that it's unfinished and didn't want it spreading around.

After the discussion, I contacted another colorblind Starbounder about the image, because I needed a second opinion from another colorblind player to help think of the most effective solution. Unfortunately, he wasn't as responsible as I had hoped.

I'm not a dev, just a "contributor", and a very lowly one at that. More of a contractor.

Plans are in motion to help with that. It's known that any type of colorblindness will have a LOT of trouble telling ores apart.

14. Spike

Spike Supernova

I'm sorry about that man. But it might be very difficult for the devs to assign all that ores a different color for the colorblind. Though I'm sure they'll at least try.

I have to wonders though....if the ores will leak lava.... he, the ores are leaking.

15. Sykes

Sykes Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The solution doesn't lie in the colors of the ore. Tiy and I were discussing the possibility of a HUD feature that would help tell you what ore you're looking at, without relying on color.

16. Zaniel

Zaniel Space Penguin Leader

Do you have any proof?

POST EDITED BY MODERATION STAFF FOR CONTENT.

17. gingerskittles

gingerskittles Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to make Rainbow Rock armour and rule the universe with the power of love <3

18. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Existential Complex

I would change the name of Obtanium to something else before Chucklefish gets slapped with a lawsuit.

19. Spike

Spike Supernova

Common man, don't be an as-

Wait, did Sykes actually like this? What?!

Sykes likes this.
  20. Got a good laugh out of Forcetrium. Don't care what it does, I'm grabbing a cargo load of it!
    [​IMG]
    "You found Forcetrium!"